Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hafiizh

How Small Is 92sqm?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally found ur t-blog!

omg, H, guess wat?

we have almost the same layout n design ideas!

i wan to visit ur place! :notti:

New2>> hah you finally found me, stalker alert!! Eh sure my house always open to guests but still not ready ah. More importantly I'm flying off tmrw morningn remember? Be back in 3 weeks :)

Fairy dust >> lightings.com lor. $520 cheap cheap

Wow, love your dramatic bedroom - eager to see the 'wife approved' staged layout. :dribble::thumbs up::D

So envious of u n wifey lor!

while u two will be enjoying, i will be slogging w J. hahaha!

bring back some Europe bottled air for me eh.

hi i chanced upon ur t-blog & find that u have a really beautiful kitchen. do u mind sharing with me how much u spend on doing up ur kitchen cabinets & the island table as well as how much u spend on over-laying ur existing kitchen flooring & extending it? would very much appreciate it if u could recommend ur kitchen contractor =)

i look very forward for ur reply =) have a gd day

Hi Ashley thks for reviving my blog! Didn't think anyone was still viewing :)

I replied to your email. Don't think it's fair to put the prices I was quoted on a public domain. Will update this blog and my wordpress in time - need to catch up with school and my other pursuits. Not much happening on the reno front - soon soon I promise!

Wah thanks for the compliments. Read your blog - hope things get better soon. I think once you move in you can release a big sigh of relief!

hi guys,

I'm back! After the long holiday and catching up with work and other pursuits, I finally have time to start on the house again. Hari Raya coming leh!

1000001240.JPG

My wife and I splurged on Song Cho's stainless steel range - $700+. The high cost is for peace of mind - I've seen stainless steel products in homes all rusted after just a few months of use.

We had 8 items altogether - dishholder for the sink and a towel rail for outside the bathroom; two sets each of toilet roll holders, towel rail and shelf for our bathrooms.

So our bathrooms finally have accessories. Before this my spare bathroom didn't even have a mirror.

1000003822.JPG

And my kitchen sink is just missing a LED strip just above the backsplash for lighting.

1000001242.JPG

In other news, I'm still very in love with my kitchen. After visiting some other BTO layouts - ours doesn't seem so bad after all. I don't think I can live with closed off kitchens anymore.

1000001251.JPG

1000001254.JPG

1000001256.JPG

Still requires 4 more bar stools which probably we will just get for IKEA. They'll be in storage most of the time unless we have guests. Otherwise the 2 seats are just perfect for our couple's breakfast every morning.

I've been experimenting with the layout of the couches.

1000001244.JPG

With this layout, there's some space for another gathering area at the opposite corner. Also the seats allow guests to talk to each other. Yet the space looks so much smaller than with the couches side by side. Dilemma.

Still some outstanding works to be completed by yours truly. (Hari Raya) Clock is ticking!

We still need a study table and side tables for the bedroom. Did I mention where our tv is right now?

1000001253.JPG

But all that has to take a backseat to this week's project.

1000001208.JPG

Check in at the weekend. Hopefully I can do a reveal by then (hopefully) .....

In other news, I'm still very in love with my kitchen. After visiting some other BTO layouts - ours doesn't seem so bad after all. I don't think I can live with closed off kitchens anymore.

1000001251.JPG

1000001254.JPG

1000001256.JPG

Still requires 4 more bar stools which probably we will just get for IKEA. They'll be in storage most of the time unless we have guests. Otherwise the 2 seats are just perfect for our couple's breakfast every morning.

1000001244.JPG

With this layout, there's some space for another gathering area at the opposite corner. Also the seats allow guests to talk to each other. Yet the space looks so much smaller than with the couches side by side. Dilemma.

I suppose for days when you're entertaining big groups, you can put the sofas side by side. Normally, you might wish to stick to such configuration as I would reckon it's easier to clean. Unless you are entertaining smaller groups, especially with immediate family over, it's nice to have the couches like the way you placed in the picture. Very nice house and very bold to have 3 rooms knocked down to one. Any more pictures on your bedroom? I would like some ideas on how people configure their rooms after knocking down their walls.

1000001244.JPG

The rented place in Fernvale which I was staying for 2 months had the sofa 'side by side' against the wall.. its just so weird, imagine your guests come visiting and they all sitting in a row... a funny sight... This arrangement seems the most ideal, but I do see your point of smaller space. Perhaps have them closer each other and put a nice lamp/side table/plant at the 'corner gap' where both sofas meet?

Very plush sofas btw :drunk: