Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Our Home At Fernvale Vista 2

PB door is always a good idea if space is limited. I think it will go every well for toilet, store room door or even service yard. As I only know PD door as quite a few design but most or all are not transparent as it suppose to prevent ppl from seeing through. So not not too sure it will be a good idea for ur kitchen door, am afraid it will make ur kitchen look like a box and will look dark. Or maybe the design you choose is glass panel which u are able to see through the maybe it will be ok. By the way, how much did uget ur PD door and where? Am thinking of changing my MBR toilet door cause I feel the stupid wooden door is too big and troublesome.

Or maybe u wan to consider using glass slide or swing door. As ur fridge is on the right, maybe u can make ur swing door swing toward the left, this way, the door won't hit the fridge base and u can keep the door open. Provided on ur left, is only cabinet at least u can keep the door open and close if u need to take things from the cabinet. This is just my thought. It's still up to you. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Skylimit,

I got my door from Vyy, total damage is SGD$499 x 2 - SGD$998, I am using the big frame type which I believe you have to use the big frame type too. As long as your door more than 900mm it will be SGD$449 and additional $50 for big frame type. I am changing my MBR toilet door and putting the kitchen main enterance.

You are right, I opt to swing the door to left so wun hit the fridge base and with PD door, it will not hit the cabinet as well.

I am also using the clear tempered glass for the PD door as I dont think it will look nice if use the other colour.

Regards

Desmond

Hi Skylimit,

I got my door from Vyy, total damage is SGD$499 x 2 - SGD$998, I am using the big frame type which I believe you have to use the big frame type too. As long as your door more than 900mm it will be SGD$449 and additional $50 for big frame type. I am changing my MBR toilet door and putting the kitchen main enterance.

You are right, I opt to swing the door to left so wun hit the fridge base and with PD door, it will not hit the cabinet as well.

I am also using the clear tempered glass for the PD door as I dont think it will look nice if use the other colour.

Regards

Desmond

Bro,

Do u have a pic of the PD door? I never knew they ve tempered glass for the panel. I probably install in a later date, cause spend too much $$$ Liao... Need to spread the purchase, if not will die.

Hi Sky,

My PD door will only come around mid aug, maybe you can look at mine before doing it...

I am also overspending alot... trying to manage all the renovation + furniture + electrical appliances within SGD$45K.

Regards

Desmond

Renovation stopped for a week, waiting for aircon contractor to fix the trucking on 21 July 2011...

Really cant wait for that long, hope it will complete very soon ....

Hi Sky,

My PD door will only come around mid aug, maybe you can look at mine before doing it...

I am also overspending alot... trying to manage all the renovation + furniture + electrical appliances within SGD$45K.

Regards

Desmond

Hi DKWM,

Ok. By the way, why did u choose vyy? I found a web site PD door which have a full range, don't know if they are the distributor because they company name is PD door.

Maybe u are possible, at least ur Reno cost is less then 30k. For me, base on Reno + most furniture + big item electrical appliance is already more then 60k over, I still yet to find my dinning table (1.8m), coffee table, my daughter furniture, electrical work, switches and those miscellaneous electrical appliances (vacuum cleaner, wine chiller, rice cook and etc. I think am gg to hit over 70k easily. Can't imagine am spending so much $$ for just a 4 room if it's a 5 room think I will be dead.

wah u all already spent so much? i tink i got to redo my budget list...do the ids quote u for every single thing u do to ur hse? like eg: kitchen pelmet for kitchen door? shower kerb for common toilet? etc...

oh ya do u do shower screen for common toilet? how much u all pay for it? glass n arylic? or all glass? got pic to show? i wanted to do tat but my id says its very ex ard 1000 tats y i pending if shuld do or not...its like more ex den the mbr one lar

Dear asheley,

I did both in my mbr n common toilet, but I only did one tempered glass instead of the full cover L Shape in common toilet. I find it is too small to do up L shape shower screen. The price quoted by ID is around $700++ for L shape shower screen ( 2 sliding door ). my mbr toilet is around $600++ for sliding n $400++ for casement.

oh ok maybe i shall not do it 1st until i made up my mind regarding do L shape or just 1 fixed panel like wad my partner wants...

oh ya i saw tat ur living rm Lbox n false ceiling is done up,care to share how many plc lights u r using just at tat area? cos my id quoted mi for wiring n installation of 16nos of plc lights/light holder with switch. i was wondering if i really need 16 of tat? sounds alot to me cos if put more lights will b hotter n more ex

I am having 8pcs 2x13watt downlight **** area plus 1 pendant light for dinning area plus 2pcs 2x13watt + 1 spotlight for divider. If u scare it is too hot can either get 13 watt instead of 18 watt or get the LED light.

I am using Vyy Becos my ID introduce. They are quite friendly n there are around 10 sample pd door in their showroom in Eunos. Did u manage to get a cheaper quote ? I heard from pd door itself is around that price in the exhibition last time. Hope I am not the carrot head.

I am using Vyy Becos my ID introduce. They are quite friendly n there are around 10 sample pd door in their showroom in Eunos. Did u manage to get a cheaper quote ? I heard from pd door itself is around that price in the exhibition last time. Hope I am not the carrot head.

Ok. The PD guy will come over on Sunday to take measurement and some samples. Hope the price is good.