Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

If u pay the cost of another pot of paint? Can ask ur contractor to help u repaint base on goodwill? The pipe color too obvious the attention will be drawn to it rather than the tiles.

Later I will go and buy a tin of white paint. Don't want to risk buying other colors and end up like sai color again. Not sure if they will do on goodwill for us or not. Otherwise, Hubby will DIY next week before we move in

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yeah I also think the cost of repaint will be worth while., if not , everyday u see not happy., also spoil the mood

Ya. Didn't expect to turn out dirty color like this. Looks exactly like waste color. zzzzz....

Later I will go and buy a tin of white paint. Don't want to risk buying other colors and end up like sai color again. Not sure if they will do on goodwill for us or not. Otherwise, Hubby will DIY next week before we move in

white or near white lah... cream also ok... mine is cream white kind of colour. goes well with the tiles so not so obvious.

Yes, we got conned by the catalogue. But this difference is definitely too much. Now the waste pipe looks like gold bar = sai (in hokkien)

it is the baby one.....

There should be a base plate to collect water, not too sure, I check it out tomorrow. The dish rack is in the house, so tomorrow we should be able to see how the dish rack looks like. I would prefer to have a base tray than to let the water dripping everywhere, and I have to start cleaning the surface or the floor (maybe). We plan for futniture delivery which is on 28 April Saturday when the renovation completes, so almost all the furniture will be delivering on that day. I foresee many delivery men will be squeezing in our small flat on that day :unsure:

One more week Finnish Liao,congrat

I still have 3more week

white or near white lah... cream also ok... mine is cream white kind of colour. goes well with the tiles so not so obvious.

The catalogue book doesn't look trustworthy anymore. When I see the Nippon catalogue, the off white looks yellowish cream color. I'm not sure if I want to risk getting those off-white shade colors or not, later come out again another sai color. To play on safer side, stick to pure glossy white? :dunno:

it is the baby one.....

Looks like adult one too.

One more week Finnish Liao,congrat

I still have 3more week

Yes, another one more week, or less than one more week. We need to stop all renovation work by mid-week, and start our spring cleaning session. Furnitures are coming in on 28 April. If I don't clean the house by next Thursday and Friday, I won't have sufficient time to allow the furnitures to come in on Saturday. These delivery people don't delivery goods on Sundays, otherwise can push one day later.

DAY THIRTY-SEVEN

Today, I took half day AM leave to see the renovation progress, especially I know my electrician is there in the morning, I need to be there! Yesterday, confusion occurred, as there were many "unknown" electrical wires lying around the kitchen cabinet (near the L-end area). Everyone was confused and started playing guessing games. Everyone was guessing which wires were for oven, which one for double gang socket, which one for hood, etc etc. The most irritating part is, the electrician was not available to drop by yesterday to confirm the situation. And guess what?! After this morning's clarifications with the electrician and carpenter, in the end we got to ask the carpenter to shift the electrical wires to the right side. I asked if need to drill a hole to push the wires to the right side, they told me don't need. Then I asked how, they said leave it to them, they will shift the wires without drilling holes in the cabinet. I guess they will be taking out the cabinets, and shift the wires to the right, then push the cabinet in again. For now, I would say the carpenters are very professional with no attitudes. Unlike my electrician, gives me lots of attitudes, like "kiam" him money :furious:

Another issue aroused my temper.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Placing the DB box above our main door! :furious: My eyes cannot leave his sight. When I turned my back and see... :jawdrop: When I asked to shift the DB box down and place behind the door, TOO LATE! The main power supply cables were cut and terminated in the DB box. :o Now want to shift down also cannot. I'm there, yet don't want to ask my opinion. Really........ (di di da di too)

At least he did something to make me happy. He got the switch that I want. Mai siao siao... ah neh got email address okay. I sent him email attach picture of the switch, so he got exactly the same ones for me.

16.jpg

From picture cannot see clearly. It is MK switches. The feel is much better than Legrand. I like switch with "tiak tiak" sound. At least I know I got push the switch properly when on/off. I don't like those soft feel switches. Feel so insecure.

Edited by ayazumi

I took my first step (bare foot) into the common toilet. I want to make sure if I really hate the sai color. Actually, the color don't really look that bad. If there is no sunlight, the color looks brown (a bit like sai color). When the sunlight shines from the kitchen window into the common toilet, the pipe color turns yellow. That explains why it is called Honey Glow (color code: Nippon Honey Glow 9038). With sunlight, it glows like honey color. Without sunlight, it becomes brown.

17.jpg

But for the MBR, the wall tiles are beige color, so actually the brown pipe looks much better in MBR toilet. And also, MBR toilet has less sunlight than common toilet, so this color suits the MBR. That's why maybe we will paint white pipe for the common toilet, and leave this color in MBR toilet, or paint white color for the MBR toilet pipe. See how first lah... See whether I can get used to it or not.

18.jpg

Regarding about the question of goodwill: No goodwill for repainting even if we buy our own paint.

Edited by ayazumi

The pipe colour in the common toilet is too contrast. But MBR one is still acceptable. Since they don't want to repaint for you out of goodwill then maybe next year before CNY you all can DIY the painting again. I think white/cream is the safest colour.

Choose paint is such a headache, since we don't know how it will turn out to be.

The pipe colour in the common toilet is too contrast. But MBR one is still acceptable. Since they don't want to repaint for you out of goodwill then maybe next year before CNY you all can DIY the painting again. I think white/cream is the safest colour.

Choose paint is such a headache, since we don't know how it will turn out to be.

I suggest don't look at Nippon catalogue. When I compare the same color code with Dulux and Nippon, Dulux color is in different color tone, which I think is much more accurate than Nippon. Like the ones I chose for the bedrooms, Dulux color is duller and greener, and Nippon ones are brighter and in brown tone, in the end, I got a duller and green tone, which is much similiar to Dulux's. I would suggest, choose from Dulux catalogue is safer.

Regarding about the question of goodwill: Sorry, there is no goodwill for repainting even if we buy our own paint.

no goodwill at all? aiyoh.... then you might as well ask them to repaint both. I don't really like it leh... can see it too obvious once you step into the toilet.

no goodwill at all? aiyoh.... then you might as well ask them to repaint both. I don't really like it leh... can see it too obvious once you step into the toilet.

Never mind lah. We do it ourselves loh. If there is balance white paint left, we use the white paint to paint the pipes. If no more white paint, then we go and buy a small tin of white paint from our neighbourhood paint stores and paint it this weekend. Hubby said he DIY paint the pipes this weekend.

Never mind lah. We do it ourselves loh. If there is balance white paint left, we use the white paint to paint the pipes. If no more white paint, then we go and buy a small tin of white paint from our neighbourhood paint stores and paint it this weekend. Hubby said he DIY paint the pipes this weekend.

ya loh, diy loh... cannot depends on yr contractor liao

ya loh, diy loh... cannot depends on yr contractor liao

DIY is fun. At least we gain some achievement and satisfaction from our hard work :thumbs up: Contractor also working very hard; he is at my house now, supervising the ah neh's work while I am back in office. He helped to check and rectify ah neh's work, while calling me a couple of times just now to update me the status. Really cannot have a peace of mind to leave the ah neh to work alone, things will go haywire without our supervision. Luckily contractor is there to spend his time looking at the ah neh, otherwise I don't know will burst how many of my blood vessels when I visit the house after work. :curse: