Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mummy Ling

Our Journey To Casa

Yippee!

After a month or so of searching for IDs and comparing each individual quotations, we hv finally rest our faith on one ID..

黑马获胜!!

It was quite a close call amongst three IDs we have narrowed down, but the one we hv chosen has been giving us the most competitive quotation so far.

And most importantly, they meet our BUDGET!! Hee... :sport-smiley-004:

Its not easy to meet our budget when most of the things in our new house needed to be done.

Well wish us luck when the works start... We hope we can move in before Christmas cos we wanna celebrate Christmas in our new home :)

We have also bought our next expensive purchase, sealed the deal at the IT Fair yesterday.

A 46" LED Smart TV by Philips with free PHilips Home Theatre System.. Nice... :good:

Transportation, installation all free!

Really hope the sound quality from the system is above average.. Good thing is their rear speakers are wireless.. So no need to run cable :)

Our last biggest purchase.. Would be our Aircon.. Still thinking should we just do a system three or a system 4....

Edited by Mummy Ling

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yippee!

After a month or so of searching for IDs and comparing each individual quotations, we hv finally rest our faith on one ID..

It was quite a close call amongst three IDs we have narrowed down, but the one we hv chosen has been giving us the most competitive quotaion so far.

And mist importantly, they meet our BUDGET!! Hee... :sport-smiley-004:

Its not easy to meet our budget when most of the things in our new house needed to be done.

Well wish us luck when the works start... We hope we can move in before Christmas cos we wanna celebrate Christmas in our new home :)

We have also bought our next expensive purchase, sealed the deal at the IT Fair yesterday.

Christmas? Do they need so long for the Reno?

A 46" LED Smart TV by Philips with free PHilips Home Theatre System.. Nice... :good:

Really hope the sound quality from the system is above average.. Good thing is their rear speakers are wireless.. So no need to run cable :)

Our last biggest purchase.. Would be our Aircon.. Still thinking should we just do a system three or a system 4....

Yippee!

It was quite a close call amongst three IDs we have narrowed down, but the one we hv chosen has been giving us the most competitive quotaion so far.

And mist importantly, they meet our BUDGET!! Hee... :sport-smiley-004:

best of luck to your reno :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

I think shouldn't be a problem to move in before X-Mas ba. Now only March !!

best of luck to your reno :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

I think shouldn't be a problem to move in before X-Mas ba. Now only March !!

Hi battle,

Yup, we wanna celebrate Christmas in our new home!!

Thank you... How's you reno going so far?

Hi battle,

Yup, we wanna celebrate Christmas in our new home!!

Thank you... How's you reno going so far?

Mine still long way to go. Next week will be my 1st appt. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Think will only collect keys mid May.

Seems like not much people move in yet :D

Hope to get it renovate by end of this month and move in later :sport-smiley-004:

Hi casa,

which block are you staying? =)

Hi Ling,

I stay blk 424 3rm have been staying there since kid well have grown to like that area there.

Well which block are u staying in??U been staying in that area for long time??

I really regret having my toilet door in MBR fix by HDB :bangwall: it gets in the way of me constructing vanity top and sink :bangwall: Thus have it removed :sport-smiley-004:

I wonder if your sink in common toilet same as mine :furious: seeing it just make me boil......Arggggggg so small even my goldfish unable to swim within

Flooring done by HDB except they don't do the window at svc yard :bangwall:

TODAY is Contract Signing day!

Met up with our ID to go through the paperworks one more time.. :sport-smiley-004:

After shaking hands and giving each other a BIG smile.. :P we went to Soon Bee Huat Showroom to view and select our Homogeneous tiles.

We already have our colour theme in mind - Black, Grey, Purple and White. :D

When we entered the showroom, we looked in awe (again).. :jawdrop: like how we looked in awe when we first stepped into a Baby hyperstore and saw so many strollers infront of us.. same feeling with the tiles.

tiles07.jpg

We walked a few rounds and finally decided on two tiles that will fit our theme.

Too bad we can't re do our toilet tiles (at least for now) as we have to wait for 3 years before we can change anything to prevent warranty from being void by HDB if defects should arise due to our actions. LOVeeee the shiny mosaic tile... :wub:

My hubby took the chance to have a peek at their showroom on level 2 while Mummy waited below with baby sleeping.. :)

Boy the showroom looked good! When hubby came down, he seemed really excited..

He fished some ideas for our bathroom vanity tops.

vanitytop02.th.jpg

vanitytop01.th.jpg

We reserved the tiles and took a sample with us.. We didnt know that we could take samples home.. :D

After that, we head down to Europa to have a feel at the different wallpapers.. one gentleman served us and he was asking what we liked. We both gave different replies and he said this is always the case for husbands and wives.. please compromise! :argue:

LOL

I was ok with the designs my hubby suggested, Surprisingly, he was ok with mine as well after we saw other designs.

Husbands and wives! :rolleyes:

Sidetracking..

Along the way, two ladies came in and I think the gentleman knew them, or at least one of them. he passed us to his colleagues and began introducing Korean Wallpapers.. and also asking why so many people request for these wallpapers.. blah blah.. But the interesting thing that my hubby noticed was that the two ladies tried to chat up with him.. asking things like if he still goes to nightspots and is he married. :notti: Looking at how the gentleman try to avoid the questions was rather hilarious! :D

Back to topic.. :P

We got a few ideas of how we want to have our wallpaper designs on our TV Console, Dining Area and Bed Board. We might also want to look into adding a bit of borders in our lil' girl's room. The gentleman mentioned that it is a waste of money honestly to put wallpaper in a baby's room for now as they will mess up the wallpaper (eventually) and they dont understand. Bright coloured paint colours will do the job! And also more economical..

Here's some of them..

Designs for our TV Console and Dining Area...

wallpaper03.th.jpg

wallpaper01o.th.jpg

Continue on next post...

Edited by Mummy Ling

Design for Baby's room...

wallpaper15q.th.jpg

wallpaper13li.th.jpg

wallpaper12z.th.jpg

Finally, we ended our Saturday with a visit to Exclusive Homes again to get our coffee table this time.

Looove the extension as we could use it for parties.. ;)

coffeetable01.th.jpg

I still can't get my Fish Hook Lamp.. :(

Hubs say if I wanna get it, make sure I can print Money first!! :no:

:furious:

Edited by Mummy Ling

Hi Ling,

I stay blk 424 3rm have been staying there since kid well have grown to like that area there.

Well which block are u staying in??U been staying in that area for long time??

I really regret having my toilet door in MBR fix by HDB :bangwall: it gets in the way of me constructing vanity top and sink :bangwall: Thus have it removed :sport-smiley-004:

I wonder if your sink in common toilet same as mine :furious: seeing it just make me boil......Arggggggg so small even my goldfish unable to swim within

Flooring done by HDB except they don't do the window at svc yard :bangwall:

HELLO NEIGHBOUR!! :D

YA the doors r really poorly designed.. I think the person designing it must b very skinny :P

It is ridiculous, and the space for the common room becos of the PD door is.. Ermm... sigh...

We will also b removing it!

AND I ALSO WONDER Y THEY DONT DO THE SERVICE YARD WINDOW!!!

They do all the proper grills for safety reason but they think it is actually safe to hv the service yard open? lol

Well at least we r given a choice to do windows/grills? Almost everyone is doing it.. keke...

Edited by Mummy Ling

HELLO NEIGHBOUR!! :D

YA the doors r really poorly designed.. I think the person designing it must b very skinny :P

It is ridiculous, and the space for the common room becos of the PD door is.. Ermm... sigh...

We will also b removing it!

AND I ALSO WONDER Y THEY DONT DO THE SERVICE YARD WINDOW!!!

They do all the proper grills for safety reason but they think it is actually safe to hv the service yard open? lol

Well at least we r given a choice to do windows/grills? Almost everyone is doing it.. keke...

Hello Ling,

I suppose we are living in the same block and same stack given the same view from my air con latch!haha..

We consulted a FSM too, the main concern is actually the kitchen opening directly facing the main door :(

Overrall, stack 303 is good.. given a "wealth collection point" directly infront of our stack.

Regards,

WOW...

After a very long while, I am back again.. Gosh, so many things to post!

That's the thing about lagging.. if you start lagging, u lose the momentum and it suddenly comes to a STOP.

Well, thanks to my hubby who keeps "pushing me on" literally, nagging, asking me why have I not updated the blog?! :P

Oh well, here goes...

After visitng Europa to look at the wallpaper and like any other Singaporeans, we asked ourselves, do we want to spend that $120 per roll of wallpaper to spice up our home?

And of course, the answer was YES we still want the wallpaper effect but NO, we don't want to pay that much money. So of course the hunt for THE ONE came about again. Hubby did alot of research (again), via website and renotalk, to see if there are more economical alternatives and finally found out that the website TAOBAO could just be the deal. When we went into www.taobao.com, we were so lost. At least I was, unless my Mandarin was particularly good! :bangwall: Well, thank God there is Hanyu Pinyin in my Computer, so I could still find my way around it!!

Hubby spent hours every night surfing Taobao and told me to try and figure out if there is any wallpapers I like. Well, we chose 2 (eventually) after many hours of surfing through. I swear my eyes went BONKERS @.@ by the end of the day. Gosh!!! :jawdrop:

Wallpaper chosen for the Mirror and TV Console side of wall (LP1608)

hallze.jpg

Did you know how " :~ " hard it is to find Black background wallpapers?? OMG.. :bangwall:

We wanted a Modern Baroque theme (hehe.. found out this is the theme of our home after much research by hubby again!). So it had to be a darker shade than the rest to bring out the mirror which we are going to place at the dining area, the chandelier which we are going to get and as well as the TV console.

Wallpaper chosen for our MBR headboard side of wall

masterbedroomt.jpg

Our wall colour would most likely be white and grey so we wanted a wallpaper that could blend into these colours as well as the odd shape at the headboard area. Will show pictures on why it is odd.

masterbedroomx.jpg

As you can see in the picture, we had a little dilemma issue whether we should leave Wall B and Wall C alone. But both Hubs and I agree that once we have our wallpaper on Wall A, it will definitely look weird with a line of patterns suddenly stopped and an empty white space would be seen on Wall B. So in the end, we decided: "Sorry Walls, you cannot be spared! You will have to be wallpaper-ed as well!!" :dancingqueen:

Edited by Mummy Ling

List of Purchases Part 1

Magic Koil King size bed from IMM on 5 Feb 2012

3 Seaters Sofa from Xclusive Home on 26 Feb 2012

sofawo.jpg

PHILIPS 6606 Smart LED TV from Audiohouse IT Fair on 10 Mar 2012

philipsp.jpg

Bundled with free PHILIPS HTS5540 New DVD/DivX Home Cinema System

hts5540.jpg

MHI Inverter Sys-3 Aircon from Gain City during their promo on 1 Apr 2012

Panasonic NR-BW465XSSG 2-Door (4 ticks) Fridge from the Foods & Electronics Fair on 7 Apr 2012

fridgecq.jpg

Bi-fold doors for 2 washrooms from Besglas Homedoor IMM on 14 Apr 2012

Toilet & bathroom acessories from Spazio Bath & Kitchens on 14 Apr 2012

LED downlights & Amasco(3pcs)/Alpha(1pcs) fans with BL Lights on 15 Apr 2012

- This shop should be given an award for the most number of visits by us!

fans.jpg

Baby Decor at Ikea on 14 Apr 2012 to replace Wife's expensive idea to get the hanging tent Marrakesh by HABA

MBR Mirror Cabinet and Bennington Multi Point Heater on 21 Apr 2012

A pair of Purple Soap Dispenser from Ikea on 28 Apr 2012

Edited by Mummy Ling

My List of Purchases so far...

Bought our Magic Koil bed at IMM on 5 Feb 2012

Bought our Sofa at Xclusive Home on 26 Feb 2012

sofawo.jpg

Bought our PHILIPS 6000 series Smart LED TV from Audiohouse IT Fair on 10 Mar 2012

philipsp.jpg

Comes with PHILIPS HTS5540 New DVD/DivX Home Cinema System

hts5540.jpg

Finally got our MHI Inverter Sys-3 Aircon from Gain City during their promo on 1 Apr 2012

Bought our Panasonic NR-BW465XSSG 2-Door (4 ticks) Fridge from the Foods & Electronics Fair on 7 Apr 2012

fridgecq.jpg

Purchased our new doors for two washrooms from Besglas Homedoor on 14 Apr 2012

Finalised our Toilet acessories from Spazio Bath & Kitchens on 14 Apr 2012

Finalised our LED downlights & Amasco(3pcs)/Alpha(1pcs) fans with BL Lights on 15 Apr 2012 - This shop should be given an award for the most number of visits by us!

Bought Baby Decor at Ikea on 14 Apr 2012 to replace Wife's expensive idea to get the hanging tent Marrakesh by HABA

Bought our MBR Mirror Cabinet and Bennington Multi Point Heater on 21 Apr 2012

Itchy hands bought a pair of Purple soap dispenser at Ikea on 28 Apr 2012

Bought a 8kg White Direct Drive LG Washer F1422TD on 28 Apr 2012

Confirmed our Citigas Dryer only (no heater after much consideration) on 30 Apr 2012

Bought Bodum Pavina glasses x 6 from Amazon on 1 May 2012

Bought Delphin Cleaner on 6 May 2012 to keep our home in tip top condition

Still many many more to go....

Halo Ling.U r back in the forum tot U went MIA :sport-smiley-004:

So when u completing your reno??Any hse warming party :dribble: