Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Like your idea of using cement patterned tiles. seen this in one of the restaurant in europe. Very nice ! They use different motives though :thumbs up:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice tiles for your kitchen backsplash :thumbs up:

Hi revox88, thanks for visiting my thread. Yeah, we got this inspiration from one of the interior design websites. It looks great. But now sure how it will turn out to be in my kitchen hehe, a bit worry.

I prefer mosaics :thumbs up:

Hi Aya, mosaics are nice, but cannot create the wall paper effect that we want :(

Like your idea of using cement patterned tiles. seen this in one of the restaurant in europe. Very nice ! They use different motives though :thumbs up:

Hi Topsy, thanks, got this idea from one of the interior design websites. I think it is common in overseas hehe but not many ppl here do that.

Cement patterned tiles at An Huat Trading

IMG250.jpg

I prefer 1 or 5 if 5 is not too much.

I saw their tiles as well! Like them but they are not suited for my place.

I prefer 1 or 5 if 5 is not too much.

I saw their tiles as well! Like them but they are not suited for my place.

Why not suitable for your place leh? I think it depends on design of kitchen cabinet

I prefer blue color. So 1st design is okay. But the top 3rd mosaics looks unique

Neoby and aya, at first sight, everyone would choose 1. Haha including me, but after you see it for a while, no. 1 doesn't really give an impact and it is too small and the motives are too compact thus making the wall look 'busy'. I may choose no. 2 :dunno:

val,

alan took u all to an huat? not hafary?

Nono, Alan took me to Hafary and the shop next to Hafary (forgot the name), but i specifically asked for cement patterned tiles for the kitchen back splash in which An Huat has more options for me to choose. All my other tiles are from Hafary. Will share them tonight.

Edited by ValerieLow

Why not suitable for your place leh? I think it depends on design of kitchen cabinet

Neoby and aya, at first sight, everyone would choose 1. Haha including me, but after you see it for a while, no. 1 doesn't really give an impact and it is too small and the motives are too compact thus making the wall look 'busy'. I may choose no. 2 :dunno:

otherwise 3 or 5. I like bigger motifs. But it also depends on ur overall colour and design scheme and colour of other tiles. I chose 1 cos it looks "safer".

I initially chose gold tile for my kitchen backing but didnt go ahead for feng shui purpose.

otherwise 3 or 5. I like bigger motifs. But it also depends on ur overall colour and design scheme and colour of other tiles. I chose 1 cos it looks "safer".

I initially chose gold tile for my kitchen backing but didnt go ahead for feng shui purpose.

Same here. "Safest" design of all the other designs. Haha... No1 looks not bad mah, got 3D effects leh, if you look carefully.

Countdown to KeYs Collection day!

8 more days to collect our keys!

On Monday, we went to Hafary to select tiles for the foyer, kitchen floor, toilet wall and floor tiles. We do not like the idea of having wall tiles in the kitchen hence, no wall tiles for kitchen except the backsplash.

No choice for the bathroom as it is too small and not much space to separate it into wet and dry area, so we'd better have wall tiles to protect the wall.

Foyer tiles - This is a stone textured tiles, there supposed to be 4 different textures for this tiles. At first signt, hubby loved the rugged feel of this tile, however when we were given sample to bring home, the feel is different. We need to check this with the sales person.

IMG_9948-1.jpg

Kitchen floor tiles - this is our favourite made-in-italy floor tiles. Alan said that the quality of this tile is really good. We don't know about the quality, but the surface texture is really classy compared to other gray tiles.

IMG_9953.jpg

Toilet wall tiles - subway tiles and floor tiles

IMG_9951.jpg

Still not so satisfied with the toilet tiles combination.

Edited by ValerieLow

Are you doing black and white theme?

No, actually is gray and white haha.. that is gray tile not black.. sorry for the poor lighting. My kitchen will be mostly, gray/stainless steel metallic / white so that i can spruce it up with green plants or or other tone of colours. I afraid if choose too colourful tiles, can't match with other kitchen appliances.

Toilet theme - can't make up my mind yet :bangwall:

By the way aya, have you bought the chair from gmarket? I saw that they have increased the price!! :jawdrop:

No, actually is gray and white haha.. that is gray tile not black.. sorry for the poor lighting. My kitchen will be mostly, gray/stainless steel metallic / white so that i can spruce it up with green plants or or other tone of colours. I afraid if choose too colourful tiles, can't match with other kitchen appliances.

Toilet theme - can't make up my mind yet :bangwall:

By the way aya, have you bought the chair from gmarket? I saw that they have increased the price!! :jawdrop:

Probably could be the lighting problem. I see that the tiles look like black color.

What?!! I was expecting the price to remain the same... Oh no! We haven't got the chairs yet because if now order, the delivery is too early for us. We can't put furniture in the house until near end April.

Edited: I found another cheaper price. I PM you. From same seller.

Edited by ayazumi

It was a long weekend. We took almost three long days to decide all the stuff we want for our home. Tiring but worth it. Hopefully during the reno, we will not need to decide on all the kitchen appliances, bathroom accessories as we do not want the contractor to wait for us making decision, and delay the time line due to us being fickle minded. :D

Some of the stuff we have shortlisted.

Refrigerator - Fisher & Paykel. I'm looking for a bottom freezer refrigerator and it must be white, as the refrigerator will be placed next to a black chalkboard wall. So far only Fisher & Paykel and Mitsubishi brand fits our requirement. However the Mitsubishi bottom freezer is a drawer freezer, which is really inconvenient to look for things!

fp402bre.jpg

mitsubishi.jpg

Washer - SAMSUNG 8692 Don't have much requirements for a washer, as long as it can do its job, that's it!

washer.jpg

Sink - Blanco. We have not used a granite sink before, but the look of this sink is really cool. Any usability issues? Such as harder to maintain? :dunno:

blanco.jpg