Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
olessiana

Haiku Kotuku Fan - Any Feedback?

Hi

Interested in buying the fan, does anyone know who has all the different models on display?

Anyone recommend who to buy from that has good price?

Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I just went Goh ah bee yesterday, the price they quote can't match the ones I saw, I can get ard 15% cheaper at another place :)

Can share the place? Pm me.. Ks

I went to Goh ah bee, u home, lite fusion, heritage, universal union, Poh Joo, some others I,can't remember, so far for electronics I guess bro zero from RT shd be the cheapest. For sanitary ware, best buying feel and price shd be heritage!! Got cute Mei Mei serving u also :) very knowledgable as well, price/functionality/specs at their fingertips as well

Thanks for sharing. I got some kitchen and bathroom stuff there, served by a Lian pang Mei Mei. Will be goiing there for more.

Hi

Interested in buying the fan, does anyone know who has all the different models on display?

Anyone recommend who to buy from that has good price?

Thank you

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.. created a profile just so that I am able to post an update on the Haiku ceiling fan, having just purchased the "Kotuku" model in composite white yesterday. Imho, the fantastic form factor and function justifies its high price. I require a total of 7 fans for my condo but due to the restricted ceiling space resulting from the false ceiling and cove lights, it is not possible to fit the Haiku fan in all rooms. I could only install in the living room and master bedroom.

Potential buyers should let their ID or contractor check whether their ceiling space is sufficient to accommodate the 60" blades of the Haiku. (Dimensions available on the official website).

Another point to take note is that for low ceilings (as found in most hdb & condos), opt for the low profile model (249mm) instead of the standard profile model (399mm). This is to minimize the possibility of shadows caused by the cove lights when the ceiling fan is in operation.

I think the forum rules do not allow any post containing commercial info such as retailer's names. I will just say that I bought mine from a bath accessories shop ("Universal XXXXX") along Geylang road which has the "white" version on display. Even better, we actually got to use the remote to switch on the fan and experience the different speed/mode settings...My wife fell in love with it instantly lol).

Both my wife and me felt that their sales personnel are very helpful and friendly without being overly pushy (Imagine being served hot coffee while you are still only browsing around in the shop :). The price is in the region of about SGD$700. Prior to my purchase, I have called up 2 shops selling the Haiku "Kotuku" model and both told me that the price will increase sharply to about SGD$1000 in last week of May 2012. No way for me to verify this, but for those of you who rather not take the risk of this hugh and ridiculous price hike, better go grab your Haiku fan now.

Another point to note is that the "bamboo" version costs almost double the price at between SGD$1200 to SGD$1300... Ouch!!

Wishing all of you a hassle-free renovation, 2 more months to go for mine :)

I just installed a Haiku fan at my dinning room today.

My wife loves the design. I bought 3 units last month. I think it is true the price would go up steeply.

It is energy saving by 50% of the normal fan usage. The reason being the motor is DC as compared to most brands including kdk that uses AC motor.

The price may be a deterrant for some as you can buy 2 or 3 other fans for every 1 haiku fan.

The wind is not as strong kdk fan as I've got 5 kdk stand fans at home to compare. But it is certainly very quiet and the wind strength is good enough for me. For those who prefer very strong wind, stick to kdk and accept the strong wind noise

I've no regret paying for haiku fan. Its an investment.

lyefam, confirm Haiku is not as strong as KDK?

Can't compare kdk stand fan vs haiku ceiling fan. Just my opinion that

1. kdk blow stronger at rpm 97 to 233 compare to haiku at rpm 33 to 172

and

2. consumes more electricity going at 16w to 71w as compare to haiku at min 2w to max 30w.

You google to find out on ac fan motor vs dc fan motor.

Here here are some explanation on the cost diff and energy consumption diff

AC-powered fans have a mechanically simple design that is cheaper to install and maintain, making them cost-effect in the short- or medium-term. However, AC-powered motors also consume more energy and are generally noisier than their DC counterparts.

DC-powered furnaces are more expensive to buy, but use less energy and last longer than AC motors. They are also quieter.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5346027

Can't compare kdk stand fan vs haiku ceiling fan. Just my opinion that

1. kdk blow stronger at rpm 97 to 233 compare to haiku at rpm 33 to 172

and

2. consumes more electricity going at 16w to 71w as compare to haiku at min 2w to max 30w.

You google to find out on ac fan motor vs dc fan motor.

Here here are some explanation on the cost diff and energy consumption diff

AC-powered fans have a mechanically simple design that is cheaper to install and maintain, making them cost-effect in the short- or medium-term. However, AC-powered motors also consume more energy and are generally noisier than their DC counterparts.

DC-powered furnaces are more expensive to buy, but use less energy and last longer than AC motors. They are also quieter.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5346027

The technical specs can be found from kdk and haiku websites. Note that the comparison is between 60" kdk and 60" haiku

hihi all,

i am very very new to this forum and i'll probably be getting a house of my own in probably 6 months time...

i have see some of u mentioning that the price is rising sharply and that is seriously worrying!

i am interested in getting the bamboo one actually....am i able to like "reserve" one in advance...so as to lock in the price...?

any recommended seller?

Hi some,

Heard from the salesperson that the bamboo one is rare locally. Many don't carry. The common ones are the white which is selling $7-800 plus now.. Might rise to $1200 next years

Really look artistic in stationary mode... ;)

Clearance for the fan will be 3m from celling to floor i advise to get the max effect of the wind . And i will advise u go for the 400mm rod ,for a fan to go up $200 bucks the last time i check as its going at $880 now ouch !!

hi there

i'm keen to get a few haiku fans. I called up the official local distributor (spectra or something like that) and was quoted SGD1000 for composite fan and SGD1300 for bamboo! :o

amazing prices. Can anyone recommend a retailer that would be able to offer at a lesser price?

Thanks.

hi there

i'm keen to get a few haiku fans. I called up the official local distributor (spectra or something like that) and was quoted SGD1000 for composite fan and SGD1300 for bamboo! :o

amazing prices. Can anyone recommend a retailer that would be able to offer at a lesser price?

Thanks.

Hi night, go check out universal