Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

heehee....byt seriously, even the dark tone (no change of color) has like 6 coats, and the painter has to add some base grey to the original paint to make it "darker".

Like I say, abt 5-6 coats for darker tones mah. So 6 is normal loh. You say 9 to mislead aya. Naughty!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

.... no wonder....

getzski: Change color need to pay additional right?

the first time i change, yes. i think i top up another 200 to re-paint to another color.

the painters screw up big time with that color, and they then help me repaint to a 3rd color for free.

How to make the chocolate wall color look rich (like shiny)? Our chocolate wall looks a bit flat and dull. I wonder how to achieve the shiny look for that feature wall.

To recap:

1.png

I want the richness look on that chocolate wall.

did you choose the matt color? dark colors are usually matt, not silky or shiny sheen.

9 coat is too exaggerating. If I tell the painters to paint 9 coats, they will throw the tins of paint at my face.

free coffee, lunches, and cigarettes helps!

9 coat is too exaggerating. If I tell the painters to paint 9 coats, they will throw the tins of paint at my face.

Ignore Getzski. He is just trying to make you coated in paint. Hehe....

For the richness in chocolate, you can try to melt some real chocolate and paint it on the wall. Real chocolate have oil so it will look shiny but the paint you use is matt type. Hehe.... Teasing lah.....

did you choose the matt color? dark colors are usually matt, not silky or shiny sheen.

We are using cheap paint - matex paint. Maybe that's why can't achieve the rich look. I wonder those Nippon Silk paint will achieve this richness look or not.

We are using cheap paint - matex paint. Maybe that's why can't achieve the rich look. I wonder those Nippon Silk paint will achieve this richness look or not.

there's no cheap or expensive paint...only branded or non-branded....lol.

the expensive ones are those with all the extra additives, like non-odor, added teflon....etc.

tell to your painters, and seek their opinion on how to get the textile you want. even if there is a top-up, it should be worth it.....you don't want to repaint after the furnishing is in the house.

Ignore Getzski. He is just trying to make you coated in paint. Hehe....

For the richness in chocolate, you can try to melt some real chocolate and paint it on the wall. Real chocolate have oil so it will look shiny but the paint you use is matt type. Hehe.... Teasing lah.....

getzski wants me to be the painters' common enemy. And you....8| Later my house becomes the breeding ground for ants.

getzski wants me to be the painters' common enemy. And you....8| Later my house becomes the breeding ground for ants.

good good....i can tell my pets to visit you.

p.s. neoby calls the ants my pets.

Remember the hansel and Gretel story? A house of chocolate and candies. Yummy!!! Hehe.....

Those expensive paint with silk should be better to have shininess.

good good....i can tell my pets to visit you.

p.s. neoby calls the ants my pets.

NeoBY call the small lizard yr pet. Not the ants lah....

Geeezzz... he got how many pets at home?

I was thinking if the silky paints will achieve that look or not, otherwise they won't term it as Silky series. And of course, add on downlights or spot lights will achieve optimum effect