Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahlipz

~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~

i agree with the rest, do the necessary things first, then after a few years, then slowly do the "wants". like me, i've been living same place for about 7 years, now then i'm going to start the renovation of my MBR bathroom. at least have more $$ to do more to your liking, need not compromise so much.

will start a t-blog to show my bathroom reno soon. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Using Quartz??? Need to google for the 2 recommendation of SilesStone and CaesarStone. ID is quite insistent in wanting us to use white granite top to complement the overall semi industrial theme.

Decided to hack the wall between Master bedroom and adjacent room for a WIW but will not removing the door just to save a few bucks. Otherwise, it will cost about $1k to remove and replace it with a plastic panel to allow more light into the "corridor"

quartz is slightly more expensive than granite. but it's supposedly easier to maintain than granite. according to my ID and the quartz manufacturer brochure, quartz = non-porous, heat & burn resistant, scratch-resistant, stain-resistant, bacteria-resistant, chip & crack resistant, high resistance to acid, and only need warm water or mild soap to clean. compared to granite which is only heat & scratch resistant and needs sealers and special cleaners to maintain, quartz seems like a better choice wor. i decided to go with quartz for my bathroom vanity top, since my ID offered me both granite & quartz choices. :)

some IDs are more obstinate. ultimately, it's your own place, and u have the final say on what u want.

Spoke to ID yesterday and he recommended Quartz if I am worried about the granite top turning slight yellowish in 4-5 years

Price is the deciding factor coz Quartz will be MORE expensive, thus will be sticking to granite. He will be showing some samples to decide if we are going to change the another colour beside off white.

So happy that ID went shopping for furniture with me and managed to get a TV console after recommendation.

Wifey is okay with it but decided to get it. Yeah! We saw an interesting coffee table but the colour does not really match with TV console due to lighter shade of brown.

Shall window shop again this weekend and should be signing the contract tomorrow.

If you are afraid of the granite turning yellow, then don't choose white. Choose other color which is easily to maintain. Black may not be a good option too because of the dust and maybe water mark?

If you are afraid of the granite turning yellow, then don't choose white. Choose other color which is easily to maintain. Black may not be a good option too because of the dust and maybe water mark?

are there white granite? i don't remember there are really white white granite..... that is why i choose solid top in the end as white granite was no available.

I know someone that uses quartz and she says she regret it cos it also stained her top. So she says don't bother spending that kind of money on it when it will stain anyway. So, i think granite is would be good enough if you want better quality than solid surface.

Edited by May_dream1

May, I think you are right. All granite seems to come with dots including galaxy black. Don't seems to have just plain, solid one-color tone. If someone have info on plain colored granite, pls share. :help: I want those!! :dribble:

I was contemplating whether to consider quartz as it was supposed to be heat resistant, anti- scratch, anti-strain etc. I must research on this more liao.

i want white without any dots of black....

It's not really about the visible black grains. While I was choosing a countertop, I wanted white quartz but it doesn't look white. There's a hint of yellow shade like as if it's stained. I succumbed to black quartz with "glitter" instead.

I believe BMS marble have the Snow White Quartz and it looks pretty white. you can call and enquire..

May, I think you are right. All granite seems to come with dots including galaxy black. Don't seems to have just plain, solid one-color tone. If someone have info on plain colored granite, pls share. :help: I want those!! :dribble:

I was contemplating whether to consider quartz as it was supposed to be heat resistant, anti- scratch, anti-strain etc. I must research on this more liao.

if i am you, knowing that changes are inevitable in your house, i won't spend too much on quartz. :rolleyes:

Advertisement of course will say its this good and that good... if you look at all the tblog, most ppl don't come in after their reno are over.... so even if they regret (or maybe didn't regret) choosing quartz, we will never know. so even if it stained and have scratches, we also might not know unless you personally know some ppl that uses it.

Beluga, mae29 and myself went to another forummer place and heard it with our own ears that quartz also does stain and she regretted using it for the price she is paying for it.

So you can weigh the pros and cons lah.... i believe to pay for the price, the thing must be quite good.... quality definitely better than solid surface, granite, corian etc.... but don't put your hope too high that its totally anti-stain. maybe more difficult to stain but definitely not anti-stain.

It's not really about the visible black grains. While I was choosing a countertop, I wanted white quartz but it doesn't look white. There's a hint of yellow shade like as if it's stained. I succumbed to black quartz with "glitter" instead.

I believe BMS marble have the Snow White Quartz and it looks pretty white. you can call and enquire..

yup, i saw the yellow shade too. that is why i didn't choose granite... i won't want black and i only want white without black grains. hehehehe.....

don't want quartz lah... a bit too ex for my budget.

Finally, just clarified with ID that he will be doing matt white solid top, not granite.

ID said that it does not turn yellowish after 5 years if you take care and probably will cook during weekends. One should not be able to see the jointing too.

Any feedback on solid top esp from those who had used this material for their kitchen top?

Will it be stained easily?

PE endorsement settled and submitted to HDB last week.

Prayed hard that it wont take more than 2 weeks to start renovation.

Planning on some items for the new home

(1) Bosch Slim Hood (Model: DHI922GSG)

We are no cooking guru and very likely this will be utilised once to twice a month :yamseng:

boschdhi922gsg.jpg

(2) Bosch Oven (Model : Stainless steel 60cm Built-in single oven HBN331E2J)

Still deciding if to spend additional to get the self cleaning function

mcsa037779hba23b550jdef.jpg

(3) Fisher & Paykel

We are going more for the design to fit our white kitchen layout

Option 1 - ActiveSmart™ Fridge- Top Freezer 348L

e381tresandstoneexterio.jpg

Option 2 - ActiveSmart™ Fridge- Top Freezer 487L

e521tresandstoneexterio.jpg

Grohe sale

Planning to get my rain shower but totally clueless.

Any recommendation since I will be getting gas heater.

Edited by ahlipz