Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It took us awhile to look for a nice kitchen faucet and this was love at first sight!

d5f0f334.jpg

7a8b8ef0.jpg

Edited by jshome

Shall temporary use this ikea foldable bar stool while we search for permanent dinning chair. Since it is foldable, we can keep it in the store for the occasional party.

ca7510a0.jpg

Other than painting the children's room, we have done nothing to it. And since the lifespan of their room is short, we shall keep it simple and inexpensive. We went to ikea to check out their beds and furnishing, and found that the height of the kura bed fits both of my little princess. Decided to diy and paint it pink, search the net for inspirations and realised there are so much ideas that i can explore...

:dancingqueen:

fe8024cb.jpg

0e47af85.jpg

b6dda109.jpg

006b5443.jpg

My girl wanted this!

fe31f715.jpg

Edited by jshome

If you must get an IKEA bed, I suggest getting a piece of wood to place over the wooden slats. I grew up sleeping on an IKEA bed and I have to say they are not the most comfortable or lasting beds. The slats have a tendency to sag and the individual slats can break if you throw some abuse at them e.g. jump onto bed. So having the wooden board gives additional support.

For the lower bunker, it can also be stuffy, depending on the ventilation used (ceiling fan, ac or stand fan). So just check and see if your gal on the lower bunk sleeps ok.

how old are your girls?

my eldest seem to be outgrowing the ikea bed size.. so i wasn't keen on getting her another ikea bed.

Ghey are coming 5 and 2. This Kura bed is standard single size so it should be ok until they reach primary school.

If you must get an IKEA bed, I suggest getting a piece of wood to place over the wooden slats. I grew up sleeping on an IKEA bed and I have to say they are not the most comfortable or lasting beds. The slats have a tendency to sag and the individual slats can break if you throw some abuse at them e.g. jump onto bed. So having the wooden board gives additional support.

For the lower bunker, it can also be stuffy, depending on the ventilation used (ceiling fan, ac or stand fan). So just check and see if your gal on the lower bunk sleeps ok.

Thanks for the tips, and I also heard about the uncomfortable slats. I shall recycle the wooden plank from the old bunk bed left behind by the previous owner. For ventilation, we bought a clip on mini fan for the lower bunker. But I got a feeling my younger one will either squeeze with her jie jie upstair or contnue to co-sleep with mummy.

Hi Jshome, kids grow up very quickly and thei preference change too when they reach their teens.

You r right, it is no point spending too much to furnish their bedroom when they r still kids; once they grow up, they dont want those 'kiddish' stuff and it would be a waste to throw them away.

Woohoo.... Look what's here! I am really gateful to my carpenter. He really speed up the work for me knowing that we wanted to move in quickly.

3372f5d0.jpg

a4eea47b.jpg

Hi Jshome, kids grow up very quickly and thei preference change too when they reach their teens.

You r right, it is no point spending too much to furnish their bedroom when they r still kids; once they grow up, they dont want those 'kiddish' stuff and it would be a waste to throw them away.

I'm happy if it can last for 10yrs, thereafter will have upgrade their bed. Ikea has lousy mattress, not suitable for the heavy duty. I think it should be ok for young children.

Tomorrow will be my flooring installation. We have chosen the Aspen Oak Black for both the living and dinning, hope it turns out nice.... Can't wait!

52e3088a.jpg

Edited by jshome

Now that we have decided not to build a platform in our bedroom, we have to look for bed frame or etc. we have been to many places to look for one that fits us. To be honest, I have yet to accept not having platform :( we never had a bedframe or bed base before and even in my in law place, I never failed to bruise myself by it. So ideally, it should be frameless and low lying. Chance upon this when shopping at Park Mall, but cannot afford, it costs more than my platform! Anyone can point me the direction where I can find similar bed frame? If really can't find, then we will get duvet or microfible bedbase. :dunno:

d4d2158e.jpg

Wow... I also can't wait to see the end results... :sport-smiley-004: It should be very nice!

Tomorrow will be my flooring installation. We have chosen the Aspen Oak Black for both the living and dinning, hope it turns out nice.... Can't wait!

52e3088a.jpg