Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

An Audiophile's Mid Century Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Other cable sources include various shops in Adelphi, which carry most of the popular brands.

This guy in xtremeplace.com also sells stuff from Monoprice, which are very value for money stuff, which you can buy from him or import yourself via vpost.

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=57721.0

The sales section at XP also sells plenty of good value 2nd hand and new cables.

Edited by petetherock

Hi Pete,

Is there any difference in the picture/sound quality if i use those free HDMI cables connect to from my AMP to TV or I need to buy those expensive branded HDMI cable? The seller told me its better to use the branded one ($80 for 1.5M) then free HDMI cable.

Is it true or he trying to smoke me? TIA

See what I posted just now, and read this thread too:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/hdmi-discussion-thread-ii-%7Bconsolidated%7D-3162624.html

I use a $150 audioquest HDMI cable from my amp to the tv, aiborg china made ones for some, it's slim and goes round corners nicely. Monoprice cables for the rest. These cost under 20-30$ a metre.

Cheers.

Edited by petetherock

Some words on using Nine Lives:

A friend on the hifi used the same contractor, Andy & Donald from Nine Lives: http://www.9lives.com.sg/

Having a bro initiated his renovations before me was a real boon. Then subsequently employing his ID as mine was a good decision, as the tricks, tweaks and revisions and ultimately all the painful lessons learnt allowed my project to go through a little smoother.

The carpentry was good 9/10

Will use him for more work.

Balcony:

Good work and a prompt response to fix the warped piece. I really like going out to the balcony.

8.5/10

DSC_2992.jpg

Blinds:

Again nice stuff, and the color is good. The man used a drill which collects dust, so the area is quite clean. 9/10

DSC_2991.jpg

Polishing:

Good work again for marble and parquet 9/10

IMG_3075.jpg

Painting:

Good work again 9/10

Nine Lives have very good workers. They are hard workers, smart and don't leave behind things to fix. I can't say the same for the electrician's team. He seems too busy? His guys are not helping his business if they need to come back again and again.

Ceiling:

Here the difficulty starts... between the ceiling man, electrician and carpenter, there isn't enough talk, so some sawing of the struts had to be done, which may weaken the well constructed ceiling. Would have scored higher, if not for that. 7.5/10

Electrician:

Sigh.... what can I say? After 6-7 visits, last night, I found one of the cove lights to be not working, again...

I don't want to be difficult, and I really wanted to ignore the uneven light - not really fixed after the long Saturday, but I was too tired to make him do more... but really shoddy work guys...

Fan was shaky, and needed my insistence to fix the kotoku. Switches not well made - some need a firm press to work. If I had known, I would not have changed them.

The Kotuko fan needs all four screws to make it firm, make sure your contractor does a good job.

Some words on using Nine Lives:

A friend on the hifi used the same contractor, Andy & Donald from Nine Lives: http://www.9lives.com.sg/

Having a bro initiated his renovations before me was a real boon. Then subsequently employing his ID as mine was a good decision, as the tricks, tweaks and revisions and ultimately all the painful lessons learnt allowed my project to go through a little smoother.

The carpentry was good 9/10

Will use him for more work.

Balcony:

Good work and a prompt response to fix the warped piece. I really like going out to the balcony.

8.5/10

DSC_2992.jpg

Blinds:

Again nice stuff, and the color is good. The man used a drill which collects dust, so the area is quite clean. 9/10

DSC_2991.jpg

Polishing:

Good work again for marble and parquet 9/10

IMG_3075.jpg

Painting:

Good work again 9/10

Nine Lives have very good workers. They are hard workers, smart and don't leave behind things to fix. I can't say the same for the electrician's team. He seems too busy? His guys are not helping his business if they need to come back again and again.

Ceiling:

Here the difficulty starts... between the ceiling man, electrician and carpenter, there isn't enough talk, so some sawing of the struts had to be done, which may weaken the well constructed ceiling. Would have scored higher, if not for that. 7.5/10

Electrician:

Sigh.... what can I say? After 6-7 visits, last night, I found one of the cove lights to be not working, again...

I don't want to be difficult, and I really wanted to ignore the uneven light - not really fixed after the long Saturday, but I was too tired to make him do more... but really shoddy work guys...

Fan was shaky, and needed my insistence to fix the kotoku. Switches not well made - some need a firm press to work. If I had known, I would not have changed them.

The Kotuko fan needs all four screws to make it firm, make sure your contractor does a good job.

Hi Pete, where you got the blind from and how much does it cost? I intend to have similar blind on my balcony.

Silent continuous movement clock (no ticking) with temperature and humidity indicator:

IMG_3112.jpg

Hi Peter, May I know what is the brand for this clock and where did you get it from?

Thanks.

Hi Peter, May I know what is the brand for this clock and where did you get it from?

Thanks.

It's from amazon: Retro Multiplex Non-Ticking Silent Wall Clock with Built in Thermometer [Celsius]/Hygrometer (Brown)

They only have the Farhenhiet model now.

It's from amazon: Retro Multiplex Non-Ticking Silent Wall Clock with Built in Thermometer [Celsius]/Hygrometer (Brown)

They only have the Farhenhiet model now.

Thanks. Will check them out!