Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

An Audiophile's Mid Century Home

i bought a panasonic U series 50" FHD for 999, but it is a display set that was used for 4 months. comes with full warranty though. i think a new set now sells for about 1300. nothing fancy about this though, no 3D, no fancy statisitcs, got a LAN connection but only connected to facebook and shoutcast. i use my china media box to stream my network movie though, so i do not need any fancy feature TV.

Ha....thanks. That's what i will be doing also...watch streaming movie only. Doubt i will have time to watch free 2 air programmes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Buy the biggest and best TV you can afford. You will be looking at it for a long time... if you regret it, it won't spoil and you can't refund or upsize easily.

I paid 8k for my 50" Pioneer a while back, no regrets.

Polishing...

IMG_3075.jpg

It's a race to meet the dinner gathering tomorrow!

The bed from Maxcoil, with the Nyatoh wood frame and hydraulic... Small mistake... the bed is a bit too tall..

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

From AaFrenz in AMK. The model is "New Haven".

More pics of the wall: IMG_3095.jpg

The console is in today...

Another snafu... the wall plugs are installed too high...

My dining area wall... with the Sunkiss painted back panels of the Billy Bookcases...

IMG_3098.jpg

Your DIY Billy bookcase is very nice!

Getting the back board painted is a matter of timing...

The IKEA guy delivers the bookcases, and installs the other stuff, and my workers quickly paint it... the IKEA people won't paint it obviously and they are the best people to install the stuff...

But even my contractor liked it :)

Getting the back board painted is a matter of timing...

The IKEA guy delivers the bookcases, and installs the other stuff, and my workers quickly paint it... the IKEA people won't paint it obviously and they are the best people to install the stuff...

But even my contractor liked it :)

hi pete,

i assume the bookcase are painted using water based paint. do you encounter any issues, e.g. scratches, finger prints on the paintjob?

Nope... Dulux paint, good job. Best to leave it to the pros in case you are considering a DIY. IMO, unless you are really on a tight budget, time and effort are worth rewarding. Get a pro.

Nope... Dulux paint, good job. Best to leave it to the pros in case you are considering a DIY. IMO, unless you are really on a tight budget, time and effort are worth rewarding. Get a pro.

even if the pro cost more than the ikea shelf...hehe....just kidding.

yeah... i paint my door grille and 4 shoe racks. compared to the book shelf i know what i did previously is the simpler job.

photo-18.jpg

It's here... I bought this off UK amazon, but the cost is similar to the prices locally, at Robinsons etc. There is a shop carrying this in Holland Village, but it's the 1 litre version. This is the 1.6l one.

photo-18.jpg

It's here... I bought this off UK amazon, but the cost is similar to the prices locally, at Robinsons etc. There is a shop carrying this in Holland Village, but it's the 1 litre version. This is the 1.6l one.

wahh.. i really like this!

Just a note on switches:

Big switches are in right now and I like them too. But do try your new switches, as some are not so solid in feel. The LeGrand ones are more soft touch, and the response is less solid or 'click clack' than say a corresponding MK. I really was not too impressed with the new Legrand switches for my cooker, so it was a good thing I kept the original MK ones which came with my unit. I got my contractor to switch back to them when they came for some touch up work today.

IMG_3870.jpg

When mounting speakers on the wall, make sure your wall and the screws or mounts can bear the weight - use something with about 20% more limit. Then you will need something behind it to avoid vibrations. The ideal height for surround side speakers is about 2-3 feet above the ears when seated.

I am looking for a couple of items, does anyone know where to get them? Thanks

1 - hammock - I intend to suspend this between the two walls in my balcony or one with a stand is fine too

2 - clothes line - again I intend to drill them and suspend them between two walls in the rather large balcony.

Thanks

Hi Pete,

Hi pete, perhaps you would like to look at backcountry.com, type : hammock and a whole bunch of hammocks are there for your viewing pleasure. I've gotten a couple of items from them,a ski jacket, yoga pants, yoga tops, a pair of snow boots and a backpack. They're great! Love them! I ship them via vpost .

Sorry I can't help you on the other item. Btw, thanks for your detailed write up on setting up a sound system at home. Greatly appreciated. I do love a good sound system and will head down to adelphi to get some good stuff. ;)