Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Not sure if I’d mentioned before, but I really love my living room windows. Altho we do not have one of those to-die-for sea or city views, I’ve wanted one of those Bestview-type windows ever since I saw one in a Home & Decor featured apartment (I think) years ago.

Am so glad we got the windows cos it really helps to give the apartment that ‘open’ feel… again, the pics can’t quite give the ‘feel’ that you get in person, but this is the best I can do with my point & shoot camera.

Of course, we don’t have kids or a fear of heights. Guess most people can’t install such windows for safety or security reasons. :P

p1050011.jpg

p1050012.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

omigod..bestview window?

actually they are not the only 1 doing it, my contractor oso can do it & slightly cheaper.

I wanted to get it for my balcony as we have a open view, but after hearing the price. :jawdrop:

i backed out..the cost of just the balcony window (3.8m) is more than my whole house windows.

omigod..bestview window?

actually they are not the only 1 doing it, my contractor oso can do it & slightly cheaper.

I wanted to get it for my balcony as we have a open view, but after hearing the price. :jawdrop:

i backed out..the cost of just the balcony window (3.8m) is more than my whole house windows.

Is your contractor HDB approved? I thought Bestview is the only one?

No regrets after installing... totally changes the place/feel IMO. This is one of the features that SO and I are consistently happy with, and the installation/quality is great too.

btw, I will also be doing a white kitchen. is your cabinets in matt finishes instead of glossy? My ID actually said matt is better but nowadays, seems like most people using glossy.

oh, I am also very 'stress' over the dish rack. actually i do not like those traditional type fix inside the cabinet abve the wash basin and I would rather go without. You seems doing it w/o the rack right? I like those custom make stainless steel which hang fr the ceiling.

btw, I will also be doing a white kitchen. is your cabinets in matt finishes instead of glossy? My ID actually said matt is better but nowadays, seems like most people using glossy.

oh, I am also very 'stress' over the dish rack. actually i do not like those traditional type fix inside the cabinet abve the wash basin and I would rather go without. You seems doing it w/o the rack right? I like those custom make stainless steel which hang fr the ceiling.

Mine is in matt. I hate fingerprints and my IDs prefer matt so we didn't have any discussion or debate on which surface type is better. ;)

As for dish rack, mine are over the sink. I've one of those Blum 'lambo' doors that swing upwards above the sink with the dish racks inside. No pics cos for practicality sake I got my contractor to install them at different heights (one for plates and one for cups and shorter stuff) which means not so nice pics... :P

I prefer to hide the drying 'mess' in the cabinet but that's just me lar.

Think mine is SJ-304 (page 4 (88) of the PDF) here:

http://www.shanghaitonglee.com.sg/images/ecatalog/WireBaskets.pdf

Mine is in matt. I hate fingerprints and my IDs prefer matt so we didn't have any discussion or debate on which surface type is better. ;)

As for dish rack, mine are over the sink. I've one of those Blum 'lambo' doors that swing upwards above the sink with the dish racks inside. No pics cos for practicality sake I got my contractor to install them at different heights (one for plates and one for cups and shorter stuff) which means not so nice pics... :P

I prefer to hide the drying 'mess' in the cabinet but that's just me lar.

Think mine is SJ-304 (page 4 (88) of the PDF) here:

http://www.shanghaitonglee.com.sg/images/ecatalog/WireBaskets.pdf

oh yaya, thats the type of standard dish rack and usually it is revealed outside which I find it unsightly. so you have it hidden and it can be done! maybe must let my ID know i want to hide it also.

btw, i saw yr blog that you got Toto stuffs, is it ex? I think Duravit is way abv my budget.

oh yaya, thats the type of standard dish rack and usually it is revealed outside which I find it unsightly. so you have it hidden and it can be done! maybe must let my ID know i want to hide it also.

btw, i saw yr blog that you got Toto stuffs, is it ex? I think Duravit is way abv my budget.

Hmm... I think not using a glass panel will help. Just stick to laminates like the rest of the cupboards, and don't make the dish rack part jut down lower.

Toto is not the cheapest... I think I can buy 2 normal WCs for the price I got each of mine at.

I think after reno most ppl will go and get new cutlery and tableware?

Just added a list of stores that are wholesalers of kitchen ware in my wordpress blog... think you can find kitchenware stuff at cheaper prices at these places:

- Landex

- Lau Choy Seng

- Moderne

- Sia Huat

- Tott

Didn't get a chance to go to Lau Choy Seng, Moderne or Sia Huat. Any comments or tips from people who have gone to these stores? Am thinking to pop by one weekend to window shop...

Edited by adidaem

Hanging from the ceiling may look nice but dun think it's v practical. Over time it may not look as nice and need replacing which means you may need tO customize another set?? How about 1 that sits in the sink for drying? As I have a double sink I will wash and rinse at one side then put it in the drainer at the other side for draining.

Hi adidaem, can u share with me the cost for the invisible grill n any pic to show us?

How much sic u pay for the windows in the masterbed room?

Huh? I didn't use any invisible grills. My place is not child-safe. :P

For RT-ers who like vintage stuff... here is a new one:

Mad About Vintage

Contact Han at +65 91551337

My WP post featuring 20 places to buy mid-modern/vintage/retro furnitures remains popular, which is why it is updated too... :yamseng: (read post)

Edited by adidaem

Your EM looks so good. Even though it has nothing to do with me but I still feel happy looking at the pictures...especially the bright and beautiful kitchen (coz my life revolves around it!). Well done! :yamseng:

Looks fab Adidaem! I like the kichen too. May I ask if a kerb was built at the base of the Kitchen Cabinets and the Island? Also would appreciate if you could PM me the cost of the reno and/or designer fees.

Many thanks and an awesome EM once again.

Balcony:

img_5469.jpg

p1050001.jpg

More pics and stuff to read HERE.

nice Maisonette....btw i see alot of forum members buying this lighted up cube chair...where you all get it ? and how much ??