Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

i think is ely1-----The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

but i think she no longer active in renotalk

yahh adidaem told me its ely1 later on in one of the pages. that one also quite loaded with $$$.

how would you know who she is if you never met us before. well, have a house warming and invite all of us. then we can show you our real face. hahaha....

no la, could be one of the reno-ers in those house gatherings by mae. house warming over already. now is nua-ing period. zz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh please , do write her one on that vintage typewriter of yours , that would be so romantic ! :D

''There is a comfort in the strength of love;

'Twill make a thing endurable, which else

Would overset the brain, or break the heart:''

William Wordsworth

very enduring quote... i like...

but....

can stop posting this already? =) once she read it at night she might ask for it!!!!

no la, could be one of the reno-ers in those house gatherings by mae. house warming over already. now is nua-ing period. zz

you went to mae house gatherings? hhmmm.... i didn't make it to her place the last time she invited me (last year april).

chey!!! house warming over for your other friends... but for friends here on RT, you still can have one.

I read until blur lei....

So twinkie=ely1, if yes, can u re upload yr house pics becos i cant view them anymore...

XTR has been so nice to share his reno journey, resources, reno tips, house pic.... So let XTR have his privacy...i dun need to meet u but pls cont to update yr house pic, yeah :)

So twinkie=ely1, if yes, can u re upload yr house pics becos i cant view them anymore...

XTR has been so nice to share his reno journey, resources, reno tips, house pic.... So let XTR have his privacy...i dun need to meet u but pls cont to update yr house pic, yeah :)

no lah, twinkie is not ely1 lah. ely1 already married and that is why no longer in RT.

you went to mae house gatherings? hhmmm.... i didn't make it to her place the last time she invited me (last year april).

chey!!! house warming over for your other friends... but for friends here on RT, you still can have one.

*we shy*

i dun need to meet u but pls cont to update yr house pic, yeah :)

no no, they are different ppl. ok ok , upload more now ok? already finishing all the pics...upload all one shot then nothing to show liao. i want to upload slowly so that i can just sit down and appreciate our effort. **** hectic but really learnt a lot.

a recent house warming gift from a friend. Miss K, thx! really like it a lot. :thumbs up:

TINTIN poster

IMG_2260.jpg

some stay in pics while in living room.

grey carpet arrived.

needed this kind of more luxurious carpet to counter the overly-industrial cement slabbed coffee table. although we want this theme and that theme,

ultimately the weightage has to be more of homely than industrial.

credit all to my wife. she was the one who controlled my need to be gung-ho.

IMG_2356.jpg

warm greetings from friends and relatives on chalkboard wall.

matched with agnès b teapot + teacup set. goes with ikea candle set.

IMG_2344.jpg

some stay in pics while in living room.

grey carpet arrived.

needed this kind of more luxurious carpet to counter the overly-industrial cement slabbed coffee table. although we want this theme and that theme,

ultimately the weightage has to be more of homely than industrial.

credit all to my wife. she was the one who controlled my need to be gung-ho.

IMG_2356.jpg

warm greetings from friends and relatives on chalkboard wall.

matched with agnès b teapot + teacup set. goes with ikea candle set.

IMG_2344.jpg

Hey, that's Luke 10:5 "When you enter a house,first say " Peace to this house" on your chalkboard :D

Nice! :P

Nice example of Lexus and Toyota. Now I get what you all mean. No wonder sometimes I see 2 pictures, both I also like, but maybe both are of different themes, just that it gives the luxury feel. So it's the use of the furnitures and stuffs. I guess lightings play a very big part in creating the luxurious feel too.

I consider the floor, wall, lights, switches/wirings/cables/ducting and other structural stuff as the 'canvas'. Sort of like how if you use nice marble as flooring, you get the 'lux' feel. So yeah, lightings as well. Done well, you may not even pay much attention to the ceiling lights, but ugly lights really stand out. Ditto windows, doors, etc. It all translates into a sense of 'space'? Also dunno how to describe. I guess that's why hotels and offices spend loads of money hiring interior designs for their swish designs.

I think exposed truckings and pipes don't suit the 'lux' look too, which makes it harder for us HDB dwellers. But ultimately it's how it's all put together. E.g. concrete can look luxurious too. The walls, floors, and ceilings are made of concrete in this apartment. Looks lux doesn't it?

Read more at Design Milk: http://design-milk.com/loft-renovation-by-lakonis-architekten/#ixzz1uU47MBsX

Lakonis-6.jpg

Waa... how much is the damage for that sofa? I like... :dribble:

Dunno wor, only launch in Oct'12. Am guessing 'luxury car' price. :rolleyes:

Hey, that's Luke 10:5 "When you enter a house,first say " Peace to this house" on your chalkboard :D

Nice! :P

confirm naise!

I think exposed truckings and pipes don't suit the 'lux' look too, which makes it harder for us HDB dwellers. But ultimately it's how it's all put together. E.g. concrete can look luxurious too. The walls, floors, and ceilings are made of concrete in this apartment. Looks lux doesn't it?

design milk, design sponge. are great places to go and read.

Lakonis-5.jpg

all naise!

also to add on to what adidaem mentioned about pipings.... one wrong item in the home can destroy your theme.

k lets imagine you are into modern baroque theme.

tumblr_lpql7od8eG1qbrjyoo1_400.jpg

just some examples of items that will kill your theme :

1. mama lemon

A10380_e.jpg

2. blue washing pail

2008443.51_p.jpg

3. plastic bag

Vday3.jpg

4. and the list goes on..and on ...and on...

I absolutely agree! Always see some nicely designed house, after move-in, there are different brands of body shampoo, bottles, all on the shower rack. :sport-smiley-004:

Suggestion - find nice bottles to fill up your toiletries

Edited by ValerieLow

I absolutely agree! Always see some nicely designed house, after move-in, there are different brands of body shampoo, bottles, all on the shower rack. :sport-smiley-004:

Suggestion - find nice bottles to fill up your toiletries

hahah how true! takes a lot of discipline to keep the nicely designed house pretty! not sure if i've tt kind of discipline. :unsure: