Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

getzski: I like your idea. If you don't mind we dirty your kitchen. We bring our Happycall to your house

no problem. i lent you kitchen, i get to eat for free. good deal.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

no problem. i lent you kitchen, i get to eat for free. good deal.

hahaahah.... you prepare the ingredients lah.. .then i go and cook.

hahaahah.... you prepare the ingredients lah.. .then i go and cook.

i can buy ingredients. i don't know what you mean by prepare leh....lol.

die la...i bought a garlic chopper from ebay. still not received it after a month.

die la...i bought a garlic chopper from ebay. still not received it after a month.

prepare means cut the meat, cut the vege... then i go and just need to cook. hahahaah...

LOL u buy from HongKong Vendor issit? last time i bought a USB Gig from a seller from hongkong.. took 1 month to arrive also.. they send the item by shipping.. very very long.. somemore must clear custom.. i wait until i forgotten i bought the thing lor..

LOL u buy from HongKong Vendor issit? last time i bought a USB Gig from a seller from hongkong.. took 1 month to arrive also.. they send the item by shipping.. very very long.. somemore must clear custom.. i wait until i forgotten i bought the thing lor..

ya...i think so. cos it is free shipping....lol

my other stuff from china/hk using comes in EMS, or envelope. 2 weeks tops to arrive.

ok la....i wait patiently. the seller already scated, waiting to refund me my money.

END OF DAY SEVEN

Despite heavy rain, we reached home before sunset just to visit the house to see the renovation progress for today.

More sand was disposed in almost every room, except the Bedroom 2 (our future study room) & MBR. The "Porcelain" tiles were still outside the house. I didn't check the "Porcelain" tiles, but hubby said those were grey tiles. I remembered we have changed the toilet tiles to something light, not the dark grey tiles we previously chosen. Other than that, I don't know which part of the house is using grey tiles. After our dinner, we may go back the house and check the tiles again. Just to make sure they didn't deliver the wrong color.

View from front door. More sand is disposed in the living room

247-107.jpg

247-108.jpg

View into Kitchen. Debris is cleared.

247-109.jpg

We noticed water mark formed from the temporary water point. We see slow small water droplets dripping for the point. Have feedback to Kevin, he said no worry, they will do screed wall tomorrow and shift the point again. Actually, I am more worried about our pub bill at end month :deal:

247-110.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Debris in toilet is cleared

248-111.jpg

More sand in future art room

248-112.jpg

Debris not cleared in Bedroom 2 & MBR

248-113.jpg

248-114.jpg

More tiles are delivered today

248-115.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

I think we better get samples of tiles so that when the real tiles arrive, we can check against them, otherwise cannot remember so much details la.. haha

we did get small pieces of sample back during our first trip of tile choosing, but we went back to change our toilet tiles and forgotten to take the sample of the new toilet wall tiles back. :dunno:

Edited by Akitsuki

DAY EIGHT

Today is my turn to go back home to take a look. Before my lunch time, Kevin sent me pictures of the renovation progress, I thought it will be better not to go back today because they are doing screed wall, so won't have much updates for the next two days, and also since Kevin is there, no point go there to look at the workers screeding the walls. Then I received call from Kevin to confirm the tiles layout in toilets. Worried that phone can lead to miscommunication and the workers might be doing the wall tiles in toilets very soon, I rushed home to meet Kevin to clarify.

252-116.jpg

The worker who is screeding the toilet walls is very fast. When I arrived, the toilet wall is almost completed.

252-117.jpg

There is one issue. My kitchen is not very small, not very big, however, I feel the space is not fully utilised. The kitchen cabinet will be placed at the left side one row, no L-shape. I personally don't like L-shape concept because I want the dish rack to be above the sink. If I place my sink at the L-end, the disk rack has to be at the left hand side. I find this way is very inconvenient. Hubby don't like the hob to be placed at L-end either. If I don't do L-shape, my kitchen cabinet will be smaller. Hob and sink has to squeeze together. I don't like to cover the rubbish chute either! Don't like the idea to bend down and throw rubbish. So headache! We have only one night to think about it before they start to build the cabinet base tomorrow. Now starting to draw kitchen cabinets. Hope we come out something practical

Edited by ayazumi

DAY EIGHT

There is one issue. My kitchen is not very small, not very big, however, I feel the space is not fully utilised. The kitchen cabinet will be placed at the left side one row, no L-shape. I personally don't like L-shape concept because I want the dish rack to be above the sink. If I place my sink at the L-end, the disk rack has to be at the left hand side. I find this way is very inconvenient. Hubby don't like the hob to be placed at L-end either. If I don't do L-shape, my kitchen cabinet will be smaller. Hob and sink has to squeeze together. I don't like to cover the rubbish chute either! Don't like the idea to bend down and throw rubbish. So headache! We have only one night to think about it before they start to build the cabinet base tomorrow. Now starting to draw kitchen cabinets. Hope we come out something practical

Wouldnt they have fabricated the cabinets? You can still change? Have you seen mine? I find it ok leh.

Hi NeoBy. I guess they have not fabricated the cabinets yet, he has not given me the 3D design, and laminate not chosen yet. I asked for bigger piece laminates. The laminates in the catalogue book is too small, can't see the effect. And I haven't decide the cabinet layout, if not they would have done the kerb today liao. Now waiting for my answer by tomorrow morning, to decide how I want to place my cabinet. I saw your cabinet in your blog. Again, camera trick - From side angle, the cabinet looks small, but it may not be small from direct view in your kitchen. I proposed to do the L-end on the left side (which is beside the storeroom), instead of the L-end facing window, but contractor don't recommend putting the fridge beside the 2 pipes. Come to think of that, nobody wants to put fridge near rubbish chute too. :help:

Edited by ayazumi

i have a friend that have the exact same layout as you. He have it just 1 straight line on the left wall. its not that small... if you don't cook often, there is no need to have so much cabinet where you cannot fully utilised it. Its quite easy to think, the more the better.