Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Hi Aki & Aya,

I finally confirmed DeFong as my ID Hope my choice is correct man... Now i'm simply at a lost cos i need to find Aircon, Windows & Grilles, and Electrical contractor by myself. Can you share with me your Aircon contractor? Yr blinds and curtains contacts also? Think i'll also go Hoe Kee for my kitchen accessories. Up till now i still cannot find an electrician. Very stressed out cos i just changed job and super busy with work. Cannot take leave somemore within these 3 months - cos just started in new job. But i'm so glad that you've set up a super informative and interesting blog. I'm following your blog very closely. hehe... thanks & good work! so happy to see that yr reno is completing soon.

congratz elise23 :) try not to stress yourself too much and enjoy the renovation progress. i'm sure many of the RT bloggers will give you very good advice if you need any help. cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if there are many kids, you would rather they be living below your unit than above yours.....heehee....

i also close my dining windows between 4-8pm, in case the curry/belachan smells comes into my living/dining area.

totally agree... bcoz my parent's place have 2 young boy living above their apartment.. and it was like a war zone every afternoon.. :furious:

Hi Aki & Aya,

I finally confirmed DeFong as my ID Hope my choice is correct man... Now i'm simply at a lost cos i need to find Aircon, Windows & Grilles, and Electrical contractor by myself. Can you share with me your Aircon contractor? Yr blinds and curtains contacts also? Think i'll also go Hoe Kee for my kitchen accessories. Up till now i still cannot find an electrician. Very stressed out cos i just changed job and super busy with work. Cannot take leave somemore within these 3 months - cos just started in new job. But i'm so glad that you've set up a super informative and interesting blog. I'm following your blog very closely. hehe... thanks & good work! so happy to see that yr reno is completing soon.

Hi Elise, thank you for following our blog. I have dropped you a PM. Hope it helps you! :yamseng:

My father bought this for us:

IMG-20120414-WA0001.jpg

This metal stick is used to check on hollow tiles. Professional tilers use this stick to check on hollow tiles. You can buy this in any hardware shop. It acts exactly like the coin concept.

Edited by ayazumi

DAY THIRTY-ONE

This morning I went to the house to receive my lights. Supposed to install lights today, but the painting work is not completed yet. Next week then we can see some lights.

I didn't take pictures of the lights because they are in their bits and pieces. Delivery uncle also very nice, he opened every single box of light, and let me take my time to check one by one if got broken glasses or scratches. And guess what, I found extra two light tubes in the light box. Uncle gave them FOC to me. So lucky! :dancingqueen: I realised they gave me the wrong color for the living room lights. We ordered yellowish glass cover, but they delivered white glass cover. But it's okay, I think the white glass cover looks nice too for the living room as the ceiling is pure white, the lights can match well with the ceiling. Don't want to trouble the nice uncle to send back and re-deliver again. One thing I would say, they are very punctual in their delivery timing. I asked for 10:30AM, the uncle really came at 10:30AM. Hopefully the lights are working after installation. Service good, products must also be good quality to complete customers' satisfication too, right? Once the lights are up, I will take photos and show you guys again.

Hubby went to the house to check the tiles, and this greeted him with surprise! From picture it looks like silver gate. I am not there so I can't see clearly if it is total silver. We have chosen gold plus silver

IMG-20120414-WA0004.jpg

The toilets' bi-fold doors are up!

IMG-20120414-WA0006.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Close-up look of the gate color

A touch of gold and main body silver color.

IMG-20120414-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20120414-WA0009.jpg

So nice of Kevin to do this FOC for us. I got feeling today 4D winning number will be our unit number

IMG-20120414-WA0008.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Close-up look of the gate color

So nice of Kevin to do this FOC for us. I got feeling today 4D winning number will be our unit number

IMG-20120414-WA0008.jpg

hopefully open... XD

Sharing some thoughts

Achieve almost 90% similarity

1.png

Maybe can use warm light to achieve the richness of the chocolate color.

Edited by ayazumi

Hi Aya,

Really thanks so much for yr detailed PM! I quite stupid, dunno how to reply to u via PM. Haha...☺ my ID fm DeFong is William. He seems a very comfortable guy to talk to (he resembles my uncle alot). Haha... I doing alot of carpentry works. No false ceiling / L- Box etc, but hacking & repositioning of 3 doors openings (Kitchen door & 2 toilet doors) etc. TV consoles in both living & master bedroom. Plastering of the whole house. The design of my toilet door opening forbids me to install shower screen. So I'm repositioning the door openings lor. But the updates u posted today looks nice! Think my confidence for DeFong is up again. :)

Hi Aya,

Really thanks so much for yr detailed PM! I quite stupid, dunno how to reply to u via PM. Haha...☺ my ID fm DeFong is William. He seems a very comfortable guy to talk to (he resembles my uncle alot). Haha... I doing alot of carpentry works. No false ceiling / L- Box etc, but hacking & repositioning of 3 doors openings (Kitchen door & 2 toilet doors) etc. TV consoles in both living & master bedroom. Plastering of the whole house. The design of my toilet door opening forbids me to install shower screen. So I'm repositioning the door openings lor. But the updates u posted today looks nice! Think my confidence for DeFong is up again. :)

Hi Elise,

I hope I did not overwhelm you with information. Haha... Since you are not doing false ceiling or L-box, then rest assure that electrical works will not be that expensive if you ask William to quote you. As mentioned, why electrical work cost is so expensive is because some homeowners are doing false ceiling or L-box, so their ID/contractor quote them by per lighting point. If you are not doing false ceiling or L-box, you are paying for only two lighting point in living room, 1 lighting point for each rooms and toilets, and two lighting points for kitchen. Another major damage for electrical work is SCV point. If you intend to put SCV point in every room, it can easily cost you a $500. It is not necessary for you to do Cat6 internet cable as Singtel or Starhub broadband or fiber modem gives you wireless connection. As long your laptop or desktop comes with wifi, then you can connect using wireless connection. This saves you some cost too.

Don't worry, I'm sure William will do a good job for your home renovation :thumbs up: Do share with us your renovation, okay?

Hi Elise, thank you for following our blog. I have dropped you a PM. Hope it helps you! :yamseng:

dun mind pm me your aircon man,where his shop,etc

intened to get,pm aron no repsone..

thanks

Sharing some thoughts

Achieve almost 90% similarity

1.png

Maybe can use warm light to achieve the richness of the chocolate color.

Put a mirror between the two common rooms and a warm light at the corridor you, it will be closer to that look! :thumbs up:

Put a mirror between the two common rooms and a warm light at the corridor you, it will be closer to that look! :thumbs up:

Hi Valerie. That is a great idea. Mirror can give the effect of long corridor. Why I didn't think of that? Thanks for that idea.

I am waiting for XTR's reply on the mirror maker. Hopefully can get a supplier who sells cheap mirror.