Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Probably could be the lighting problem. I see that the tiles look like black color.

What?!! I was expecting the price to remain the same... Oh no! We haven't got the chairs yet because if now order, the delivery is too early for us. We can't put furniture in the house until near end April.

Edited: I found another cheaper price. I PM you. From same seller.

what chair? i also wanna kapoh. pm me plsss....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have you tried Ikea? I like this toilet

I like this toilet too! Trying to achieve a similar effect but got to use black & white mosaics as floor tiles which my hubby strongly objects hehee... cos he is the one who cleans the toilet :P

The metal stand for the basin we saw it in IKEA, but it is too big for our small toilet.. 80cm width!

Anyone knows where can I look for this kind of wash basin with metal stand? :yamseng:

1a.jpg

I like the bathroom look - clean, white and bright. Youthful and and lively! 

Hi Val,

I'm not sure if you have been to the food court at Marina Square level 4. The stalls actually used a variety of the tiles you have selected for your kitchen. It may give you a good idea how it will look when on the bigger area. The tiles are used on the wall and floor, and different stalls have different design of the tiles.

Hope this helps. ;-)

Hi Val,

I'm not sure if you have been to the food court at Marina Square level 4. The stalls actually used a variety of the tiles you have selected for your kitchen. It may give you a good idea how it will look when on the bigger area. The tiles are used on the wall and floor, and different stalls have different design of the tiles.

Hope this helps. ;-)

Hi Rae,

Do you mean the food court at Marina Bay Sands? I saw these tiles there too. But frankly speaking, the tile itself is nice but i think they are not matching to the other tiles in the MBS food court. It just look too busy with too many different patterns of tiles. :unsure: I'm not sure if mine will turn out like that.. I'm praying that it is a right choice. :bow:

If you mean Marina Square, I havn't been to the food court in Marina square hehe

Edited by ValerieLow

Hi Val,

I meant Marina Square. I think they have just renovated the place but not sure how long ago. The tiles look similar to what you have posted. Evey stall have their own patterned tiles on the wall and floor but I'm not sure if it's the same as the one at MBS (have not been there yet).

I think it looks nice if the tiles are going to be the focal point. I also notice the smaller prints look busier(more penarakan like)while the bigger prints are easier on the eye.. but then again, that may be due to the size of the wall and floor.

It's certainly a very refreshing kitchen style from the usual clean and perhaps cold modern kitchen. I guess it all boils down to personal preference ;-) also, with such print, kitchen do not need to be too neat since most ppl will be drawn to the patterned tiles.

Hi Val,

I meant Marina Square. I think they have just renovated the place but not sure how long ago. The tiles look similar to what you have posted. Evey stall have their own patterned tiles on the wall and floor but I'm not sure if it's the same as the one at MBS (have not been there yet).

I think it looks nice if the tiles are going to be the focal point. I also notice the smaller prints look busier(more penarakan like)while the bigger prints are easier on the eye.. but then again, that may be due to the size of the wall and floor.

It's certainly a very refreshing kitchen style from the usual clean and perhaps cold modern kitchen. I guess it all boils down to personal preference ;-) also, with such print, kitchen do not need to be too neat since most ppl will be drawn to the patterned tiles.

Thanks for reaffirming my ideas. :yamseng:

I will go take a look at the food court at Marina Square. Yes, I agree that the tiles are going to be the focal point, hence the kitchen cabinet cannot be too fancy, got to becareful when choosing the laminates. Will update again when I have the actual design.

Final Inspection

Last night, we had a final inspection on the house. We have carefully checked all corners, ceiling, floor, toilet, kitchen. The only minor issue is a crack in the wall. But i guess it should be okay, since we are going to plaster all the walls.

We found that the seller had not moved all their stuff away, they left behind a big dressing table and a big wardrobe. Hubby was not pleased with the idea that we have to remove these for them. If ask contractor to dismantle and throw away, he might charge us. We talked to the seller, but the lady seller was very fierce and shouted back at us. I am not comfortable with her pretending to be nice to us. She kept mentioning that she cleaned the house before she moved out, she even left a few slippers and an old vacuum cleaner in case we need to use. So she thinks that we should be responsible to help her to clear away her furniture. :wacko:

Anyway, we have told the agent about this and he said he will settle this for us. :thumbs up:

Another fierce and unreasonable seller. Take her vacuum, yet got to do more things for her. This world got no free lunch.

ya, not easy to find good sellers or buyers..... next time, if i ever sell away this place, i will try to be as nice as possible. hehehehe..... my seller actually quite nice. on completion day, he gave me a philips table lamp as gift....

Final Inspection

Last night, we had a final inspection on the house. We have carefully checked all corners, ceiling, floor, toilet, kitchen. The only minor issue is a crack in the wall. But i guess it should be okay, since we are going to plaster all the walls.

We found that the seller had not moved all their stuff away, they left behind a big dressing table and a big wardrobe. Hubby was not pleased with the idea that we have to remove these for them. If ask contractor to dismantle and throw away, he might charge us. We talked to the seller, but the lady seller was very fierce and shouted back at us. I am not comfortable with her pretending to be nice to us. She kept mentioning that she cleaned the house before she moved out, she even left a few slippers and an old vacuum cleaner in case we need to use. So she thinks that we should be responsible to help her to clear away her furniture. :wacko:

Anyway, we have told the agent about this and he said he will settle this for us. :thumbs up:

got lots of funny people in the world