Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
romeltic

Sweet And Minimalist Home@bp

Hi taichipanda, no actually this look and feel is what we requested. haha we like it very much.

Initially was just bit concern about the wood texture and now we are comfortable with it :)

That is the drawer door of the bottom kitchen cabinet, like i said before, it looks like wood veneer or wood grain laminate, cannot confirm without touching it. Very modern and zen touch. You dont like it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

for curtains and blinds, is there any recommendation on shops and brands to get?

Most likely we are getting vuitton blinds but will like to understand more before making the purchases.

Thanks

My favourite dinning lights..drooling

073ae0c8.jpg

Nice light looking at it :yamseng:

hehe yes think this is the lights that we are most satisfied with..

The only thing is that when we touch the dining lights, we realise that there are some kinds of holes / scratches in the surfaces.

Then i called up the lightings shop which we bought from to check. But they told us this is normal cos the mould used to create that dining lights more or less have.

They say i can bring down to change but it is only a matter of changing to the same type of dining lights with less holes / scratches.

I wonder if this is indeed the case. Anyone have any advise to share on this?

Refer to below screenshot with the scratches / holes in the center. Note that it is not noticeable unless u really touch it and also look really hard at it

bec07e76.jpg

5d963f77.jpg

Doors after vanishing :)

Main door entrance

53209c59.jpg

Individual bedroom door

eded4848.jpg

I think painting all door white instead..... to go with your theme... my 2 cents

hehe thanks for the kind comment, but we decided to stick with vanishing the doors. Cos white also scare will turn dirty easily.

I think painting all door white instead..... to go with your theme... my 2 cents

Recently, rarely had time to check & most of the time hubby is updating.

This time is my turn to update the blog :).

Renovation is near to completion,..left with touching up & chemical wash.

Hubby said that chemical wash is done,...but when I go down n see today, I feel like not so clean as expected.

Is it normal that after chemical wash we may still need to clean & wash ourselves...but if there are stain of paints on the window grills I am not sure if it can be cleaned...as it looks a bit turn off when standing on the window.

After all the reno works, the paints/ stains seems still around...or may b just will look faded after chemical wash.

To summarize our renovation journey, personally I feel it is the most right decision to get the right ID to help with the renovation works in the first place.

We looked through a few IDs but some are not shortlisted due to budget & we are also afraid of any hidden costs.

As we checked through wit some people, our seller, colleague, housing agents, then we found a few are completed by our ID & review is not bad, so in the end we just go with the safest ID as recommended.

Our ID is Roy from IR Design. I think he also did the reno works for some of the forummers here.

We/ I felt very satisfied with his work & he is able to help us achieve what we want based on the tiles we chosen, paint color & the theme that we wanted.

I feel the most important is we are able to communicate with him & he is also quite responsive when we tell/ clarify things.

But things may not be perfect, sum times due to budget we may have to scrap certain ideas to give & take.

But overall we like the outcome & feel it is close enough to what we have set on our minds.

Our ID also help to box up additional pipe on the kitchen/ additional kitchen cutlery set drawer...without hidden costs.

We end up add more carpentry work like shoe cabinet & additional clothes cabinet at our common room.

We saw the shoe cabinet at Roy's office which looked so nice that we finally tempted to build in one instead of buying off the shelf.

We also gotten our LED lights supplied by Roy. So far it looks very bright..much brighter than our philips lighting at common room.

According to Roy, the LED is really energy saving & durable, may last long with 18 months warranty...hope it works just as expected hehe...

Lastly, I hope ppl will impress wit the house as we are impressed...:)

Coz we also burn a hole in our pocket with all the renovation & furnishings...:P

Yeah...a few more days to handover & completion of reworks...thanks for dropping by & providing constructive comments during our renovation journey...

Hubby will post all the completed pics :) stay tuned...

My renovation is more or less finished..hehe just suddenly thought of posting some pictures of before and after to show how impressed we are with our ID works.

Entrance Foyer

Before

bbafa964.jpg

After

P2091236.jpg

Living Room

Before

IMG_1930.jpg

After

P2091240.jpg

Lighting effects does make a difference ...like it! and of course paint colors play a part too...love it..

Edited by romeltic