Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Measurement done, confirming the final design and quotation. I'm not very sure if he has started the fabrication in his workshop. I shall finalise all these by today.

My lot of carpetry came to my hse 10 days(including Sat and Sun) after measurements onsite. Then you need another measurement by your kitchen surface top to come + delivery, then if you have glass backing for the kitchen wall. After surface is installed, then can measure. Think you have to push your contractor/ID to give a detailed planning. Otherwise 1 or 2 weeks is not enough, if you want to wait until everything is complete to move your stuffs in.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got the keys on the 25th Mar, actual reno only started a month later, wasted 4weeks. And if I count back, this week would be my 9th week of renov already.

Wah!! Very long. I hope mine will be on time. =/

I got the keys on the 25th Mar, actual reno only started a month later, wasted 4weeks. And if I count back, this week would be my 9th week of renov already.

U only left carpentry.... soon reno will be over. How's ur special staircase? Share photos with us leh:)

Edited by potatoes

U only left carpentry.... soon reno will be over. How's ur special staircase? Share photos with us leh:)

Not only capentry. I still have painting, vinyl floor installation, staircase, parquet repair and polishing, lighting and etc pending.

My staircase already install, but need another round of polishing, then painting. Shall take a nice photo when everything is up.

We have finally nailed down all the uncompleted work, target to finish by mid Jul.

Carpentry details finizlised, and laminates selected, mostly wood grain laminates. From the catalogue, you can't really see the grain design, so we went down to Lam Chuan workshop to look at the complete piece. We are quite satisfied with our selection, in fact they have more selection and nicer design than formica.

I will be providing all the hinges and runner. I was planning to use hettich, but they run out of stock for certain measurement, and it will take 2weeks to ship it in. So decided to use blum instead!

Carpenter will be doing all drawers and internal drawers for me, except for 3 drawers, we will be using blum drawer. The only reason we do that is purely branding purpose. At least when we sell our house in the future, we can markup abit by marketing our blum kitchen.

I'm not even sure if this will really fetch a higher price? Anyway, just want to show off lah, since we spend so much on hinges and runners, the blum label must be able to see... :P :P

Check this out! We even slated our shower glass! The walking space looks abit narrow after installing the WC, so we decided to slate the glass so that it will not be an obstruction.

6be2a4ec.jpg

My lot of carpetry came to my hse 10 days(including Sat and Sun) after measurements onsite. Then you need another measurement by your kitchen surface top to come + delivery, then if you have glass backing for the kitchen wall. After surface is installed, then can measure. Think you have to push your contractor/ID to give a detailed planning. Otherwise 1 or 2 weeks is not enough, if you want to wait until everything is complete to move your stuffs in.

We are discussing maybe we should just leave our stuff at storage for another month, even if it is after completion. We can move in 1st and enjoy the space. Just like living in hotel before reality set in. ;)

Edited by jshome

We are discussing maybe we should just leave our stuff at storage for another month, even if it is after completion. We can move in 1st and enjoy the space. Just like living in hotel before reality set in. ;)

as long as you don't need the items at storage, then can just move in to enjoy loh. but if need them, then how not to move it to your new home??

how i envy leh... big space.... nicely renovated!! heheeh.... :dribble:

Carpenter will be doing all drawers and internal drawers for me, except for 3 drawers, we will be using blum drawer. The only reason we do that is purely branding purpose. At least when we sell our house in the future, we can markup abit by marketing our blum kitchen.

I'm not even sure if this will really fetch a higher price? Anyway, just want to show off lah, since we spend so much on hinges and runners, the blum label must be able to see... :P :P

If really want to sell the house, I highly doubt that the new house owner will use back the cabinets unless it is still in good condition. Most likely, it will be hacked away (Usually the case)

as long as you don't need the items at storage, then can just move in to enjoy loh. but if need them, then how not to move it to your new home??

how i envy leh... big space.... nicely renovated!! heheeh.... :dribble:

I think I can live without all my old stuffs! :P i got my new bed, new tv, new fridge and new sofa can already, and everday eat out :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by jshome

If really want to sell the house, I highly doubt that the new house owner will use back the cabinets unless it is still in good condition. Most likely, it will be hacked away (Usually the case)

Depends lah, if stay for 10yrs, and we maintain it well, i think can sell as a package. This is how we manged to sell our 4rm at a premium, the buyer love our house design so much that he basically move in with is luggage only. We even leave behind the fridge, the room tv, and the bed.... He even wanted our sofa which we rejected!

Depends lah, if stay for 10yrs, and we maintain it well, i think can sell as a package. This is how we manged to sell our 4rm at a premium, the buyer love our house design so much that he basically move in with is luggage only. We even leave behind the fridge, the room tv, and the bed.... He even wanted our sofa which we rejected!

really? then i hope i also maintain well and can sell good price in the future if ever comes to that.

Can show us pics of your previous place? So curious after hearing about how much your buyer love your house.

This is what we posted in the ad. Its a 4rm HDB and basically we knock down every single walls that can be knock down. There is only one bedroom (a capsule platform bedroom, shown on right bottom). The othe 2 rooms, we converted half a room into WIW, the other 1.5 room, becomes our study and opens up to the living area. The main entrance faces the open kitchen (on right, top)

3a9e1475.jpg

Edited by jshome