Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahlipz

~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~

Wow, I'm also eying the fisher & Paykel fridge, but i'm looking at the bottom freezer one 402BRE. Have you decided which model to buy?

And wish you have a smooth reno journey!

ValerieLow, Thanks for dropping by.

I am leaning towards top freezer due to better energy efficiency.

However, I foresee that we will be using the freezer much much lesser, thus really want a bottom freezer but the average energy efficiency is the making me think otherwise.

One thing to take note is that the handle may be prone to damage from the constant handling form our hands.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hooray, tomorrow is the start of the renovation and the hacking will begin.

PE permit took about 1 week+ for HDB to approve. My contractor informed me that another unit at the nearby estate took almost 2 weeks.

Looking forward...

Congrats to start of your reno.... now we can see even more pic. :sport-smiley-004:

the chair is really sexy and pretty.... how much does 1 cost? hopefully not in 5 digit numbers like the artichoke lamp. :jawdrop:

ValerieLow, Thanks for dropping by.

I am leaning towards top freezer due to better energy efficiency.

However, I foresee that we will be using the freezer much much lesser, thus really want a bottom freezer but the average energy efficiency is the making me think otherwise.

One thing to take note is that the handle may be prone to damage from the constant handling form our hands.

Yeah, I also notice there are 4 ticks for the model you chose whereas there are only 3 ticks for the bottom freezer one. But i like the bottom freezer more, it is more convenient for us to look for stuff, especially when we don't use the freezer that often. How I wish can have both features in 1 fridge. :drunk:

Yeah, I also notice there are 4 ticks for the model you chose whereas there are only 3 ticks for the bottom freezer one. But i like the bottom freezer more, it is more convenient for us to look for stuff, especially when we don't use the freezer that often. How I wish can have both features in 1 fridge. :drunk:

ya, i wanted to have freezer at top and bottom too. and in the middle is the fridge section. but there are no such thing.... :~ or else at least both of us would have bought the same fridge.

the louis poulsen lamps are just so beautiful. how did u manage to take picture? i m sure there are 2-3 staffs that are free and on standby to help you with any questions.

want to check with the other readers about this grohe thingy. its very shiny and pretty but when water dries off it, do you all get the calcium marks? since u are using it everyday, do u get those white patches easily?

Congrats to start of your reno.... now we can see even more pic. :sport-smiley-004:

the chair is really sexy and pretty.... how much does 1 cost? hopefully not in 5 digit numbers like the artichoke lamp. :jawdrop:

The sexy chair should be in 4 digits... Really love the smooth curvy wood

Sama sama, wished the bottom freezer type that F&K should be 4 ticks so that I can just buy it without much consideration.

Day 1

Contractor informed that the workers have started hacking today. Due to work commitment, I managed to reached my beloved home at 6plus today. Bought 100plus for the 2 workers for their hard work today.

WIW entrance already hacked but ID told me the entrance is like door size but the workers hacked almost twice the size of the door. Let the contractor settle this coz need to patch up after hacking.

Let see the warzone... reminds me of Mr & Mrs Smith scene where Brad & Jolie were locked in battle with each other, with intent to kill each other. You know what happens later. :notti:

View from my future WIW

p1030802p.jpg

View from my MBR

p1030803r.jpg

My toilet fixtures were all removed and placed in my MBR :dunno:

p1030804n.jpg

Part of the kitchen wall hacked & many iron bar exposed

p1030806v.jpg

Debris galore

p1030810ga.jpg

Part 2 hacking to be continued tomorrow...

Edited by ahlipz

Iron bars in walls? Can hack meh?? I thought only empty walls can hack. :dunno:

This maybe one of HDB's imperfection when drawing floor plans as mentioned by my ID. He quoted a case done by him where floor plan shows wall can hack. But upon seeing iron rods, afraid that it might be structural walls, he informed HDB who sent their officials down to check b4 hacking continues. Verdict - Cannot hack. Weird thing is: Few families upstairs and downstairs already hacked! So, don't understand why subsequently listed as cannot hack liao.

Maybe his is a unique case.

Iron bars in walls? Can hack meh?? I thought only empty walls can hack. :dunno:

This maybe one of HDB's imperfection when drawing floor plans as mentioned by my ID. He quoted a case done by him where floor plan shows wall can hack. But upon seeing iron rods, afraid that it might be structural walls, he informed HDB who sent their officials down to check b4 hacking continues. Verdict - Cannot hack. Weird thing is: Few families upstairs and downstairs already hacked! So, don't understand why subsequently listed as cannot hack liao.

Maybe his is a unique case.

Some contractors don't care. Just hack even if there are iron bars since already approved by hdb. Just that Andrew don't want to have future problems so inform hdb and thus not allowed go continue loh.

I have no idea that there are restriction in hacking away walls with iron bars. Since approval was given by HDB, I guess the green light to hack the wall will not be an issue. Furthermore, quite a number of units already hacked away the kitchen walls.

Day 2

Too busy to drop by my beloved flat to check out the renovation progress. Whatapps my contractor for update and was immediately received four pictures. Hacking of the wall was done and the workers started to remove the skirting. I guess nowadays using whatapps is the norm to exchange thoughts, ideas and pictures. Well, it is easier / faster to call, imo

Kitchen wall hacked away, left with lot of debris, including the iron bars all gone.

recentlyupdateds.jpg

WIW and MBR wall hacked away and worker removing the wall skirting

recentlyupdated1.jpg

ID suggested to remove the wall skirting to complement the floor overlay laminates as well to fix up a thinner wall skirting. Wanted to have a cleaner and nicer view of the whole living room, so decided to spend more to do away the new skirting. Wifey was complaining of removing the perfectly fine skirting that HDB provided. She was shocked after I told her that the wall between WIW & MBR was hacked off. She wanted to save money by using the WIW door instead of hacking the wall off.

Kinda late, will write more tomorrow on my thought on City Gas heater and dryer. Still deciding on which heater to get as well as a dryer which will be kinda cramp with the washing machine in the service bay area.

Edited by ahlipz

Your wife was right. Should not removed the skirting provided by HDB. In first place, your ID should not charge you for skirting too. It should come in a package, when you are doing laminates for floor or tiles for floor, skirting should be done together. I don't know why he does that, maybe can earn extra money from you. If you say he is charging additional cost for removing skirting, then yes, I agree that is a mandatory cost to be incurred.

Last time my BTO flat also, i hack away a small part of the kitchen entrance wall, it exposed some iron reinforcement as well. But HDB PE come inspect the waterproofing after hacking, pass and the wall goes. :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Think it is really up to them one. Can only say their standard varies.... :bangwall: :bangwall: