Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

there's another em done in a similar style in the id's website, except the staircase is in black. u have an evil twin! :o

Talking about the evil twin.... the staircase look SUPER COOL

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Talking about the evil twin.... the staircase look SUPER COOL

I love it too! But the practical side of me insists on retaining the little storeroom lar.

According to my IDs, they tried to retain the skeleton of the original Clementi EM HDB staircase, but the 'spine' needed quite a bit of repairs. Think the entire staircase cost a fair bit. But super duper nice right? One of my favs among the many EM staircases I've seen.

Btw not sure if you can tell but the Clementi EM has a strange layout. Think is a bit triangular one.

come on just to look for your updates, congrats on your completion adi. you must be so relieved & happy now yamseng.gif

Thanks Sleek! Looking forward to stalking your blog and your droolworthy wiw n appliances when you start on your reno project. :)

Hi,

Saw yr wonderful house. I am starting my Reno soon too and like to check regarding your master bed frame. Did you customize it as well? As my ID will also customized a low headboard for me but the bed frame, he leaves option open for me whether I want to get a divan or those PVC wrap type which my matteress shop can provide me at a lower rate. So I am still thinking bat this. My theme for my house will also be white grey and black kind of design.

Hi,

Saw yr wonderful house. I am starting my Reno soon too and like to check regarding your master bed frame. Did you customize it as well? As my ID will also customized a low headboard for me but the bed frame, he leaves option open for me whether I want to get a divan or those PVC wrap type which my matteress shop can provide me at a lower rate. So I am still thinking bat this. My theme for my house will also be white grey and black kind of design.

Hi nesame, my IDs also said it's probably cheaper to get the frame/divan ourselves, which we did packaged with our mattresses. I really like the 2BR one that's actually a storage divan. It's got some hydraulics hinge thing so it's easy to lift up for the hidden storage space that's handy for spare pillows, linen and bedding stuff. You can find this kind of storage divan in most furniture stores (think not in the specialty mattress stores tho, e.g. Serta did not have).

Colour wise white or black PVC divan should be quite easy to get.

I'd advocate you to get the divan from the mattress store unless you have specific height requirement for the divan that requires customisation. All the best with your reno!

I'll continue the chat here in my T-Blog from other threads... :sport-smiley-018:

btw adidaem how is ur stay @ ur new home :D

It's great! Apart from it being my place (no more being subject to landlord's nonsense), it's just so comfy and cosy we feel like staying at home more... location is also a major plus now that we are so much nearer to town (I still marvel at how fast I get home from work or shopping) and I love Mei Chin food centre... it's really convenient with a 7-11, food market, and other amenities around.

Unpacking is a major pain tho (still not done, arghh)... plus there are still some minor defects we are waiting for our IDs/contractor to do so reno is still not quite over (thankfully our contractor fixed the major ones pretty quick so we are not that fussed).

I love the pretty constant breeze too... it is really a 'bright and airy' apartment after reno. :)

Overall, we really really love our new place. SO and I still turn to each other and say 'our place is so nice huh?!' in semi-amazement... guess we need a bit more time to adjust from our previous cramp and crummy rented apartment to our new place. Unexpected bonus is that with the open concept kitchen... the 1st floor can be a spacious party area. So even tho the house is still a mess and we have not fully unpacked, we have been asking people over to chillax in the balcony (can fit 8 pax I think). That's a sorta lifestyle change? In the past we would have gone out or to friend's place.

Hi Adi!!! am looking forward to MORE! pixs of yr place! it's looking great!

Thanks again FF. Will post pics of my kitchen, balcony n study this weekend. :yamseng:

Haha, for my fiancee and myself, its our first house so we are especially excited about the reno. Been to the tile shop like 3 times and collected like 20 sample of tiles.

Loving the experience. The cost of renovation do give us a shock everytime there are changes.

Budget for reno has doubled and seem to be going up still.

We do not even dare to go look at nice furniture yet.

Doing it a step at a time.

We enjoy looking at your EM and hoping ours will be as nice.

Oh yah, would you be able to PM me your total renovation cost (ID)?

Nice!!! Your place is drool-worthy. :dribble: Moving into an EM for the first time is a lifestyle change. My wife and I have become home-bound.

Thanks! Another reason why I think we need to stay home is so that I'm not tempted to buy more things. :P8|

Am holding off till we see the final reno bill...

Haha, for my fiancee and myself, its our first house so we are especially excited about the reno. Been to the tile shop like 3 times and collected like 20 sample of tiles.

Loving the experience. The cost of renovation do give us a shock everytime there are changes.

Budget for reno has doubled and seem to be going up still.

We do not even dare to go look at nice furniture yet.

Doing it a step at a time.

We enjoy looking at your EM and hoping ours will be as nice.

Oh yah, would you be able to PM me your total renovation cost (ID)?

Pm'ed.

Adidaem, congrats on your completion and smooth moving in. Your place looks really nice and spacious.... gives one a very relax feeling :) I m also looking forward to completion but at the same time worried about packing and unpacking :(

Alrighty, more pics as promised. These new ones are mostly from my IDs btw. I asked for them cos I'm lazy to do all the staging and moving... :P

Kitchen:

img_5389.jpg

img_5406.jpg

More pics and stuff to read HERE.