Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
olol2c3

RenOContractor Needed

SuPER SUPER stress, why do difficult to decide on a reno contractor....too cheap, scare, too expensive also don want.. my budget 30k or less. HDB 5room resale....1. whole house floor and wall tiles ( living , dining, ktchen ,balcony, 2x bathroom, 3 bedroom), 2 . Re-wiring of whole house electrical 3. Carpentry with solid surface, 4, balcony , living % dining , kitchen false Ceiling, 5. stainless steel piping for all, Bar top ......impossible right???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SuPER SUPER stress, why do difficult to decide on a reno contractor....too cheap, scare, too expensive also don want.. my budget 30k or less. HDB 5room resale....1. whole house floor and wall tiles ( living , dining, ktchen ,balcony, 2x bathroom, 3 bedroom), 2 . Re-wiring of whole house electrical 3. Carpentry with solid surface, 4, balcony , living % dining , kitchen false Ceiling, 5. stainless steel piping for all, Bar top ......impossible right???

Ya impossible.

Hi, it is difficult when you want to complete so many things with such a tight budget. In my humble opinion, it is near impossible to have all that done in 30k or under. I have just completed a renovation for 4-rm in Bukit Panjang (2 bathroom overhaul, kitchen floor tile and minor carpentry and cornice works) and it already cost around 25k. If you are able to get a quote for 30k or less, you definitely have to very very careful :)

Im looking for contractor, just need to make 8 feet kitchen cabinet and utility room wall with door,someone quoted me 1.5k.

If anyone knows sincere person pass me the contact.

Rewiring of whole house electrical will be around $3k and tiling easily ~8k-10k for all whole house liao.

Try to cut down on the carpentry works if possible.

3k for wiring and 10k for flooring?

your prices are on high side!

Not really le, I got a few quotes from a few ID, similar pricing

Designer wall tiles ( 300 x 600)mm for 2 bathrooms - full height

Designer wall tiles ( 300 x 600)mm for kitchen - expose parts

Heavy duty flooring tiles for kitchen and 2 bathrooms ( 300 x 300 )mm

600x600mm homog.P/L tiles for living,dining and passageway

600x600mm homog.P/L tiles for 3 bedrooms

Skirting for homogeneous flooring

Some even quote 12k just for tiling :D

frankly the term 'designer wall tiles' has no meaning if they restrict it to $3 psf

because anything below $5psf chances are is from msia or taiwan or ROC

for italian tiles or real designer tiles, expect >$6psf

of course they maybe refering to msia/taiwan/ROC designers :D

btw $12k for tiling is crazy, unless is marble flooring not homog tiles? or your floor area super big?

:D

My floor area is 111sqm 5 room HDB, not that big.

How much was your tiling works?

my tiling for living room + dining room $3k

kitchen flooring $1k

2 toilet flooring $1k

bedroom using solid timber not tiles so cannot compare - but total bedroom floor area add up same as living + dining so estimate $3k

so total add up is $8k

my floor area is 1200sqf = same 111sqm :D

How about wall tiles for kitchen and bathroom?

Mine was a corner unit, that why is 111sqm, all the rest of the flat in my block was 110sqm. I dunno where is the extra 1sqm. :D