Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alannn

Cement Look Feature Wall

Hi there, I have came across at some retail shop with industrial look design, especially fashion store. Upon closer look at their cement screed wall,it seems to be apply thinly onto a plywood panel and then secure onto wall. Or is it some kind of cement board? I am interested to get that effect but doesn't want to go to an extent of roughing the existing wall and screed the wall with cement by contractor.( too messy). Instead if can be diy using the panel method or maybe contractor can prepare it in the factory and install it after will be ideal. Have anyone done that before can advise, or maybe some building profession pop can give some advise? Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I once saw a shop that has got thin fibre glass "cement look" tiles on its walls.

When I asked the sales person, where they bought it or the name of the contractor, she said

that she has no idea as the boss arranged it.So sad.

Hi there, I have came across at some retail shop with industrial look design, especially fashion store. Upon closer look at their cement screed wall,it seems to be apply thinly onto a plywood panel and then secure onto wall. Or is it some kind of cement board? I am interested to get that effect but doesn't want to go to an extent of roughing the existing wall and screed the wall with cement by contractor.( too messy). Instead if can be diy using the panel method or maybe contractor can prepare it in the factory and install it after will be ideal. Have anyone done that before can advise, or maybe some building profession pop can give some advise? Thank you.

Hi, not sure if you mean gympson board?

Its those kind of white powery board that have the texture of a wall. Can be easily cut, colour or repair...

The rough cast you are talking about is to apply cement sand screed onto a plywood surface as if it is applying on any other wall. It is not quite feasible to have this effect factory done, and carted to be installed because the thin screed will give way in transit. Contractors would also prefer to do it on site, given some care and good housekeeping. This was done in the reception hall and the building frontage of Egg Story Creative Production in Middle Rd, which is now being occupied by Informatics. There are some issues with this, that is when extensive moisture gets in between, it will show up prominently on the surface of the rough cast. Also the plywood used needs to be in compliance to fire safety standard.

http://70wood.blogspot.com