Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

An Audiophile's Mid Century Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks Pete. End Nov is great but a little bit tight for timing. Could I trouble you to PM me the contact for your acoustics guy? That'll be really helpful. Thanks.

hi there - mind to share where you buy the striped panel for your wall clocks?

is it made from wood?

cheers,

carrotcakegirl

This is the imported Swiss wood, it is a spare piece from my acoustic treatment for my home theatre system. I don't think it will be worth your while to bring a single panel in. But maybe your contractor can fashion something similar.

Details of the wood are posted previously in this thread and you can see my blog too....

This is the imported Swiss wood, it is a spare piece from my acoustic treatment for my home theatre system. I don't think it will be worth your while to bring a single panel in. But maybe your contractor can fashion something similar.

Details of the wood are posted previously in this thread and you can see my blog too....

thank you for your prompt response!!! :D

Hi Pete, regarding your post #217 on TV being set too high, what about master bedroom LED TVs? Where the "seats" are actually your Queen/King sized bed? Does this same rule apply?

My LCD TV will have to be placed really low if base on this rule. The eye angle (while lying in bed with a pillow/bolster propped behind you) will be different when seated in upright position, am I right?

Thanks Pete. End Nov is great but a little bit tight for timing. Could I trouble you to PM me the contact for your acoustics guy? That'll be really helpful. Thanks.

Suggest you join xtremeplace.com, his nick is grarrgrar or something like that - his name is Nick. Just tell him I sent you.

As for the demo session.

Both you and weakpig can come.

PM me your contacts in xtremeplace and I will keep you all informed when I come back from USA.

Edited by petetherock

Check out his website:

http://www.soundzipper.com/

Look for Nick..

Join XP, then see some of the builds done there:

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=114164.msg844027#new

Edited by petetherock

weak_pig & Desember

As mentioned,

If you want to come over, please go to xtremeplace.com, then pm me there.

I don't log in here much when I am away.

photo-18.jpg

It's here... I bought this off UK amazon, but the cost is similar to the prices locally, at Robinsons etc. There is a shop carrying this in Holland Village, but it's the 1 litre version. This is the 1.6l one.

Saw the red version at Robinsons, very sexy :sport-smiley-004: Just to check, since you order from Amazon UK, the plug and voltage are suitable for Singapore, right?

Saw the red version at Robinsons, very sexy :sport-smiley-004: Just to check, since you order from Amazon UK, the plug and voltage are suitable for Singapore, right?

UK plugs = Singapore plugs...

The Robinsons one is a 1l version IIRC.. mine is 1.8l. Otherwise it should be the same.

Boils very quickly.

Very happy with it.

UK plugs = Singapore plugs...

The Robinsons one is a 1l version IIRC.. mine is 1.8l. Otherwise it should be the same.

Boils very quickly.

Very happy with it.

Thanks for the info. Yah, the Robinsons one is 1L.

I have been asked about where the fan can be bought for $600. Well, that is impossible now. The price has gone up exponentially.

More important is to get a good installer.