Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Hey Jenius,

Based on your last statement, your action seems to be to create unnecessary inconvenience for your fellow business fellows. Hope I'm wrong. In any case, if you are still keen to show the consumers that EL is not being too honest here, perhaps you can buy one of their sofas and post the warranty card info here once you have it in hand. Alternatively, if you so strongly believe that what EL has declared amounts to misrepresentation, perhaps you should consider reporting them to the unfair business practise bureau (if there is one). What do you think? Time to put your money where your mouth is.

Hi Twins

I hope there is no misrepresentations here, therefore i would just like EL to clarify what the 5 years warranty covers, that's it.

Why would i be so foolish to buy one of their sets when i am purchasing direct from manufacturers and just to post their warranty card here. There are so many happy customers of theirs here, i am sure they would like to share their warranty card of their purchase.

All that i am asking, is asking a question which the representative of EL invite fellow members to ask. I am sorry if i am being too blunt with my thoughts on the topic.

What's there to report about, it is up to the buyers eventually whom they want to purchase from and they have a right to know what they are getting. How about reporting that our public transport company (SMRT) is making millions of dollars from us all. I thought that public transport is to make it affordable for the public to get us from our home to work. I don't see why they should be making so much.

As i have posted before, members here are internet savvy and they just need to 'google' anything to find the answers. http://www.ehow.com/search.html?q=what+is+corrected+grain+leather&skin=style&t=all (you can find all the answers about leather here)

Yeah, time to put money where my mouth is. Time to have supper now.

Shall check in again tomorrow to see if EL can tell us what the warranty covers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Here's a "little" problem i have with the leather L-sofa i bought from EL, delivered on 24 Sept 2011, a little over a month ago.

03 Oct(Sun nite): i noticed a small heap of 'saw dust-like' below the L-sofa when i bent down to pick up something. Then, to my horror, i realised that it is likely to be insect/worm eating inside the sofa. This is a brand new sofa delivered a month+ ago from Executive Living!!

31 Oct(Mon): called EL early afternoon and spoke to 2 ladies(first person referred me to another lady). 2nd lady asked about my observations and reconfirmed the sales order#. Told me that she will get the relevant person to call me back, on my mobile which she reconfiremed.

01 Nov(Tues): No one called me back yet. This is an urgent matter as it looks like something is eating away at my brand new sofa. i will be expediting EL today..jeez..what bad luck i have...i have never experienced "worm in furniture" for decades..and i have to buy from this company

Here's a "little" problem i have with the leather L-sofa i bought from EL, delivered on 24 Sept 2011, a little over a month ago.

03 Oct(Sun nite): i noticed a small heap of 'saw dust-like' below the L-sofa when i bent down to pick up something. Then, to my horror, i realised that it is likely to be insect/worm eating inside the sofa. This is a brand new sofa delivered a month+ ago from Executive Living!!

31 Oct(Mon): called EL early afternoon and spoke to 2 ladies(first person referred me to another lady). 2nd lady asked about my observations and reconfirmed the sales order#. Told me that she will get the relevant person to call me back, on my mobile which she reconfiremed.

01 Nov(Tues): No one called me back yet. This is an urgent matter as it looks like something is eating away at my brand new sofa. i will be expediting EL today..jeez..what bad luck i have...i have never experienced "worm in furniture" for decades..and i have to buy from this company

Can you please kindly post pictures of the problem sofa and quote your invoice or some other reference number as proof in order to prevent others from accusing you of being a competitor posing as an unhappy customer in here to tarnish EL's image and reputation.

Bro, i dunno how to post pic. Here are details:

Sales Order No: 10594

Description: Leather L-sofa with a decliner

Model: 9320

Color: White

Price Paid:$2838.60

Delivery: 24 Sept 2011

Latest Update:

01 Nov: 215pm called EL as no one has called me back. Spoke to Ms Exxxxx and went through with her the observation again; it was a different person who answered my call yesterday. Was told that EL has not seen such problem before and a report will be launched where the service team will take a look within a week. Told Ms E that someone from EL needs to take a look ASAP it is a serious problem if it is an insect/worm eating away the wooden portion of the sofa. Ms E noted the urgency and will arrange for an appointment by tomorrow.

Sooks,

Please get a pest control company into your home immediately. If you have termites coming out of your sofa, they will migrate to other items already in your home.

Waiting is not really an option if you have termites.

Latest Update:

01 Nov: 215pm called EL as no one has called me back. Spoke to Ms Exxxxx and went through with her the observation again; it was a different person who answered my call yesterday. Was told that EL has not seen such problem before and a report will be launched where the service team will take a look within a week. Told Ms E that someone from EL needs to take a look ASAP it is a serious problem if it is an insect/worm eating away the wooden portion of the sofa. Ms E noted the urgency and will arrange for an appointment by tomorrow.

Hi Sooks

Do look into your warranty card and read what the warranty covers. I am sure they would replace the sofa since it has just been delivered not too long ago. Don't worry too much as EL will not want to ruin their reputation. Take care.

Sooks,

Please get a pest control company into your home immediately. If you have termites coming out of your sofa, they will migrate to other items already in your home.

Samtheman

Don't scare Sooks la, it might be those big head worms. If it's termites then ehee............ Use Insect Repellent first on the area, these will actually slow them down a little.

Please do not reprimand Kelvin. He is a very nice guy, very accommodating fellow. He offer us a lot of good advice. In fact i will even recommend my friends to him. Overall its a very pleasant experience shopping with him & EL.

But hope u all understand that we just trying to prevent any misunderstandings.

Ivank

Please check your warranty card to ensure that it covers the leather from peeling/cracking & tearing. I don't think it was a spelling error, you know what i mean.

Latest Update:

OK, now that we know you are indeed a genuine EL customer, please do update us on all material developments as I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by many of us.

I am posting here not because our business was affected, i am posting here because our business got better because of company like you here. I am not advertising, i am telling consumers facts about leather, which they want to know more about and not one sided facts which you presented.

Bovine leather is so commonly use in Malaysia. I am just saying that if it is Cowhide leather, just say cowhide leather, don't use a term of Bovine leather if your company got nothing to hide. Retailers in Malaysia uses the term bovine leather because it is not cowhide, if it is cowhide, won't it be more authentic to use the word cowhide leather rather then 'bovine leather'.

You must be kidding me, high net-worth clients buy EL??? Oh come on, economy is bad, but not that bad for this 'high net-worth' clients. Or you have your own company's term which you classified 'high net-worth'.

Just tell all consumers here, do your Company cover 5 years warranty on their leather upholstery. if so, what are the layman conditions for this.

Thank you.

Yeah, i am slapping so hard on my face that i feel so sad that your company find it so hard to tell us if your 5 years warranty cover the leather upholstery.

To all buyers of EL leather sofas, please kindly post the warranty card for us to understand.

Hi Jeanius

I think you are insulting my clients, I believe all of them are living off much more better than you. Most of your statement doesnt make sense. You will not succeed in whatever you think you are going to do over here.

OK, now that we know you are indeed a genuine EL customer, please do update us on all material developments as I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by many of us.

Hey Dave

Looks like someone dissapeared. I was thinking of putting up a new topic, all about leathers. You interested in contributing your thoughts and expertise for all members here.

Hi Jeanius

I think you are insulting my clients, I believe all of them are living off much more better than you. Most of your statement doesnt make sense. You will not succeed in whatever you think you are going to do over here.

Oh great, you are back. Please share with us the status of Sooks sofa. And don't forget the warranty thing. Thanks

Sooks,

I remembered those days in the 1970s when I was still living with my parents and we had a termite problem. It took us forever to get rid of them creepy crawlies. You can actually hear them through the wooden structures, slowly but steadily eating away at the wood.

Hey Dave

Looks like someone dissapeared. I was thinking of putting up a new topic, all about leathers. You interested in contributing your thoughts and expertise for all members here.

Hmmmmm, let me think about it. But I have been dishing out leather advice via private email to those who has been messaging me for help.

I am posting here not because our business was affected, i am posting here because our business got better because of company like you here. I am not advertising, i am telling consumers facts about leather, which they want to know more about and not one sided facts which you presented.

Bovine leather is so commonly use in Malaysia. I am just saying that if it is Cowhide leather, just say cowhide leather, don't use a term of Bovine leather if your company got nothing to hide. Retailers in Malaysia uses the term bovine leather because it is not cowhide, if it is cowhide, won't it be more authentic to use the word cowhide leather rather then 'bovine leather'.

You must be kidding me, high net-worth clients buy EL??? Oh come on, economy is bad, but not that bad for this 'high net-worth' clients. Or you have your own company's term which you classified 'high net-worth'.

Just tell all consumers here, do your Company cover 5 years warranty on their leather upholstery. if so, what are the layman conditions for this.

Thank you.

Yeah, i am slapping so hard on my face that i feel so sad that your company find it so hard to tell us if your 5 years warranty cover the leather upholstery.

To all buyers of EL leather sofas, please kindly post the warranty card for us to understand.

Hi Jeanius

Being a competitor I know what you are up in your sleeves, What I want to let you know that we cover our leather upholstery for FIVE YEARS. Is that what you want? You want details, come to our show room be a mystery buyer and you will get what you want to know. I am not going to do it in the forum. come down and we will show you what is warranty in EL. Buy a sofa from us and we will show you what kind of after sales service standards EL has. It might take years before you can really catch up. Seeing your posts, I know what kind of personality that you possess.