Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
romeltic

Sweet And Minimalist Home@bp

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you casa :)

Thinking back time really flies and now its about completion :dancingqueen:

It will be a memorable journey for us...since it is our first home, from finding the contractor, tiles selection, looking through the progress, buying all the items we need..sourcing for sanitary lightings...though to me it is very very tiring, but we gained a lot of knowledge from this.

Hubby is very lazy to update photos, but I do not have the photos with me..will try to prompt ...

Somehow feel lucky to have been recommended to our ID, as he is trustable since we are newbie about renovating house hehe...

Today, we realized that the shower bath placement section is missing, all the time we thought we can put the shower bath on a big hole area inside the toilet.

Until, the shower screen is installed, we realized inside the shower area, there is no place we can get our shower gel at all :P

Then after asking around our colleague, who also using the same ID, told us to follow her style by shaping triangle tiles around the corner near to the shower area instead of using glass.

We feel it is very constructive idea, thus call our ID to check & he told us will make the arrangement for us (though our chemical wash is completed last monday).

I feel our ID is one of a kind & commendable, he just called me again & said he has gone done & do the marking for placing the tiles (yeah) so that we can go back & check later if it is acceptable.

It is super responsive & he updated us due to my last minutes request (I think i always have a lot of last mins request, my ID is quite patient), our completion may be delayed till next tuesday...hehe...

Think if we are going to reno again next time (in case if we decided to change after MOP - 5 yrs later) may seek the same ID again.

He is not only responsive & also provides good quality workmanship. I told our ID that we did not thoroughly check (as we saw it was quite smooth & walk on it several times, feel ok) & he replied tat we can call him anytime if there is issue..he seems to be confident as well.

Actually another reason may be we both are too lazy & do not really know how to check on it...we did ask colleague or relative on how to check (one of our relatives just move in new unit), all of them are using coins.

But we feel we may scratch the tiles if we try to knock the coins on the tiles (one of our good excuses). :sport-smiley-004:

Our ID also challenged us to test on the kitchen cabinets as it is the best time to test open & close (Hubby mom has helped to exercise on this hahaha...may be she feel our kitchen too nice oredy :P & want to bring to her house instead hahaa...)

Talking about kitchen cabinet, our ID is to such extent that he refused to receive our payment when his carpentry workers did not meet his quality & we delayed our payment instead.

Actually all of us looked at the kitchen is quite nice...but later he told us that his expectations are not met for the cabinet doors & we are paying him money so he cannot blindly accept the workers' quality.

End up the workers had to replace all the cabinet doors & they looked scared when facing our ID hehe...guess our ID is a strict one.

We like our house tiles so much hehe shiny shiny types, creamy color, hehe...my favorite & selection (Hubby later said that it was his selection as well).

I feel house renovation will also help us reveal the other side of our partner....hope hubby will not read this.

Yesterday, we went to buy door bell, and it took an hour for hubby to decide the doorbell, the brand is the same 'Sound tech', it is just a difference that for receiver, one type is using power socket & another one is using battery.

Hubby was undecided for so long and struggling...:), sometimes for the smallest thing, you may end up decide longer hahaha...for the door bell, i do not want to interfere & let hubby choose one that satisfy his taste & personalities. hahaha...peace...

Both of us like the house v much & i hope to move in soon hehehee...though still a lot of furniture items haven't bought.

Will buy the necessary first hehe...

We just bought our fridge - Hitachi $1099..

Coming is washing machine, intend to get a LG top loader, since both of us used to top load wm...hehe...n cheaper than front load...WFT9561DD, but undecided yet hehe...

Then is TV console, TV, dining table set, sofa, bed frame & mattress...more damage to come :sport-smiley-018:

And need to move,..i have yet to start packing....wowww...busy busy days ahead...:)..

will try to request hubby to post more photos hehe....

My renovation is more or less finished..hehe just suddenly thought of posting some pictures of before and after to show how impressed we are with our ID works.

Entrance Foyer

Before

bbafa964.jpg

After

P2091236.jpg

renovation is amazing...before n after is so different :)

Kitchen Area

Before

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

After

P2091245.jpg

P2091246.jpg

the most amazing transformation,..yeahh..now kitchen look spacious (the pic is posted by hubby..i just feel like commenting hehe...)

Finally U and your hubby can relax liao after a a hard time :yamseng:

Sofa??U have tot of seahorse?Well I got my sofa from seahorse 3seater L shape incl delivery and GST less den $410 to delivered nxt mth :sport-smiley-004:

Or u can drop by Hommage lifestyle at Jln Peminpin

Yeah it has been a tiring but at the same time fun and enriching renovation experience for us.

Yes we thought of buying seahorse for beds at guest room.

Those kind of singles kind whether the bottom can slide out another mattress.

Sure haha will try to drop by the hommage lifestyle when free.

Thanks you for being so supportive of our thread

We decided to bought the LED lights from our ID..initially we were abit skeptical but the result turns out to be great..

The LED lights are from taiwan and are very bright but yet not glaring..

We just need to on 2 LED lights and the whole living room is bright enough..amazing

26c17647.jpg

71cc3b7f.jpg

We also decided on buying this digital wireless doorbell at homefix..took a long time to decide between this model which is battery operated and another model which uses an power plug..

But finally decided on this because it will not take up an additional power socket,

731c9ca9.jpg

ebd1671c.jpg

Another thing to praise my ID...We put the door hole thing in my new house but did not told him that we need to replace. But tata...after few days saw that the new door hole is installed for the main door entrance..

9eda58e5.jpg

7f747f06.jpg

after the door hole is changed the view is much clearer yeah

Congrats congrats. It's always great to see happy homers after their renovation. I'm engaging Roy too for my upcoming reno of my 3NG unit. After reading and analyzing all reviews frm fellow forumers, I'm sure and convinced of Roy's commitment and seriousness in reno works.