Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone know where I can get motion sensor ceiling light? I'm thinking of fixing one at our foyer. I was thinking to to light up the foyer when we come home and the swich is inside the house!

So motion sensor should solve this problem right?? Also thinking whether will it detect people walking along the corridor??

Anyone know where I can get motion sensor ceiling light? I'm thinking of fixing one at our foyer. I was thinking to to light up the foyer when we come home and the swich is inside the house!

So motion sensor should solve this problem right?? Also thinking whether will it detect people walking along the corridor??

You can pop by Lightcraft to check. They have a range of motion sensor lights based on my fuzzy memories.

Btw, if you move your stuff in before carpentry, be prepared for dust on whatever you have moved in. It can be done - we did move in some stuff before the carpentry was completed but then we had some rooms where very little carpentry work was expected so impact was minimized. Or do you have a storeroom that you can use?

When is the expected completion date for your reno?

You can pop by Lightcraft to check. They have a range of motion sensor lights based on my fuzzy memories.

Btw, if you move your stuff in before carpentry, be prepared for dust on whatever you have moved in. It can be done - we did move in some stuff before the carpentry was completed but then we had some rooms where very little carpentry work was expected so impact was minimized. Or do you have a storeroom that you can use?

When is the expected completion date for your reno?

Thanks will check out lightcraft.

Expected completion date s alteady an unknown :(

Our stuff is in the warehouse for 2mths by end of this mth, so thinking of moving in the stuff 1st if not we will have to incur another mth of rental. We have our children's room empty but space may not be enough.

Loot a car full of lightings from JB, save us more than 50%!

This is what we got.....

2 KDK ceiling fan

1 instant heater

10 Philips LED downlight

1 Philips children light

3 dinning pendent light

1 hanging study light

1 bathroom light

27 T5 lights

5m long LED Strip light

8 various Schneider Switches

1 door bell

100% satisfaction!

KDK 15Z9 60"

KDKFan.jpg

Philips LED Downlight, didn't see this model locally.

PhilipsLEDDownlight.jpg

Philips Suspension Light

KidsLight.jpg

T5 for Living cove light & WIW

t5-led-neon-tube-14w.jpg

Schneider Switches

Switches.jpg

Hi can pm me the address where u bought the kdk fan and the suspension light. Thanks in advance

Hi can pm me the address where u bought the kdk fan and the suspension light. Thanks in advance

Got all the stuff at Tampoi Lighting and Starworld Lighting, all are along at Jln Titiwangsa 3. This place is very popular among S'porean as you can find their shop name splashed over Renotalk. It is really worth the effort to head over there if you have lots of lighting to buy. They even have a Philips showroom for all your LED stuff. Preferable to go during weekday to avoid the jam!

Hi jshome, do they sell the Haiku fan there? Thanks.

I don't think so. When I was there, I overhead another S'porean asking for it, but the salesperson never heard of it. They have lots of KDK fan on display and some designer Amasco fan i think.

I think in the end, that person changed his fan and got another brand instead because of the cheap price.

Jshome, Hw much u paid for Philips kids light?

Be careful when buying not well known ceiling fans from Msia coz some do not have safety marks n if any fire outbreaks (touchwood!), insurance will not compensate.. Tts what I was told.

We are exploring not installing a gate for our access area at our main entrance. Thinking of fencing it instead, either using rod iron or wooden railing. This will definitely open up our entrance! But then, the shoe rack have to put on lock.

I can't find any nice fencing idea from the net yet, so still exploring.

Do you have to declare and pay taxes for the lights?

Yes have to. Each person is allow up to S$150 within 48 hours. Anything more than that have to pay tax. Go to the declare zone, pay and go!

Jshome, Hw much u paid for Philips kids light?

Be careful when buying not well known ceiling fans from Msia coz some do not have safety marks n if any fire outbreaks (touchwood!), insurance will not compensate.. Tts what I was told.

I think it's about S$150.

It should be very safe if you get KDK, reputable brand!

Edited by jshome

How much did u pay for the tax? Need to produce receipt?

7% on the amount above the waiver. Just give them the receipt and they will calculate for you.

Thanks will check out lightcraft.

Expected completion date s alteady an unknown :(

Our stuff is in the warehouse for 2mths by end of this mth, so thinking of moving in the stuff 1st if not we will have to incur another mth of rental. We have our children's room empty but space may not be enough.

Think of all the pros and cons... for personal and expensive items, I'll think twice given that I don't know how secure the apt is while under renovation (read about burglaries in apartments under renovation - quite common it seems), and there are just too many workers around to keep track if things go missing. Plus dust, plus the multiple moves up and down the stairs that could damage the installations and walls if there are accidental knocks. I don't know how much your rental costs tho, and whether the cost outweighs any cons that I've listed.

We are exploring not installing a gate for our access area at our main entrance. Thinking of fencing it instead, either using rod iron or wooden railing. This will definitely open up our entrance! But then, the shoe rack have to put on lock.

I can't find any nice fencing idea from the net yet, so still exploring.

I'm in the 'genkan' phase after seeing it in another RT-er's reno. Why not just have the front door where the fence is located (is that allowed?) and make the entrance way a 'genkan'? Locking up shoes seems like such a hassle that I'll rather not have to go thru that. But then again, I'm more of the practical sort. Some RT-ers forego the traditional metal gate for a wooden door with electronic lock.

Try to finalize the design soon. Last minute changes will probably result in more delays. Jia you!