Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Valerie, I checked on the partial wall tiles & paint for toilets, was told its not practical for our climate & hard to maintain... What does ur contractor say? If doable, it'll be something nice I can do with the subway tiles look too...:)

Yar, i was abt to ask on the maintainence issue? Paint peeling? But most of private apartments comes with painted false ceiling and there do not seem to have any maintenace issues. Maybe can use the same type of paint.?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

its nice to have a bit of colour lah.... just to make the toilet amazing!! hehehe....

Good idea, let me think think... :dancingqueen:

Hi valarie,

The bathroom effect looks nice. R u going to use exterior paint to withstand the moisture and humidity?

With regards to the airpipe, xtr din remove it, but reroute it to the side as it was smack right in d middle previously. But i'm not sure how it will affect the smell with the rerouting.. I'm a noob in this so not sure of the implication. I was intrigued when i saw xtr's pipe shifted to the side with a L-shape extender fixed to the top and bottom becos it make the entire toilet much bigger.

I didn't notice his pipe, let me ask the contractor. Haha his contractor is the same as mine. If he can do for him, sure can do for me. But my bathroom so small, even if it is shifted to the other corner, it is still there - an eyesore.

Hi Valerie, I checked on the partial wall tiles & paint for toilets, was told its not practical for our climate & hard to maintain... What does ur contractor say? If doable, it'll be something nice I can do with the subway tiles look too...:)

Yar, i was abt to ask on the maintainence issue? Paint peeling? But most of private apartments comes with painted false ceiling and there do not seem to have any maintenace issues. Maybe can use the same type of paint.?

Paint peel in toilets is common, even the ceiling paint will peel after some time. This cannot be avoided.

I don't see any problem with partial wall tile as our parents' houses old bathrooms were also partially tile up, same as this flat - the toilet walls were partially tile up previously, and they have stood the test of time. Think we should use the right paint - like those anti-fungal or weather shield paint.

Look at XTR's bathroom - no wall tiles at all! :thumbs up:

Edited by ValerieLow

I don't see any problem with partial wall tile as our parents' houses old bathrooms were also partially tile up, same as this flat - the toilet walls were partially tile up previously, and they have stood the test of time. Think we should use the right paint - like those anti-fungal or weather shield paint.

Look at XTR's bathroom - no wall tiles at all! :thumbs up:

i also don't think there will be any problem. painted walls are good idea cos after few years, can repaint again. but if tiles, if want to change, will be more difficult. I am sure the paint can last for 5 years or so.... all our external walls are painted too and hdb will repaint every few years. :paint:

Hi valarie,

The bathroom effect looks nice. R u going to use exterior paint to withstand the moisture and humidity?

With regards to the airpipe, xtr din remove it, but reroute it to the side as it was smack right in d middle previously. But i'm not sure how it will affect the smell with the rerouting.. I'm a noob in this so not sure of the implication. I was intrigued when i saw xtr's pipe shifted to the side with a L-shape extender fixed to the top and bottom becos it make the entire toilet much bigger.

yah i didnt remove it...i just re-route it like a L-shape to make the toilet bigger.

for us, we dont see the need to tile it up. light coloured tiles long run also look old. paint long run also peel/dirty. for the untilled bathroom wall, i already have a can of white paint ready to paint and it will look new very fast.

Valerie- yap, no tiles on the wall. yeap, must request for anti fungal+ weathershield (outdoors) paint. so far so good...the walls still very white.

End of Week 2 28/4/2012

Yesterday morning we were worried the tilers did not understand clearly how we wanted the toilet wall tiles to be laid,

we went up to the house early morning before work to paste this piece of paper with instructions written in both English and Chinese

DSC00906.jpg

Luckily our new home is just a few bus stops away from where we currently stay.

In the evening after work, we rushed back home and this was what we saw!

Surprised! Everything was done according to what we have drawn. We :wub: it! I especially love the workmanship.

The tilers have done a good job. The grout lines for the hexagon tiles are so even.

I SMSed my contractor and thanked him for the good job done.

DSC00908-1.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

Well, not to be happy too early, when all the tiles are up, we will check if there is any hollowness.

Edited by ValerieLow

can anyone pm me andrew contact number? Thanks.

Hi unity, I have PMed you Andrew's contact. I did not engage him, you may want to ask Maydream for more details if you need. :)

swee swee la. they confirm do good job. dont do good job, i also help u scold him ok.

I am sure they will! Because the progress is a bit slow... maybe there is only 1 team of tiler?

Pretty pretty washrooms. Now got to call it washroom, not toilet.

Haha, still not qualified to call it as washroom yet.. cos got ugly pipe and later will have more water pipes. ;)

Folks, there is Harvey Norman Tech Expo Now!

Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5B

Date: 28 Apr - 6 May

http://singaporeexpo.com.sg/2012/03/22/harvey-norman-sale-2/

Can plan to get your washer, refrigerator or TV there. I saw that the prices are not bad... can compete with those local electrical shops! (At least for those items that I have shortlisted) :jawdrop:

Edited by ValerieLow

Hi unity, I have PMed you Andrew's contact. I did not engage him, you may want to ask Maydream for more details if you need. :)

I am not the only one engage him leh. Haha....