Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_skies

Our Ea Reno At Pasir Ris

blue skies too busy to upload the finished work, i Volunteer to complete her mission...

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

Her Open Concept Kitchen

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

Her New Bathtub

IMG_0912.jpg

Her Wardrobe (One of the...)

PS: The house was old fashion and untidy laying out, after make over- it appears very spaces and neat after hacking off of walls & wall plastering.

Owner is decisive and determined respectively over the whole project, result are end up up to expectation ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

blueskies, congrats to your nice and spacious house!!

for the bathtub, i saw like a recess area where you put your shampoo and stuff..issit constructed specially using brick and cement and tiled??

joyousonline,

Thanks! Actually that recess area is the original design of the toilet, and it goes all the way down to the toilet floor. We wanted to make full use of the recess space, so the tilers filled it up with hollow blocks and cement and then laid tiles over the horizontal surface such that it is level with the bath tub. Only the lower shelf is tiled. The upper shelf is laminated wood that I got my carpenter to cut and install.

edenstrauss,

You wouldn't have dared step into the kitchen or toilet in its original state :D

Edited by blue_skies

oh cool.....can really put those toiletries inside..but how issit using the sit down bathtub?? nv used b4....do u sit down and bathe then?? i shall go nan wah and take a look at the bathtubs one of these days.

oh cool.....can really put those toiletries inside..but how issit using the sit down bathtub?? nv used b4....do u sit down and bathe then?? i shall go nan wah and take a look at the bathtubs one of these days.

Sit down bath - yup you can sit down on the "step" and bathe, or you can also stand. But standing a bit more messy coz water may splash onto the floor (unless you have a cover to keep the water in).

Personally I think sit down baths are good alternative for HDB flat toilets if you really want a bath tub. It's useful if you have young children - can sit them down inside the tub instead of standing. The bath tub also doubles as a wash area for my bigger items (and the dirty water is all kept within the bath tub, plus it's easy to clean, just a bit of cif and a sponge).

Sit down bath - yup you can sit down on the "step" and bathe, or you can also stand. But standing a bit more messy coz water may splash onto the floor (unless you have a cover to keep the water in).

Personally I think sit down baths are good alternative for HDB flat toilets if you really want a bath tub. It's useful if you have young children - can sit them down inside the tub instead of standing. The bath tub also doubles as a wash area for my bigger items (and the dirty water is all kept within the bath tub, plus it's easy to clean, just a bit of cif and a sponge).

sounds good to have a sit down bath tub..save space..will check out nanwah.....do you need mixer for this bathtub??

sounds good to have a sit down bath tub..save space..will check out nanwah.....do you need mixer for this bathtub??

I have a hot water tank so yes, I installed bath mixers for the bathtub. But I guess it's up to you. You could use an instant hot water heater with a bathtub too, it's a personal choice :)

Hi Tiler Seng

I am waiting to get the keys to my new flat at Jalan Kayu, pls quote me the cost of tiling the living room+dining room (homogenous tiles) and 3 bedrooms. Flat is 90sqm.

Pls email me at jlbenthong@gmail.com. Thanks!

It's been almost 1.5 years since I renovated my home. Everything that I renovated / installed is still good, no leaks from pipes, sinks etc, electrical wiring all good too.

Just wanted to thank Ronald for sending someone to help clean my tiles last week because there was some old stain on them that I couldn't get rid of.

Edited by blue_skies

You can try to take some measurements for your toilet, you'd be surprised that you can fit a small tub inside. My contractor also helped me with squeezing in of the bathtub and organising all the plumbing. I changed the doorway of my common toilet so that the tub could sit in nicely at one corner.

Hi blue_skies,

Mind sharing your contractor and your Tiler Seng?

Im intending to put a bathtub as well! But im not so sure about the floorwaste position.

Please email me at sent.with.xoxo@gmail.com.

Thank you! :D