Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

they send scouts.... so once a while, you will see only 1 or 2 crawling ard but cos so few, you might not realise it. but once the scout found there are food, then the whole lot will come.

but after i use the chalk, even i put food on the table for a day, there are still no ants coming. hehehe...

What kind of chalk is that?

School blackboard chalk?

Is it toxic or poisonous?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's my parquet guy turn - Ah Huat & team!

They have done a great job in repairing and polishing my parquet. Other than always coming late, came from msia, i'm quite satisfy!

Conditioning the new parquet skirting

636422f4.jpg

Polishing the floor, I like the raw parquet

a29b6087.jpg

Before

8d28c01a.jpg

After, can you spot the different between the new and the old?

aad3af6f.jpg

When I see the final result, I really heart pain with my staircase :(

Due to not incurring more money in our escalating renov cost, we decided to keep the staircase raw, cement screed....

Whenever I see the raw finishes, it just sadden me! We could have just repair it if not because of some smart alex!! :~ :~

Wow! Beautiful parquet..... Simply love it after polishing.

Sorry to hear that the workers didn't do a good job to maintain the stairs. Didnt u get compensated for their errors? Poor thing coz u now ve to live with cemented stairs.

Moved house!! Cannot lah, cannot let them win, just :fire: :fire: :fire:

My mom's old house ever had a nest of cockroaches inside a box of leftover tiles. We only know it when we heard their activities!! When my mom spray insecticide, the cockroaches went crazy! I freak out and hide inside my room!!

Hmmm.... Does it work if i use the chalk and draw a big circle around my island?? The ants cannot crawl onto it??

i actually have an answer to that. once i had food scrap on the kitchen top, and the ants were having a feast. so i drew a circle around them. it was funny watching them. they went near the chalk, but was not able to cross the line, so they kept walking around in circle trying to find a way out. i can see lots of communication going on as well....

15 minutes later....all i see was black specks on the top.

there are no contents stated in the packaging. but there was a patent pending notice.

IR Infrared Remote Control Repeater

All our entertainment components are hidden behind the TV console with wooden doors. That means we are not able to use our remote controller without opening the door. Many IDs or carpenter would suggest to leave the door out or do glass panel or some would do wooden strips. We still prefer solid wooden door, and our initial idea is to install those door which is flip down and silde in to hide it.

Now we got a better solution, we found this infrared remote control repeater, we just have to place the receiver outside and it can remotely operate up to 4 components using your existing remote.

We can basically hide our scv, dvd player, xbox and etc and still able to use the remote controller :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

a4557d2e.jpg

i actually have an answer to that. once i had food scrap on the kitchen top, and the ants were having a feast. so i drew a circle around them. it was funny watching them. they went near the chalk, but was not able to cross the line, so they kept walking around in circle trying to find a way out. i can see lots of communication going on as well....

15 minutes later....all i see was black specks on the top.

there are no contents stated in the packaging. but there was a patent pending notice.

Sound fun! :dancingqueen:

Wow! Beautiful parquet..... Simply love it after polishing.

Sorry to hear that the workers didn't do a good job to maintain the stairs. Didnt u get compensated for their errors? Poor thing coz u now ve to live with cemented stairs.

Must hang the ID for his poor co-ordination. What they are for is dollars and sense issue. What the point is just bunch of sorry or apology which you has to accept their mistake.

Pay monies to compensate shall erase the anger.

Should follow the law - Singapore is a fine city. Made mistake just pay to learn the mistake you made.....

Anyone got lobang for those 1way mirror film. I want to put that on the window along the corridor.

Edited by jshome

Must hang the ID for his poor co-ordination. What they are for is dollars and sense issue. What the point is just bunch of sorry or apology which you has to accept their mistake.

Pay monies to compensate shall erase the anger.

Should follow the law - Singapore is a fine city. Made mistake just pay to learn the mistake you made.....

The problem is we are not sure who is responsible, the IDs or the contractor, apparently, they discussed and without our pressence, decide to remove it. Who make the final decision we are not sure, contractor said is IDs, and we can't confirm with IDs because we are not using them anymore. Who is right who is wrong, we are not sure.

We are just angry that whatever decision, they should check back with the owner 1st! There are many things thrown away without our knowledge, the rest are just minor things and already replaced by the contractor. 先斩后做! :furious:

i applied my magic chalk along the trail and voila, 15 minutes later.....dead ants everywhere.....lol. had to use vacumn to help me in the corpse clearing since there is so many of them....

20120712_194219.jpg

i'd tried many "versions" of ant killer products, and this is the only one that really works for me. thanks to maydream for the recommendations!

Thanks for picture....... now go find the chalk

The problem is we are not sure who is responsible, the IDs or the contractor, apparently, they discussed and without our pressence, decide to remove it. Who make the final decision we are not sure, contractor said is IDs, and we can't confirm with IDs because we are not using them anymore. Who is right who is wrong, we are not sure.

We are just angry that whatever decision, they should check back with the owner 1st! There are many things thrown away without our knowledge, the rest are just minor things and already replaced by the contractor. 先斩后做! :furious:

You need not to be sure in this case as if is ID or contractor should you are seeking compensation objectively.

1. 50/50 to split the damage claim from the 2 parties.

2. If ID has withdraw the contract in your case that to seek the contractor for compensation. That's to deduct from the hacking charges.

I was quoted 2.8k for the teak timber strips for the staircase and another 3k for the stainless steel rail.

I don't think u should accept the fault of the ID or contractor. Don't pay them until they rectify the fault. If I were u, I can never accept a cemented stair. I remembered my ID made mistake on my laminate stairs, I made him redo at no cost.

Edited by potatoes

i feel indignant for you~ i know how is it like.. my stairs banister has very poor workmanship.. wondering if i should just "live with it" or try to get contractor to fix it at his own cost. :furious:

the problem for you is..... why no one ask you (the owners) first?! you should question them (both the ID and contractors) and state clearly each time you see them that you aren't happy abt it.

(that's what we are hounding our contractor...........)

Edited by thedottyness

DIY

We have been searching hi and lo for the right hanging light for our stairway, went to eurostar, light+form, lumiere etc and along jln bersar and geylang, but still cannot find something that we like. So my SO decide to make one, hope he can do it!

The 1st mockup using toothpick!

a7c155fc.jpg

a4557d2e.jpg

Bro may I knw where U get this gadget from and what's the cost price??

Is it easy to install?

Thnk U :yamseng:

Bro may I knw where U get this gadget from and what's the cost price??

Is it easy to install?

Thnk U :yamseng:

We got it at ebay. Its actually not very expensive, the shipping charges cost more than the kit and we need to buy separately a local adaptor. All in all, it's not more than $100.

Fairly simply to install,wires ae quite long, just need to stick the receiver somewhere visible. Ours came few days ago, and it works, now we are thinking of getting another one for our MBR. If you are getting too, maybe we can share the shipping cost.