Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Woah! Bare hands! :sport-smiley-003:

I use the Combat ant bait. The type with small pellets can grow moldy so I dont like it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Actually I don't have to worry because I got a pest buster at home. He is extremely paranoid with small nasty creatures. He will track and killed with half can of insecticide. For xiao qiong, he will make sure it drown with insectide! Really hate it when he do that, told him many times that it's not good for the children. There is once, he trace the ant nest to my box of document, he just spray everything inside, with my documents too :bangwall:

And there is another time, he messed up the storeroom, dig everything out from it just to track some worms movement.

Each time, I will kena from him too :fire::fire:

Kudo to him, for the past 6years in our previous house, no single sight of lizard at all. No chance for survival! He don't kill, he will catch it with his bare hand and throw it out from the window!

you married a lifelong committed pest buster.....heehee. i wish i can create a little space in my house where the pest can come visit and play, come and stay whenever they want, but leave the rest of the house alone....

you married a lifelong committed pest buster.....heehee. i wish i can create a little space in my house where the pest can come visit and play, come and stay whenever they want, but leave the rest of the house alone....

i also catches cockroaches and lizards when i see them. but usually with tissue so that after that i can kill them! hahaha..... so my house also not that many pests... except ants and now i have the chalk, no ants too. hahaah... :sport-smiley-004:

Moving in

No! We have not moved in yet, but someone yet had..... The Ants Family!

I stare and trace their activities for almost 15mins, found their nest hiding inside the toilet ceiling corner, it was hidden behind the sewage pipe, didn't realise there's a big lobang there! They works in pair and one of them is carrying food into their nest, I trace their food source, and found its from the rubbish chute :bangwall: (a big disadvantage for living in a old flat!). What can I do?? :curse:

3f40946a.jpg

2 things you may need to do are

1. All the lobangs in the toilet are to been filled up with sealant or cement.

2. The rubbish clutes has to be regularly spray with insecticide or using hot water to flush the surround bin clute area.

I does face the same problem but is cockroaches that are one of the worse pest.....

If the ants don't move house maybe the house owner has to.... Oops just joking .....

My mom's home face ants problem which is once the table has certain sweet items, they immediate appear like from no where but when the table has no food, they seem to disappear into the thin air .......

2. The rubbish clutes has to be regularly spray with insecticide or using hot water to flush the surround bin clute area.

I does face the same problem but is cockroaches that are one of the worse pest.....

If the ants don't move house maybe the house owner has to.... Oops just joking .....

My mom's home face ants problem which is once the table has certain sweet items, they immediate appear like from no where but when the table has no food, they seem to disappear into the thin air .......

hey!! same as my in-law's place..

once, i left some food on the table but feeling sick so left it there for like 2 hrs, when i woke up, the whole plate was infested :bangwall:

thing is, other times, there's no ants at all!!

maybe cause the house is old? my in-laws place, i think around 15 years old already..

but.... how they (ants) know when got food?!?!?!

once, i left some food on the table but feeling sick so left it there for like 2 hrs, when i woke up, the whole plate was infested :bangwall:

maybe cause the house is old? my in-laws place, i think around 15 years old already..

they send scouts.... so once a while, you will see only 1 or 2 crawling ard but cos so few, you might not realise it. but once the scout found there are food, then the whole lot will come.

but after i use the chalk, even i put food on the table for a day, there are still no ants coming. hehehe...

Eeeyyyeeeeeee.... But I don't mind ratatouille the rat, every night cook nice food for me.

i also catches cockroaches and lizards when i see them. but usually with tissue so that after that i can kill them! hahaha..... so my house also not that many pests... except ants and now i have the chalk, no ants too. hahaah... :sport-smiley-004:

I hate it when cockroaches fly!!

Hi, do you guys know how to prevent lizards? I really prefer not to have to kill them!!

You can try putting herb like star anise at places where **** is spotted. They hate the smell.

Actually, its good if you have one lizard living aroung the house, it will help you kill spider and small flies.

Moved house!! Cannot lah, cannot let them win, just :fire: :fire: :fire:

My mom's old house ever had a nest of cockroaches inside a box of leftover tiles. We only know it when we heard their activities!! When my mom spray insecticide, the cockroaches went crazy! I freak out and hide inside my room!!

they send scouts.... so once a while, you will see only 1 or 2 crawling ard but cos so few, you might not realise it. but once the scout found there are food, then the whole lot will come.

but after i use the chalk, even i put food on the table for a day, there are still no ants coming. hehehe...

Hmmm.... Does it work if i use the chalk and draw a big circle around my island?? The ants cannot crawl onto it??

What kind of chalk is that?

School blackboard chalk?

Is it toxic or poisonous?

It's my parquet guy turn - Ah Huat & team!

They have done a great job in repairing and polishing my parquet. Other than always coming late, came from msia, i'm quite satisfy!

Conditioning the new parquet skirting

636422f4.jpg

Polishing the floor, I like the raw parquet

a29b6087.jpg

Before

8d28c01a.jpg

After, can you spot the different between the new and the old?

aad3af6f.jpg

When I see the final result, I really heart pain with my staircase :(

Due to not incurring more money in our escalating renov cost, we decided to keep the staircase raw, cement screed....

Whenever I see the raw finishes, it just sadden me! We could have just repair it if not because of some smart alex!! :~ :~

hi jshome.....so funny i had did the same thing last night. followed a TEAM of ants from kitchen top all the way to my black tile floor. they were totally in camo mode when they march alone the black grout lines, and said hi to the other team coming from the other way. they walk across the entire kitchen floor and then proceed to the dining room. while they are crawling through the oak-looking laminated floor, again it is impossible to spot them unless i had direct bright led following them. they ended up at the foot of my teak table.

i applied my magic chalk along the trail and voila, 15 minutes later.....dead ants everywhere.....lol. had to use vacumn to help me in the corpse clearing since there is so many of them....

20120712_194219.jpg

i'd tried many "versions" of ant killer products, and this is the only one that really works for me. thanks to maydream for the recommendations!

School blackboard chalk?

See the above picture, they are referring to this chalk.

School blackboard chalk?

Of course it's toxic and poisonous. Or else ants won't die. But for human, I don't think it will kill you lah and you will not eat it anyway. And you won't need to use often.... I haven't use it since nearly 2 months.

Moved house!! Cannot lah, cannot let them win, just :fire: :fire: :fire:

My mom's old house ever had a nest of cockroaches inside a box of leftover tiles. We only know it when we heard their activities!! When my mom spray insecticide, the cockroaches went crazy! I freak out and hide inside my room!!

Hmmm.... Does it work if i use the chalk and draw a big circle around my island?? The ants cannot crawl onto it??

sound horrible, box of cockroaches. I sure cannot catch all of them!

Ya, you can draw a circle but try to draw at places you will not step on or touch. So can leave it for few days.... Ants can crawl on it but they will die after 15 mins or so (according to Getzski). Then they will not dare to go on yr island anymore.