Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not sure about lacquer but my brother-in-law painted his whole 3 rm flat using gloss paint (yes, those for the doors) and alamak! Don't know whether it is psychological or not, his house very, very hot leh!

Spray can whole wall? I think the painters will cry.

The painters are going to throw paint tins at my face if I ask them to use spray cans.

The painters are going to throw paint tins at my face if I ask them to use spray cans.

according to the website, they did by mixing high gloss paint with water based aryclic resin.

i wonder if this resin is the same one they used when they painted the floor tiles. suppose to be really sturdy.

Let me know if you decide to ask them do that. I will go and witness how they can do that.

Not sure about lacquer but my brother-in-law painted his whole 3 rm flat using gloss paint (yes, those for the doors) and alamak! Don't know whether it is psychological or not, his house very, very hot leh!

Does it make the walls very sticky? I painted the old HDB gate using those kind of paint. It is very sticky and smelly.

You used 3M hook?

3M hook with normal double sided tape. heee....and the hook dropped together with the tap and the portrait.

How to make the chocolate wall color look rich (like shiny)? Our chocolate wall looks a bit flat and dull. I wonder how to achieve the shiny look for that feature wall.

To recap:

1.png

I want the richness look on that chocolate wall.

looks like different colour leh

according to the website, they did by mixing high gloss paint with water based aryclic resin.

i wonder if this resin is the same one they used when they painted the floor tiles. suppose to be really sturdy.

I think so too. Maybe it is the same type of paint that people used to apply on floor tiles, and they used it to paint on walls. We don't normally use glossy paint to paint the walls; lacquer paint is more popular in European countries. One disadvantage is that, if the person cannot accept unevenness of the wall surface, best is don't paint glossy paint. Glossy paint will make the flaw of uneven walls more obvious than before. It really takes a lot of time and effort to make smooth the wall to paint glossy paint. I foresee the charges for sanding the wall and applying lacquer paint will be very expensive.

Let me know if you decide to ask them do that. I will go and witness how they can do that.

:o I don't want to get beaten up by the painters.

Geeezzz... he got how many pets at home?

I was thinking if the silky paints will achieve that look or not, otherwise they won't term it as Silky series. And of course, add on downlights or spot lights will achieve optimum effect

that day we went, he got additional ones liao. many many pets. heeee

looks like different colour leh

:~ hubby's fault. Say don't want too dark tone, in the end got to choose a lighter brown. And also, got sunlight shining on the wall, the chocolate becomes lighter color than the design.