Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Our Home At Fernvale Vista 2

Hi Sky,

If i am not wrong, Blum has another type of soft closing hinge which is not protuding out or attached to the original hinge. I actually went down to the show room to check out on Tuesday and it impressed me alot ... Have you been to the showroom at opposite of Ubi Driving Centre ?

Regards

Desmond

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No... Can ihave the address. Maybe I will drop by tmr.

I was at excel this morning, their price are quite reasonable. Might got some put out rack from them.

Sky,

It is opposite of the driving centre ... direct opposite. can see big big WORD BLUM !!! :P

U sure wun miss it... remember to ask them for the non attach hinge....

Regards

Desmond

Sky,

It is opposite of the driving centre ... direct opposite. can see big big WORD BLUM !!! :P

U sure wun miss it... remember to ask them for the non attach hinge....

So is along the main road right.

What is the non atach hinge u referring to?

Regards

Desmond

Hi Sky,

It is located opposite of the driving centre rear main door, it is at the small road that alot of private car tutor are.

Regards

Desmond

Finally the renovation started... It started with laying the electrical wire and the kitchen cabinet, fridge & washing machine base...

I went up to my house to take a look around and discovered that the china worker is doing the tiles laying for the fridge and washing machine base.

Updates :

img0243640x478.jpg

By dkwm at 2011-07-10

img0244640x478.jpg

By dkwm at 2011-07-10

img0246640x478.jpg

By dkwm at 2011-07-10

img0247640x478.jpg

By dkwm at 2011-07-10

img0248640x478.jpg

By dkwm at 2011-07-10

hi im staying at vista2 too. i realised our hm gas pipe is on the right side so would like to check with u if the ppl who came to do the gas pipe when they extend the gas pipe to the left side do they run in above the service yard door? will it leave an exposed piping?

cos my id says cannot move to opp side or else piping will be exposed. ur id did a covered up trunking for u? can u share pics with mi?

hi im staying at vista2 too. i realised our hm gas pipe is on the right side so would like to check with u if the ppl who came to do the gas pipe when they extend the gas pipe to the left side do they run in above the service yard door? will it leave an exposed piping?

cos my id says cannot move to opp side or else piping will be exposed. ur id did a covered up trunking for u? can u share pics with mi?

Hi Asheley,

I believe you can either run inside the kitchen or outside from the service yard to the left of the kitchen. you can choose to box up if you think is ugly. but my suggestion is if you are running the pipe from the service yard to the other side, maybe u can consider not to box up (save some $$). Anyway, if you are using a central heater from city gas, all the copper pipe will also be expose, and it also not visible to others provided they go to ur service yard la.

So which blk are you at?

im at 445a. do u mean the orginal yellow protuding thing from the right side of the kitchen will run all the way through kitchen window to outside of svc yard den through the wall of the left side? i saw ur fridge base. u gng a glass door for the kitchen? so everytime u want to take things frm fridge u will need to close the door rite?

im at 445a. do u mean the orginal yellow protuding thing from the right side of the kitchen will run all the way through kitchen window to outside of svc yard den through the wall of the left side? i saw ur fridge base. u gng a glass door for the kitchen? so everytime u want to take things frm fridge u will need to close the door rite?

Yes the yellow connector. All the running of the gas pipe will be done by city gas, so u need to contact them to arrange for them to run the pipe for u. I believe ur ID doesn't have the license to do that. So the pipe will run straight from the top through the wall (which is beside the kitchen window) out to the yard and all the way to the other side. Don't think it's a good idea to run through the window it will be very ugly. So the city gas guy will hack a small hole then ur ID will help u patch it back.

The photo that u mentioned is DKWM layout not mine. My initial plan was also to put the fridge base there beside the big pillar. But if u put a swing door there and ur fridge base is too big it will definitely hit it. So 5 options to solve this problem.

1. Get a small fridge (which most ppl won't)

2. Shift ur fridge far to the left and build a small top unit btw the fridge n pillar

3. Don't put any swing door

4. Make ur swing door smaller (means small walk through)

5. Use sliding door instead (slide the door to the left instead of right) that's what I did.

Edited by skylimit

Hi asheley168,

I am at Blk 445B, welcome.. we got 3 family here

I actually opt for a PD door for the kitchen enterance which swing from the other side so i dont have to close the door before open the fridge.

My ID's contractor did the fridge base with triangle edge so nobody will hit the base when ppl walked in the kitchen.

Regards

Desmond

Latest Update

Got this kitchen enterance pelmet for my PD door

img0286640x478.jpg

By dkwm at 2011-07-17

Really dunno is it good to get PD door for my kitchen enterance.

Any one comment ?

Regards

Desmond Kok

Today really busy meeting with the curtain vendor.. got a quote for curtain & blind...

1) 2 big blind + 1 small blind for MBR.

2) 2 blind for 2 common room.

3) 1 set of day & night curtain for living room.

4) 1 pc of rug approxi Length 3m x width 0.6m for my bay window.

Total : $2.38k

Hope it will turn out to be nice.