Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopej

H.o.m.e. @ Serangoon North

By the way, I am really very satisfied with my contractor. I complained to him about my aircon in mbr not to my liking at 4pm. The problem was immediately resolved when i went to the hse jus now at 7pm..... Hahaha.... He is definitely worth my recommendation to all my friends.... :-)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi hi! Can share which range of mattress did u buy from OM? How much? I wanted to buy 2sets of queen bed with storage bed frame for my sons too...Tks!

Hi angelbutterfly,

I got a queen size storage bed with high headboard at ard 750. Never get their mattress :-) My mother previously bot hers at 600 plus at seahorse offer. the headboard not as high.

I am so mad with myself and my contractor.

I think I am blind. I never see the choice of pure white in the Nippon colour book. I chose Lily White, thinking its the whitest available and emailed to my contractor who never read my question to him (Is lily white the whitest?) and went ahead to paint all my ceiling and walls with lily white........ Now I am so mad.. i need to pay extra just to have them white after paying $1400 for my 4rm flat.....

If i can settle with just repainting my ceiling for living room and kitchen white, my contractor will absorb the additional charges. Otherwise, I have to pay extra for labour plus new paint.... I am so so so so mad,,,,,,,,,,

Can anyone give me advise????????????????????????????

I have attach some photos of my hse paint work.......

My living room

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

My Children Bedroom, poor lighting, cant see very well....

Picture007.jpg

Hello neigbour Jopej, mistakes do happen.

My ID also has the same problem, he doesnt read my sms properly.... what makes matter worse, he goes ahead to do what he thinks is most convenient to him. As a result, I am experiencing many reworks. Sianz.....

.... but cheer up, it will be less stressful once we look on the positive side and move on ...:dancingqueen:

Jia You!

:yamseng:

Hello neigbour Jopej, mistakes do happen.

My ID also has the same problem, he doesnt read my sms properly.... what makes matter worse, he goes ahead to do what he thinks is most convenient to him. As a result, I am experiencing many reworks. Sianz.....

.... but cheer up, it will be less stressful once we look on the positive side and move on ...:dancingqueen:

Jia You!

:yamseng:

Hi potatoes,

Oh dear.. so are u expected to pay for the rework??

actually my hb is very upset even when the contractor never request us to pay for the rework previously. cos he thinks that the additional cost incurred due to contractors fault, will in turn be incurred on us when we asked for additional items. he will quote us higher instead of giving discounts.... :-(

Hi potatoes,

actually my hb is very upset even when the contractor never request us to pay for the rework previously. cos he thinks that the additional cost incurred due to contractors fault, will in turn be incurred on us when we asked for additional items. he will quote us higher instead of giving discounts.... :-(

I had some issues with this too, cuz sometimes my ID is a bit forgetful and then he will forget this, or forget that, until we remind him again.

If there is black and white, like in the case in your email, I don't see why you should pay. Cuz you did ask him, and if he choose not to answer and take the most convenient route out.

I agree though, that you may lose the goodwill that you've built up with him then next time less discount already. So sad right, like we end up at the mercy of the contractors/IDs.

Hi potatoes,

True.... They pass their fault to us in the form of higher cost. I have made it clear that I knot going to pay them for rework. Perhaps, it is my fault, then I will pay for rework.

strikingreality and potatoes,

Ya.. at their mercy... so afraid that the contractors mite jus ignore us and run away if we got nasty with them. my cousin got into trouble last time. they paid their contractor 80% the first day they start the masonary work and when things started to go wrong.. he refuse to change and jus turn away and not return... my cousin was left with his hse incomplete and have to pay another contractor to get the rework done and to complete the other necessary work. so much money went down the drain...

Finally see my lights up.. was informed last nite to bring all my lights to the hse. as it was already dark, we ended up bringing torchlight along to ensure we place the correct light for fixing in the correct room.. :-)

living room

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

bedrooms

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Hai.. another lesson learnt...

Forgot to specify the number of switches to control downlights at my living room. All my 6 downlights were controlled by 1 switch.. either all on or all off.... Sad.. Hope contractor can look into it..

Edited by jopej