Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joeytcw

Shipping Furnitures From Bkk

Am planning to get furnitures from BKK, MBK. Was there at level 5. They have very nice furnitures with very attractive prices.

Has anyone bought and ship from there before? Any recommendations on the shippers to use?

Greatly appreciate it if anyone can help out with this.

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

are u referring to the very big furniture store in mbk or the smaller store there and what kind of furniture you think of sending it back to sg ?

Am planning to get furnitures from BKK, MBK. Was there at level 5. They have very nice furnitures with very attractive prices.

Has anyone bought and ship from there before? Any recommendations on the shippers to use?

Greatly appreciate it if anyone can help out with this.

Thank you.

Edited by rayfox

are u referring to the very big furniture store in mbk or the smaller store there and what kind of furniture you think of sending it back to sg ?

I know the huge store on level 5 MBK is call INDEX. They also sell a great variety of home accessories. However, I'm not thinking of that but the other smaller ones which are on level 5. Am looking at buying a sofa, dining set and a TV console. Depending on how easy and reliable the shipping is, I may be getting more.

I know the huge store on level 5 MBK is call INDEX. They also sell a great variety of home accessories. However, I'm not thinking of that but the other smaller ones which are on level 5. Am looking at buying a sofa, dining set and a TV console. Depending on how easy and reliable the shipping is, I may be getting more.

The companies usually have a shipping company that they work closely with, if they do ship to Singapore. You can ask them to quote you a price, including shipping first.

This way, you really know the full cost of buying the furniture in BKK and whether it is worth it to ship back.

Remember that since you are buying high value items (more than SGD400), you will also be taxed 7% GST on the value of the goods (including the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) plus other chargeable costs and the duty payable (if applicable)) by Singapore Customs.

Edited by strikingreality

Since you not buying from index so the furniture will not be in flatpack then , and one thing to take note is that will u be there when the furniture is being shipped, so that u know that it in prefect condition before they are sent to cargo cuz just like in sg the one u saw in the showroom is alway the best quality one.

The companies usually have a shipping company that they work closely with, if they do ship to Singapore. You can ask them to quote you a price, including shipping first.

This way, you really know the full cost of buying the furniture in BKK and whether it is worth it to ship back.

Remember that since you are buying high value items (more than SGD400), you will also be taxed 7% GST on the value of the goods (including the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) plus other chargeable costs and the duty payable (if applicable)) by Singapore Customs.

Hey strikingreality,

Did you just get back from BKK? Or are you going this month? Just remembered you were going in August....

Hey strikingreality,

Did you just get back from BKK? Or are you going this month? Just remembered you were going in August....

Just got back last week. You can check out my blog for more updates. :)

i rather have index than ikea in sg

The Thais sure feel otherwise. Ikea is finally opening in Thailand, and they can't wait!

Since you not buying from index so the furniture will not be in flatpack then , and one thing to take note is that will u be there when the furniture is being shipped, so that u know that it in prefect condition before they are sent to cargo cuz just like in sg the one u saw in the showroom is alway the best quality one.

Well, I love Index too. In fact, I may also buy from Index. So you are saying that the furniture in Index can be flatpacked? That will make shipping so much easier.

what i mean is that the furniture in index that can be dismantle will be all flatpacked free delivery for 7000bth and above but u better check to make sure they will sent to the forwarder and not just bangkok residential address , if u can try to ask the forwarder company to draw a map of their location cuz it seem all thailand delivery guy need a map to know where the place is cuz a lot of time all this delivery guy dont even live in bangkok

Well, I love Index too. In fact, I may also buy from Index. So you are saying that the furniture in Index can be flatpacked? That will make shipping so much easier.

Edited by rayfox

actually index is almost the same as ikea. The only difference is that they are made in thailand and not china (ikea). The MBK Index is a very small store only. Design wise actually almost the same as ikea. Personally i didn't find there furniture that cheap but design wise they are modern coz that's where i go to furnish my bkk apt.

when i compare apple to apple, like ikea chest of drawers to Index, same same price lah, the board also chipwood.

If i were u, i'll only buy soft furnishing from there, get them to pack into 4big cartons since i can carry 6luggages each time on Thai, 2 pax. Things i ever carried back include, 2seater sofa, wine cooler, ottoman stool.

Talking about soft furnishings, i think BKK is not the cheapest in terms of fabric and designs. Bed Bath and Beyond have better quality ones from USA. Normally i buy my bedsheets from there but if i want thai silk cushion covers then i'll get from BKK.

Some of you may have been to SB Furniture / Koncept Furniture (sister company of SB) before. You can find their stores at MBK, Central World Plaza etc.

http://www.sb-furniture.com/Sites/index1.html

I visited the Crystal Design Center (CDC) during my last trip to Bangkok. CDC is huge but its about 45-60mins away from town (no thanks to the traffic jams).

http://www.crystaldesigncenter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=10〈=th

http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/shop/crystal-design-center-changing-bangkoks-retail-facade-549821

You can also visit CHIC Republic which is near CDC.

http://www.chicrepublicthai.com/