Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deardyan

The One That Wiped Out Our Entire Cpf Savings

Decides to open up a T-blog and document our house reno-journey.

First off, please do not expect a lavish renovations cos we will not be even taking any ID and Reno Loan.

Still sourcing out for Carpenters/Contractors to do up our house.

It's gonna be a very exciting but tiring journey together cos we are also planning for our wedding in October.

Money is gonna be oh so tight during this period. lol

Timeline of how we managed to get our lovenest:

1. August 2010 - Applied for the Sales of Balance Flat at Bukit Panjang
  2. October 2010 - Got our queue no. No 49. Quite exciting to get a low queue no. However there were only 43 flats available.
  3. December 2010 - We got our appointment letter for 1st Appointment. Went around the few flats available to recce.
  4. 18 January 2011 - Our very 1st appointment. So excited when we finally get to choose one of our top picks.
  5. 23rd January 2011 - 2nd Appointment & collected keys from HDB

Edited by deardyan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Prior to this, when we got in the house with HDB Technical Officer, we pointed out the flooring may need screeding as we will be putting laminated floorings.

Had a heated argument with the TO cos he kept saying "it's like that one."

On my 2nd appointment, i told the HDB officer about this, they gave me a form to sign and hand it over to my Branch Office. Easy peasy!

The HDB Contractors have just got the floorings done yesterday and the floor is all nicely done up.

Will post some of the pictures i took when we opened the doors again.

Some pictures i took from the iphone. Pardon the quality. Will take better pictures tomorrow!

254901_10150208825493656_674908655_7037529_6625298_n.jpg

Our Living Hall, where we are gonna put our TV console and sofa etc.

247920_10150208824823656_674908655_7037522_7988802_n.jpg

To the left is our Dining area. I will be repainting the doors. The current colour is hideous. lol

248203_10150208824748656_674908655_7037521_3944315_n.jpg

The entrance of the house, from Kitchen's view.

251677_10150208824568656_674908655_7037519_2201281_n.jpg

Kitchen - Sink Area. We'll probably keep the tiles for now since it's pretty new and we can save cost that way.

252847_10150208824693656_674908655_7037520_5345181_n.jpg

We will be keeping the toilet tiles too since it's new from HDB. Just need some cleaning up to do.

Congrats deardyan on getting the keys to your new flat.

Also congrats on getting married this oct. I can understand the anxiety u r going thru' ...... Both wedding prep and flat Reno. ....

Well, I think u can save quite a bit by not hacking anything.

Everything u want to do boils down to $ and Cents. How detail do u want your Reno to be?

Hope u have a smooth Reno.

Hi deardyan, I know how you feel. I was in that position too! Take your time in your reno, I m sure you will enjoy the process!

Congrats deardyan on getting the keys to your new flat.

Also congrats on getting married this oct. I can understand the anxiety u r going thru' ...... Both wedding prep and flat Reno. ....

Well, I think u can save quite a bit by not hacking anything.

Everything u want to do boils down to $ and Cents. How detail do u want your Reno to be?

Hope u have a smooth Reno.

Hey hey! Thank you!! :)

My reno won't be so detailed. I'm just gonna repaint the house, do up some carpentry and get in some furnitures slowly to make it a home. :)

Hi deardyan, I know how you feel. I was in that position too! Take your time in your reno, I m sure you will enjoy the process!

Thanks et209! I'm enjoying the process and stress that comes with it. lol

Thanks et209! I'm enjoying the process and stress that comes with it. lol

Ha..ha..LOL ..i like your T-Blog title "The One That Wiped Out Our Entire Cpf Savings".. :D

Another lucky SOBF flatowners! Wished I was one of them. :(

Enjoy the wedding preps too! I miss my wedding loads, but at least now have reno to look forward to. :P

eh i miss the wedding preps more than the reno .. the reno is making me endless headaches and insonmia .. the wedding even the banquet doesnt cause me that much "effects" .. tight budget isnt nice ...

eh i miss the wedding preps more than the reno .. the reno is making me endless headaches and insonmia .. the wedding even the banquet doesnt cause me that much "effects" .. tight budget isnt nice ...

Reno too technical for me, so my hubby is the project lead... :P I seriously miss the wedding and the planning. Maybe I am suffering from post-nupital depression or something.