Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Hi dotty and getzski. I shall answer the pricing first. Hoe Kee's standard discount for the Blanco + mixer combo is $555. They can deduct $99 if you do not want the mixer. Maybe we look hesitant to buy, so the sales lady wanted to throw in "discount" to convince us to buy.

Dotty: We have not decided whether to undermount or top mount the sink yet, but looking at the pretty Blanco sink, it will look nicer if we top mount the Blanco sink, right?

Hi Aya, we decided on top mount cos we heard so many horror stories about undermounting. And we being lazy people didn't really want to deal with all that hassle. You bought the black color too? What color would your top be? My amatuerish opinion would be that if its going to be black on black, top mounting would look equally nice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Aya, we decided on top mount cos we heard so many horror stories about undermounting. And we being lazy people didn't really want to deal with all that hassle. You bought the black color too? What color would your top be? My amatuerish opinion would be that if its going to be black on black, top mounting would look equally nice.

Hi Pirvan. The sinks we are using in our parents' house are undermount. So far no problem, just that as years go by, the side of the sink get very dirty and turn black due to no maintenance. The problem with undermount sink is that if the sink spoils, there is no way to change the sink unless we remove the solid surface, which can be quite expensive. We bought the alu-metallic color as we plan to do white solid surface, but I was thinking if to change to white to match the white solid surface.

Just for reference only. My sink color will look like this on white solid surface (don't mind the design of the sink, and if it is undermount):

348-152.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Hi dotty and getzski. I shall answer the pricing first. Hoe Kee's standard discount for the Blanco + mixer combo is $555. They can deduct $99 if you do not want the mixer. Maybe we look hesitant to buy, so the sales lady wanted to throw in "discount" to convince us to buy.

Dotty: We have not decided whether to undermount or top mount the sink yet, but looking at the pretty Blanco sink, it will look nicer if we top mount the Blanco sink, right?

sigh.....i got duped into buying the prototype....lol.

sigh.....i got duped into buying the prototype....lol.

and to top...they did not give me a overflow pipe that can connect to the sink.

now my overflow outlet is just a dud.

and to top...they did not give me a overflow pipe that can connect to the sink.

now my overflow outlet is just a dud.

Did you ask them for the spare parts? I don't think they will give these for FOC, but I thought the basic accessories that the seller will ask us to buy are the sink stopper and bottle trapper? I didn't know we need to buy overflow pipe. Or is it supposed to be given by the contractor? I didn't realise Blanco sink got a hole at the side of the sink

Or did you buy fake Blanco, just like the fake Happycall?!

Edited by ayazumi

Did you ask them for the spare parts? I don't think they will give these for FOC, but I thought the basic accessories that the seller will ask us to buy are the sink stopper and bottle trapper? I didn't know we need to buy overflow pipe. Or is it supposed to be given by the contractor? I didn't realise Blanco sink got a hole at the side of the sink

Or did you buy fake Blanco, just like the fake Happycall?!

:jawdrop: omg....i just checked....it is a FLANCO!

the overflow outlet is that small little hole near the top right corner. they gave me an overflow pipe/adapter, but it does not match. i think the pipe/adapter was meant for Lago, which was my previous choice that went out of stock.

i think they will let me exchange, but my C-- plumber one kind, say he will not come back another day.

the overflow outlet is that small little hole near the top right corner. they gave me an overflow pipe/adapter, but it does not match. i think the pipe/adapter was meant for Lago, which was my previous choice that went out of stock.

i think they will let me exchange, but my C-- plumber one kind, say he will not come back another day.

So your Blanco becomes Flanco, from B to F. hhhmmm....

I knew it!!!! :fire: getzski

We didn't see any new sink model in the showroom that has overflow outlet, except the old HDB basins in our house before renovation & my parents' house. It can be quite troublesome when you wash the basin and there is no overflow pipe, where does the overflow water flows to?

I knew it!!!! :fire: getzski

We didn't see any new sink model in the showroom that has overflow outlet, except the old HDB basins in our house before renovation & my parents' house. It can be quite troublesome when you wash the basin and there is no overflow pipe, where does the overflow water flows to?

suppose to join to the main sink water outlet, via a overflow adapter connected to the overflow miniature hole.

the little hole on the top right.....

20120113_193635.jpg

swee or not? my Flanco.

suppose to join to the main sink water outlet, via a overflow adapter connected to the overflow miniature hole.

20120113_193635.jpg

swee or not? my Flanco.

why are they white patches all over?

20120113_193635.jpg

swee or not? my Flanco.

If there is no overflow pipe, then the water will flow out the sink and drip in the cabinet, isn't it?

You sure that is Flanco or Blanco? It looks exactly like Blanco! I see that logo = overflow hole?! I don't know if the sink will come together with the overflow pipe or not. Thanks for the information. I will double check with Hoe Kee.

Your sink very swee, but, how come you never maintain the sink huh? It looks so dirty now.