Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenjo

Of Grey, White And Neutral

Since there was an interest in my living area, here are some pictures of it.

The TV console area is the perpendicular corner of my L-shaped kitchen sink counter and wardrobe. All in 1! :D

P6100056_zps9b4447a4.jpg

As you can see from the picture, on the right of the TV wall is the walkway to the study and bedrooms while on its left, it is the kitchen sink counter top.

TV WALL

P6160065_zpsd99e03d0.jpg

Just realised that I don't have that many completed pictures of this area. Partly becos I was having my "confinement" when it was done.

Never mind, will post more pre move-in pictures from different angles before I move in officially!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I do not have it in soft copy but all in all, our bill came up to $56+k, excluding lighting, furniture and other household items. I did not ask for a second quote from other contractors as he was recommended by our uncle who did the layout for us.

That being said, the bill might look a little expensive but I am satisfied with the work done. Even the carpentary works, which seem to be a headache for some people with other contractors / IDs, was done reasonably well! No complains at all.

As I was heavily pregnant during the reno process and could only go over during the weekends, much of the supervision was done by our contractor. We really relied on him alot!

Has gotten him to do our study too, so another $3k gone. hehehe

hello, can share your quote?

loving the new pictures u posted - the layout is totally fab =D wished i had seen your layout earlier =P den maybe can incorporate into our own as well since we got similar layout haha.. but den again.... it would probably be out of our budget as well =X

but loving the look~~ more pictures *drool*

anyway - with regards to ur door comment - i think white stripes on the door would be really nice n spcl - esp since ur house seems to have a theme of stripes (metal stripes on white wardrobe?) as well >.<

curiously, r u painting the metal door too? hehehe..

Thanks girl!

The door has been painted grey... I didn't expect it to be done so soon... will go take some pictures tomorrow but contractor say cannot paint the white stripe as the door is already painted. =(

I guess I will have to think of an alternative then!

The metal door... I wanted to... grey as well but after hearing what contractor say... it will be too troublesome. Don't think it is nice to impose on them so last minute. He already did alot of last minute things for us.

Did you paint yours?

loving the new pictures u posted - the layout is totally fab =D wished i had seen your layout earlier =P den maybe can incorporate into our own as well since we got similar layout haha.. but den again.... it would probably be out of our budget as well =X

but loving the look~~ more pictures *drool*

anyway - with regards to ur door comment - i think white stripes on the door would be really nice n spcl - esp since ur house seems to have a theme of stripes (metal stripes on white wardrobe?) as well >.<

curiously, r u painting the metal door too? hehehe..

Our main door has been painted to the grey which was selected and this is the transformation.

From this... P1090443.jpg to...

VIEW FROM OUTSIDE

P9220502_zps3cc83469.jpg

Found the door a little too plain so I will have to add the white stripe which I mentioned earlier. The current colour of the gate got to go. That will be my DIY project when I move over. Let me try living with it first! =P

VIEW FROM INSIDE

P9220504_zpsba56c4b7.jpg

The door stopper provided by my contractor is an eye sore. Shall try to get rid of it too!

Edited by kenjo

As our kitchen is very much in the open, I hope to minimise the number of things on my sink countertop. Saw some other reno-forummers talking about their OXO products and decided to check out the brand from US. Everything looks so good!

Have since accumulated a list of at least 18 Good Grip products. Am sure Ken is not going to be pleased with that! hahaha

These are just a few items which I have gotten through my BIL who just came back from NY, Big Apple. Will get more interesting stuff soon!

01. OXO Sink Caddy + Soap Dispensing Dish Scrub + Soap Dispensing Dish Brush + Soap Dispenser

SinkOrganiser_zps641b4e7f.jpg

What's lacking is a normal sponge! hehe

02. OXO Large Sink Mat ::

SinkMat_zps9aa13d1a.jpg

To prevent any accidental slip and falls... in the sink! It acts as a drying mat too!

03. OXO Measuring Cup ::

MeasuringCup_zpsa1d71472.png

Check out the video to see how cool this measuring cup is!

Edited by kenjo

Our main door has been painted to the grey which was selected and this is the transformation.

From this... P1090443.jpg to...

VIEW FROM OUTSIDE

P9220502_zps3cc83469.jpg

Found the door a little too plain so I will have to add the white stripe which I mentioned earlier. The current colour of the gate got to go. That will be my DIY project when I move over. Let me try living with it first! =P

VIEW FROM INSIDE

P9220504_zpsba56c4b7.jpg

The door stopper provided by my contractor is an eye sore. Shall try to get rid of it too!

Remember to share how u will be diying! i'm sorely tempted to do that to our gate too hahaha

Actually the gate isn't that bad with a white.

If want to repaint, got to remove any existing paint on it first... then apply some primer thingy then can paint. Seems like a tedious project. Sigh...

Remember to share how u will be diying! i'm sorely tempted to do that to our gate too hahaha

Can pay extra to get ur contractor to do? Diy needs a lot of time n effort plua fear that skill no gd. (at least I got this fear when it comes to my own place). If spray paint directly can't work hoh?

That is another thought. Spray paint I think cannot... must remove the existing paint on the whole gate first. Think I will pay a bit more to get painter to do it. I think the painter is gonna hate me. Kept getting him to do paint job one after another. He must be thinking y cannot finish the paint job at a go. Hehehe Thanks for ur suggestion, originalbread!

Can pay extra to get ur contractor to do? Diy needs a lot of time n effort plua fear that skill no gd. (at least I got this fear when it comes to my own place). If spray paint directly can't work hoh?

Edited by kenjo

That is another thought. Spray paint I think cannot... must remove the existing paint on the whole gate first. Think I will pay a bit more to get painter to do it. I think the painter is gonna hate me. Kept getting him to do paint job one after another. He must be thinking y cannot finish the paint job at a go. Hehehe Thanks for ur suggestion, originalbread!

as long as you compensate him, should be ok? i think they don't mind painting but probably hate sanding. I was trying to diy some restoration and never got beyond sanding even one area.

True True! I shall ask my contractor! If not, I shall approach the handy man uncle I know! Think it is the sanding that can kill! hahaha

as long as you compensate him, should be ok? i think they don't mind painting but probably hate sanding. I was trying to diy some restoration and never got beyond sanding even one area.