Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timothyng27

My 5 Room Bukit Merah Flat T-Blog

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Blooie,

I've just sent you the file! Hope it helps :)

Hey timothyng27, saw your post about the price list from Hawaii 5-O. Could you share it too please? My email's agape_agape90@ymail.com.

Alternatively you could just post it as an attachment here if you don't mind, I'm sure I won't be the only one who'll appreciate that! Cheers

Anyone else who's got the price list, if you don't mind sharing it that'd be great too :)

Hi Timothy27,

Thanks so much for your reply :), I gather your reno is starting soon? So exciting for you indeed :D . I heard from my ID that the renovation peak is coming soon so it's better to start early.

Btw can I check where did you get your sanitary wares from? My ID recommends I go with him but after reading some comments think it might be better to do so independently of ID?

Thanks again :)!

Hi BlackSesame,

I will share my ID later once my place is done up nicely :)

Must wait until I see the quality of his contractor's work and some of his designs; I have been meeting with him a couple of times to choose materials.

However, I haven't received much in terms of visuals yet.

All the styles are depicted in my posts are my work / idea - can I be your ID? :P

Hi BlackSesame,

Yes my reno is starting pretty soon; unfortunately I still haven't tied down what kind of look I want and my budget :(

Reno peak should be just after 7th month, with most aiming to complete their reno before the end of the year.

I haven't got my sanitary wares yet; although I've gotten my toilet fixtures (everything from Grohe).

For sanitary wares, I've been checking out a few places around Jalan Besar. I think Adamas is probably one of the better priced ones.

They carry Toto sanitary ware too; but much cheaper than the showroom.

I suggest you take a look at Sim Siang Choon just to get an idea of what are some of the brands / prices / designs available.

Ask the salesperson as many questions as possible about pipe distance from the WC, what kind of flush system, how much water capacity etc.

I also suggest you go for the not-so-water-efficient WCs. The ones with higher water efficiency probably won't flush very well.

You might need 2 flushes to flush down waste :P

After that, look around at the other places and compare prices. I think there are other threads in renotalk you can find information about sanitary wares too.

Hope this little nugget of information is helpful! :)

Hi Timothy27,

Thanks so much for your reply :), I gather your reno is starting soon? So exciting for you indeed :D . I heard from my ID that the renovation peak is coming soon so it's better to start early.

Btw can I check where did you get your sanitary wares from? My ID recommends I go with him but after reading some comments think it might be better to do so independently of ID?

Thanks again :)!

Hi Timothy27,

Thanks so much for sharing info :), would love to buy Grohe too but as my reno budget already exceeded like crazy (ID just informed me need to do plastering for all walls after inspection sigh), so I need to be extra thrifty with other parts.

I think will go for Toto as have read some of the reviews in the t-blogs here :). Looking forward to your reno pics!

Hi folks!

I'm wondering if anyone follows my t-blog anymore since I haven't been updating much. Drop me a shout out if you still are. :yamseng:

In any case, we're getting our keys on Friday! Woohoo!!! :dancingqueen:

The wife-to-be and I have conflicting views - I like wood for the open concept living / dining / kitchen, but she says kitchen has to be waterproof.

We're looking at Kronotex (Mammut range), engineered wood floors from Floorich, or wood-patterned floor tiles (which I least prefer).

Will be talking through the different materials this weekend, and hopefully confirming the scope of works shortly.

More pics and info to come! Stay tuned!

Hi folks!

I'm wondering if anyone follows my t-blog anymore since I haven't been updating much. Drop me a shout out if you still are. :yamseng:

In any case, we're getting our keys on Friday! Woohoo!!! :dancingqueen:

The wife-to-be and I have conflicting views - I like wood for the open concept living / dining / kitchen, but she says kitchen has to be waterproof.

We're looking at Kronotex (Mammut range), engineered wood floors from Floorich, or wood-patterned floor tiles (which I least prefer).

Will be talking through the different materials this weekend, and hopefully confirming the scope of works shortly.

More pics and info to come! Stay tuned!

Conflicting views - sounds totally familiar! Hope you guys come to an agreement! ;)

Make me feel so embarrassed for the lack of updates! Hehe

I've gotten the 3Ds already, but I didn't want to post them up cos they didn't really look very nice.

I'll be taking some pics when I get the keys on Friday. Will share then :)

How's your place? Looks really nice! Would love to check it out.

still here!excl.gif!! & stalking yr blog!excl.gif!