Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DAY THIRTY-THREE

Today, we have the tilers doing rectification work to replace the hollow tiles in the living room and bedrooms. They will not do the kitchen first as we have not checked the kitchen floor tiles and there are too many bulky items on the floor to be moved around. Until the oven, hood and hob are installed, then we can check. The kitchen cabinet is coming this Thursday. Chemical wash on this Wednesday.

The room doors have arrived and are installed today. The painter will paint the doors tomorrow.

IMG-20120416-WA0000.jpg

That is all for today's update.

Edited by ayazumi

I :wub: your white doors! They totally match the brown wall. Are you going to repaint the door? To what colour?

Hi Valerie. The picture is not very clear. Hubby's photography skill is very doubtful. I can take better photos than him. Initially I thought the doors are white, but actually the doors are raw, in beige wood. We are painting the doors in white. We also like white doors and white totally match the chocolate feature wall. Trying to match 99% of the ideal design. heee... However, there is one thing we are not very pleased is that the chocolate wall is not painted evenly. We can see the brush lines/white lines on the chocolate wall. Waiting for the painter to touch up the chocolate wall.

Hi Valerie. The picture is not very clear. Hubby's photography skill is very doubtful. I can take better photos than him. Initially I thought the doors are white, but actually the doors are raw, in beige wood. We are painting the doors in white. We also like white doors and white totally match the chocolate feature wall. Trying to match 99% of the ideal design. heee... However, there is one thing we are not very pleased is that the chocolate wall is not painted evenly. We can see the brush lines/white lines on the chocolate wall. Waiting for the painter to touch up the chocolate wall.

Darker coloured walls are not easy to paint. Easy to see unevenness and brush lines. Maybe have to do abt 5-6 coats..... So have to see painter have the patience or not to keep on repainting it till prefect.

Darker coloured walls are not easy to paint. Easy to see unevenness and brush lines. Maybe have to do abt 5-6 coats..... So have to see painter have the patience or not to keep on repainting it till prefect.

totally agree... white color they paint once or twice settle liao... only the darker parts they keep applying more coat.. but still uneven.. :(

totally agree... white color they paint once or twice settle liao... only the darker parts they keep applying more coat.. but still uneven.. :(

is that why? but mine is the beige wall that has uneven coat. and when asked the rectify, the painter did patch painting.

The other day i tried to put up a portrait with hook (double sided tape) and it dropped...together with the paint. now 1 patch. wasted. :(

Agree with you on this. Dark tone colors require many coats so that the paint will be even out. Probably they painters have missed out this wall. I would say the painters are diligent and patience. I have three other bedrooms which require dark tone colors, and I got to witness how they paint the walls because I was at the house of that past three days when the painters were around. They painted at least four coats for the dark tone colors - I saw them apply two coats, Hubby saw them apply another two coats. We will highlight the living room wall to them when they come for touch-up.

is that why? but mine is the beige wall that has uneven coat. and when asked the rectify, the painter did patch painting.

The other day i tried to put up a portrait with hook (double sided tape) and it dropped...together with the paint. now 1 patch. wasted. :(

You used 3M hook?

Cos you change colour that's why 9 coats.

heehee....byt seriously, even the dark tone (no change of color) has like 6 coats, and the painter has to add some base grey to the original paint to make it "darker".

How to make the chocolate wall color look rich (like shiny)? Our chocolate wall looks a bit flat and dull. I wonder how to achieve the shiny look for that feature wall.

To recap:

1.png

I want the richness look on that chocolate wall.

Edited by ayazumi