Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hpoo

My Small Cosy Corner @ Woodlands

After reading so many t-blog and post in renotalk, I finally decided to start one of my own... hehe :notti:

My small cosy corner was chosen after viewing 30 over units @ Yishun and Woodlands. Didn't want to stay too far from my mom's place as she's taking care of my 2 kids on weekdays. The process was real stressful, all we wanted was a simple corner unit but it just seems so difficult to get 1 we like. Its either the layout thats not what we wanted, COV asking too high or the venue's too far from the MRT station. Anyway, we finally got 1 after 2 months of viewing! Definately not "love at 1st sight" but will have to make do with it, guess we are just too tired & stress out from the hse viewings, hahaha :)

It's a 4 room premium apartment located @ Woodlands Dr 75, under the DBSS scheme, and only 90sqm :(

Edited by hpoo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Didn't take any pics of the original condition of the unit, so no choice have to use the pics from agent :P

Livinghall.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Masterbedroom.jpg

MasterToilet.jpg

commontoilet.jpg

Edited by hpoo

ID Selection

Being totally freaked out from the house viewing process, it didn't take me long to decide on which interior design firm to go to. I decided to just go with the ID that was highly recommended by my superior. She had engaged the same ID twice (she moved 2 times in 5 years) and still thinks he's the best! Haha

Many of my friends tells me I should go around to compare quotes and see the different designs recommended by different ID firms but I did not, cos just by reading the posts from forummers @ renotalk, I already can feel the stress & tiredness of the ID choosing process + comparing of quotes. For me & my hubby, as long as the quote is within our budget, we are ok with it. So the day we met the ID is the day we signed the contract :D

Our initial budget was S$25k but we endup signing a quotation of S$31k -.-"

Edited by hpoo

As we didn't have much idea on the reno, so we left it all to the ID to decide. The only concern we have is to hack the wall at the kitchen entrance to make the small little unit looks bigger

We were quite worried hacking of that wall will not be aprove as the D/B board is mounted on the wall, which also means if we insist to hack that wall, we'll have to pay a sum to shift the D/B board. ID already informed us in advance but we still decided to go ahead with the hacking. Within 1 week, we got the approval to hack :dancingqueen:

The cost of shifting & replacing a new a D/B board costs us $500!

Kitchenwall.jpg

Kitchenwall2.jpg

Edited by hpoo

While waiting for the 3D, we meet up with our ID on a saturday afternoon @ Soon Bee Huat, Changi for the tiles selection. Was thinking it will definately be another stressful process cos there's so many different designs to choose from but surprisingly, we managed to get everything done in less than 2 hours.

But we had to do a little topup as the tiles we chosen was way above the ID's budget. I think the quotation that he gave us was like $2.20 - $2.80 per piece but we cant find anything we like in that price range. The one we got was $3.60 per piece lor so no choice, gotta topup :(

Edited by hpoo

The following weekend, we meetup with the ID again for the purchasing of lightings & toilet/kitchen accessories...

I read from renotalk it would be alot cheaper if we were to source w/o our ID as they earns a commission for bringing us there but we wanted to make things easier for the ID and if earning a small commission will make him work 'harder' for us, why not?! Most importantly, the amount spent MUST be within our budget, heehee ;)

But I never know buying lightings & toilet/kitchen accessories would costs us so much *sweat*

I guess i'll never have the money to move house liao... all our savings thrown into this small little unit already :(

Lightings (incl. 3 ceiling fans) = S$2,575

Toilet/kitchen accessories, worst! = S$3,500

Total damage = S$6,075 :bangwall:

Only took pic of the light for master bedroom

iphone0062.jpg

Edited by hpoo

After a long wait, 3D finally done but ....... i've seen much better ones at renotalk, abit disappointed :(

ID promised to revised the 3D again but seeing the 1st 3D, we are not going to pin high hopes on the revised one. Luckily me & my hubby both the chin-cai type, if others, sure reject, reject, reject !! Hahahaha :D

Since wall hacking's done, next will be tiling for both toilets and kitchen. ID suggested overlay cos the pipings in both toilets are conceal and i can save some $$ since min. hacking needs to be done. Since the unit is only 5yrs old, i guess there shouldnt be any issue bah

Oh ya, ID's suggested theme = Resort-style

Common toilet

iphone006-1.jpg

Master toilet (with mosaic tiles positioned on top of vanity cabinet & below mirror)

iphone0013.jpg

iphone005-1.jpg

iphone0023.jpg

Edited by hpoo

ID suggested using this laminate for the kitchen cabinet... This pic is taken from his office, its his "showroom kitchen"

iphone0052-1.jpg

Edited by hpoo

No more revised 3D, ID came back with this ...

Looks ok to us :rolleyes:

TV console

005.jpg

Feature wall for bombshelter

007.jpg

Breakfast table @ Kitchen

006.jpg

Edited by hpoo

Welcome to RT! Looks like you're having really good progress! Your bathrooms look great! Keep us posted.

-Ely

Welcome to RT!!! Your original unit was quite good condition leh... No need Reno also ok, right???

Looking forward to more pic!!!