Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

i would think that within the next 2-3 years, no more other type of broadband except fiber.

Ya, but I'm not sure if SCV box is still useful or not. If let's say we are not subscribing to Mio Home or Starhub cable vision, we still need to plug in SCV box to watch Channel 5, 8, U Channel etc right? I think SCV box is still required to plug in to watch normal local channels. I don't think TV can plug in Opennet to watch local channels. It is more for internet services and Mio Home/Starhub.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks GOD that you ask about this. I know how to remind people to have telephone point, but I forgot to notice that stupid ah neh never put telephone point near my TV console area. I am going to deduct his salary! :curse:

Thanks GOD that you ask about this. I know how to remind people to have telephone point, but I forgot to notice that stupid ah neh never put telephone point near my TV console area. I am going to deduct his salary! :curse:

oohhh...i better check mine. dont know where it is.

Hahaha

Yea I think scv n telephone line all I put near openet

That will be all infront or beside tv console

Btw I got see somewhere thred mention about install simi cat5 wiring or LAN wiring..

U all install is in the package or need separate pay?

Hahaha

Yea I think scv n telephone line all I put near openet

That will be all infront or beside tv console

i don't have tel line... i ask my electrician not to put.

Just when I realised the telephone line is missing, I called Hubby immediately as he is on leave today, supervising the bangalah. Our electrician says the Singtel fiber modem don't need telephone line, and if we want to have telephone in future, we will just plug the digital phone into the modem to make phone call. Sounds like using Skype phone? :dunno: This Saturday Singtel is coming to the house to install the fiber modem, let's see what they say. If my modem cannot work, I will kick the electrician out of the house, not pay him for his labor fees.

BAD NEWS

Today I received Bishan branch HDB officer phone call. Someone complained that we are too noisy due to renovation work. The HDB officer asked me if our renovation work is done, and if we are doing DIY things that require drilling. I said yes. Then he asked me if we are doing electrical work, I said yes yes. He told me our neighbour complained us for being too noisy, and the son is sick, so cannot bear the noise. I told him we will complete the electrical work by today, no more drilling. We know who is the culprit who complains us. It's the upstairs neighbour, a floor above us. Last Friday, she came to our house and complained the workers for being too noisy, and asked to stop work. That was around 3-4PM that time. Luckily the HDB officer is very nice, never give me the stern voice to demand us to stop the work.

Edited by ayazumi

Just when I realised the telephone line is missing, I called Hubby immediately as he is on leave today, supervising the bangalah. Our electrician says the Singtel fiber modem don't need telephone line, and if we want to have telephone in future, we will just plug the digital phone into the modem to make phone call. Sounds like using Skype phone? :dunno: This Saturday Singtel is coming to the house to install the fiber modem, let's see what they say. If my modem cannot work, I will kick the electrician out of the house, not pay him for his labor fees.

BAD NEWS

Today I received Bishan branch HDB officer phone call. Someone complained that we are too noisy due to renovation work. The HDB officer asked me if our renovation work is done, and if we are doing DIY things that require drilling. I said yes. Then he asked me if we are doing electrical work, I said yes yes. He told me our neighbour complained us for being too noisy, and the son is sick, so cannot bear the noise. I told him we will complete the electrical work by today, no more drilling. We know who is the culprit who complains us. It's the upstairs neighbour, a floor above us. Last Friday, she came to our house and complained the workers for being too noisy, and asked to stop work. That was around 3-4PM that time. Luckily the HDB officer is very nice, never give me the stern voice to demand us to stop the work.

you never point the HDB officer to refer to the reno permit in the front of your house meh?

you never point the HDB officer to refer to the reno permit in the front of your house meh?

It always happen in reno case for neighbours to complain but too bad the contractors have permit....have to give and take

Some neighbours don't understand. They just want to complain, whether have or no permit. Especially in old estates where old people stay home whole day, don't go out. If they work or go out, then the noise won't affect them. Our house is surrounded by families with grandchildren. I think the HDB officer just want to call and check with me if everything is okay. I should get some goodies for the neighbours, hopefully they stop complaining us.

modem cannot work is not electrician fault leh..... it would be opennet fault mah since you are using fiber optic internet.

i already signed singtel fiber and the phone is using fiber loh... hehehe...

May is right. Having SCV box can be redundant and also can be a backup. It depends which service provider you choose. I can sign-up with Singtel now, but in near future, I may want to switch to Starhub, then I don't need to worry if I have SCV box or not because I have already installed SCV box. One thing to take note, remember to ask your electrician to install telephone line beside the modem (where you want to put) so that you need not worry no telephone line for Singtel. My parents' house can only subscribe to Starhub because we want to place the modem on the TV console, but there is no telephone line near the TV console. This restricts us from subscribing to Singtel internet due to lack of telephone point.

We are subscribing to fiber internet, so SCV box becomes redundant, but maybe next time we don't like fiber, we want broadband cable, we have SCV box standby already

Yup to have all is more safe, coz our telco loves to play pricing game with us. I'm have been switching between telcos once my plan expired for better package. I would say the local telcos dun really have much CRM, they dun know how to retain old customers.

My eletrician ah soon is pretty good, all these details he has reminded me. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by IPineapple

Yup to have all is more safe, coz our telco loves to play pricing game with us. I'm have been switching between telcos once my plan expired for better package. I would say the local telcos dun really have much CRM, they dun know how to retain old customers.

My eletrician ah soon is pretty good, all these details he has reminded me. :sport-smiley-004:

is your electrician, Ah Soon, same as mine? i gave you the number?

finally get to see the pendant lamp, is nice wow....thanks for sharing

will try to DIY when i got my keys to my new house, heehee

Hi Bincho, thanks for the compliment. It is easy to DIY. You should try and make one yourself.

modem cannot work is not electrician fault leh..... it would be opennet fault mah since you are using fiber optic internet.

i already signed singtel fiber and the phone is using fiber loh... hehehe...

First time using fiber broadband, not very sure how it works. Don't know if fiber modem can work without phone line or not. But if the fiber modem can work without a phone line, then I don't need a phone line. I want to sack the electrician not because of the phone line, is because of many other issues. My father just visited our house and asked why the meter box is wrapped with red tape. He is going to tell the bangalah to pay for a new replacement meter box. We suspect he broke the meter box cover. Haiz...