Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klacs

Flooring: Cement Screed - Howto, Tips, Pros & Cons

:: Cement Screed Flooring ::

Dear RenoTalkers,

I have heard a lot on this kind of flooring, help me to regroup the information under this topic.

Contractor or Home owner, kindly share your experience with Cement Screed Flooring!

• HowTo apply it? Advice on installation?
  • Things to check with your contractor before...
  • Cracks, characteristic of this flooring, what have you done about it?
  • Waterproofing a cement screed floor
  • Tips on type of cement to use, mixture, sand origin makes a difference?
  • Pros & Cons
  • Flooring Finishing?
  • But also if you have had a cement screed floor for a long time, please share your experience on how it ages and its maintenance.

Other topics on Cement Screed Flooring found on RenoTalk.com :

Edited by klacs

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can see my other comments in the links you provided.

If you want to see a real life one, i can arrange you to view my current place; it is easier to explain by looking at mine.

Drop me a PM with your contact and a picture of yourself, cos i dont wish to entertain ID or other contractor.

Hi, I am searching for contractors who can do this cement screed. Any recommendation ? Can I have a look at yours if possible. Thanks

Just to share an experience.

I went with an ID(Design Practice/Polaris) that had a portfolio of screed floors only to get it done badly. Just read the Nov 2012 issue of Home and Decor and they say it costs $2psf (mine cost more than twice that amount!) The article continues by saying that since it stains easily they actually lay plywood protection. My ID just loosely covered it with a layer of plastic and a layer of cardboard which of course tore holes though the renovation process and left many stains. Worse there were footprints and other stains and imprints left after the renovation. It was my dream to have beautiful screed flooring. Turned out to be a nightmare!