Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Pass the headache to ur contractor..... Since he was the one who took away ur parquet. Get him to think of the solution :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

PD door vs Besglas Door

Our common toilet is very small, so it will be really wet after shower or doing laundry. The entrance to it is right beside the kitchen window, and a laminated door with a wooden frame just doesn't make sense, just waiting for it to rot! The inital design of the laminated door was to flush with our wall design. But decided to be practical and go for aluminium door instead. Having compared both, we decided to go for besglas. We find that besglas has a better quality and is firmer when handling. It has a nicer design in my opinion, at least when it closed, both panels are flat. I was quite surpise that te door opens seamlessly, unlike those usual noisy bi-fold door, and we prefer the simple mechanism, pull/push open. We went to PD door showroom, some of them are quite run down and giving problem closing it already. I can imagine how our door will looks like after a few years, we also don't like their design. Both panels are not in line when closed. So PD door not suitable for our toilet door, but i think it is great for the bigger panel like at the balcony or use as divider.

Besglas

5bb99005.jpg

PD

5e0cc50d.jpg

Bathroom very crowded. Total there are 5 workers working on differeng areas!! :jawdrop:

And time to say goodbye to the pipes! Be nice and stay dry!

7d686189.jpg

Edited by jshome

Pictures show your reno is progressing well. :good:

Don't worry too much about the staircase...... Getting a new one may be a blessing in disguise.

For me, I had wanted to keep the original parquet staircase too but my wife was against it. She wanted everything brand new.

I didn't regret that decision since.:sport-smiley-018:

:yamseng:

Went down to blum showroom, showed them my kitchen plan and requested for their quotation. Wanted to know what would be the total damages. They really have a good customer service, i was initially confused with their difference type of systems, but the showroom man is really patient and explained every single mechanism to me. Even their hinges are solid and all comes with lifetime warranty. I am really impressed! If anyone of you have time, you should pay a visit to their showroom. I think they are having promotion for their accessories, didnt really check it out but if I'm not wrong, its like $280 for box of different types of holder, such as utensils, spices, knife etc etc.

Now I just hope the quotation fits my budget!!

I will need to find a good qualified carpentar to do it. Anyone can recommend a really good workmanship carpentar???

I got these info from the blum App Store...

234d4417.jpg

14f7ae27.jpg

80aa066d.jpg

Pictures show your reno is progressing well. :good:

Don't worry too much about the staircase...... Getting a new one may be a blessing in disguise.

For me, I had wanted to keep the original parquet staircase too but my wife was against it. She wanted everything brand new.

I didn't regret that decision since.:sport-smiley-018:

:yamseng:

Thanks Potatoes for cheering me up! Feel better although still bleeding.

JS,

Perhaps you can use the Evorich flooring for your stairscase too since you are also doing it for your lower floor.

Reno process looking good ;)

Edited by rae13

I pm you the person i sold my old aircon, he might be interested. Call him and asked him.

Hi jshome, can you also pm me the contact of the person you sold your old aircon to? Thanks.

Don't you have an ID or main con? How come you need to source doors and carpenter yourself? Isnt this their job? Just curious. Does it save more $?

Because we want to be assured of the quality.

JS,

Perhaps you can use the Evorich flooring for your stairscase too since you are also doing it for your lower floor.

Reno process looking good ;)

I don't think it will look nice because of the edging. Parquet still looks better and can match the existing parquet in the 2nd level.

Only bathroom progressing well. We are still pending HDB approval for the hacking of main entrance and study wall. :bangwall: