Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Finally you bought the chairs! Hehe when will they arrive? Tell us whether it is sturdy.

Oh by the way, what is the dimension of your ikea dining table? Thinking whether to get one.

Hi Valerie, if nothing goes wrong, it should be arriving next week. The shipment takes about 5-7 working days.

Table dimensions

Length: 119 cm

Width: 74 cm

Height: 74 cm

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Bincho, thanks for the compliment. It is easy to DIY. You should try and make one yourself.

Ok, shall try. Have to think of where to install the light then :)

Will be getting my keys next week, hooray.....

Hi Bincho, thanks for the compliment. It is easy to DIY. You should try and make one yourself.

:thumbs up: Have you decide your contractor already?

:thumbs up: Have you decide your contractor already?

Not yet, but have a few in mind.

Will have to wait for hubby to come back from overseas first, but can still ask them for quotes first.

Meantime, already start to source for stuff liao...

Not yet, but have a few in mind.

Will have to wait for hubby to come back from overseas first, but can still ask them for quotes first.

Meantime, already start to source for stuff liao...

Good to start from receiving quotations first so that you have sufficient time to plan ahead. Do share with us your renovation progress if you have time.

Good to start from receiving quotations first so that you have sufficient time to plan ahead. Do share with us your renovation progress if you have time.

Thanks for the advise.

Will share soon, when i figure out how to post pic in here first, heehee

EVERYDAY IS SUNDAY SHOPPING

We have not share the items that we bought in IKEA last Sunday. Spent many hours looking around, and deciding which items to buy. There are a lot of other things we would like to purchase, but due to tight budget, we shall put on hold the items. We buy things that we require first, the rest shall be in our wishlist cart.

We bought a dining table from IKEA. The table looks a bit raw - Hubby is going to DIY paint this table

BjorkuddenDiningtable.png

with this white bench to match the dining table

Sigurdbenchwhite.png

and lastly, after some thoughts, we bought these two white chairs....

jellyachair-1.png

Where u bought the pencil legged chair from and how much?

Where u bought the pencil legged chair from and how much?

Hi Ong Lai, we bought the chair from Gmarket, at $68 per piece. Need to use Gmarket coupons to get additional discount. Original price is $79/pc.

Wanna buy the chair too but dunno whether isz sturdy? According to the article, the wood is meant for the sturdiness but still have to personal experience it....and also hv to install on our own....

aya, keep us posted on the chair when it arrived ;0)

Wanna buy the chair too but dunno whether isz sturdy? According to the article, the wood is meant for the sturdiness but still have to personal experience it....and also hv to install on our own....

aya, keep us posted on the chair when it arrived ;0)

Sure, will review the quality of the chairs when arrive. I think it's quite easy to fix the chair if they provide picture manual like IKEA does, then I think it's pretty easy to do.

DAY FORTY

24 April - the kitchen cabinet solid worktop is up! This photo is taken by our contractor; this is how the kitchen cabinet looks like during day time:

59.jpg

The tile back splash looks like black glass. The tiles is brown, but I like the effect that the tiles look like black glass.

This is how the kitchen cabinet looks like during night time.

60.jpg

61.jpg

Isn't the kitchen cabinet look prettier now? :wub: Waiting for the plumbers to come this Thursday (tomorrow) to fix the sink tap and the bathroom accessories. Today the tilers will be coming to rectify the remaining hollow tiles and skirting under the gypsum board.

Edited by ayazumi

JUST FOR LAUGH! :rofl:

Look at my crappy Chinese writing

62.jpg

63.jpg

Pardon me if I wrote the wrong chinese character. Been years since I write Chinese words. O M 天!

I wrote Chinese because we afraid the plumbers don't know where to fix the bathroom accessories. In the end, our contractor said he needs one of us to be at home and meet him. He will help us to do the marking in the toilets. So funny, I was struggling to write the Chinese characters, yet I told Hubby my Chinese is very good. :lol:

JUST FOR LAUGH II :rofl:

I wanted to stick a note on the floor to remind the workers to remove their shoes before they step in the house. We have already started to clean the house. Each time someone comes up to do something, end of the day we will sweep and dust the house. I would say our floor is 70% dust-free and object-free.

Just when I wanted to stick masking tape on the floor, Hubby passed me a cardboard to write the message. So coincidence, I saw this logo at the other side of the cardboard:

64.jpg

65.jpg

Hahahahahaa.... "No SHOES" logo was printed on the cardboard.

Hi Ong Lai, we bought the chair from Gmarket, at $68 per piece. Need to use Gmarket coupons to get additional discount. Original price is $79/pc.

haha...wow 79 is still cheaper than the shops selling here. :sport-smiley-003:

BTW its S$ not US$ hor? :unsure: