Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_skies

Our Ea Reno At Pasir Ris

Hi,

Just wanted to share photos of our renovated EA at Pasir Ris (144 sq m).

I must admit I was a bit too pre-occupied with the reno so didn't take much photos of the renovation process (hacking etc).

No interior designers were engaged, got Ronald and Tiler Seng from Designer House to do most of the renovation works, plus a carpenter for the carpentry works (Andrew Chin from Chin Jun Furniture).

Here's the original floor plan for a start. It's actually been modified by the first owner (we are third owners). The store room has been shifted so that the Master room door no longer exists. A wall has been hacked between the Master room and Bedroom 3 so they are adjoining and share a common door (Bedroom 3 door).

Floor Plan

floorplan.jpg

Edited by blue_skies

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The major changes to be done:

- Hack study room wall adjoining to kitchen

- Hack wall of study and kitchen to have open concept kitchen

- Hack a wall at service balcony to make kitchen more open

- Change doorway for common toilet so that can install sit down bathtub

This is in addition to

- Hack and re lay tiles in kitchen & study room area & service balcony

- Re do whole house plumbing

- Hack both toilet floor tiles and re lay tiles, install bath tub for both toilets

- Re do whole house electrical wiring

- Plastering whole house

- Change all doors

- Replace kitchen cabinets with L shape counter top

- Install built in wardrobes for 3 bedrooms

We had a timeline of approx 6 wks for everything. Plan is to move in at end of Jan before CNY.

Here are some photos before renovation - thanks to Ronald for the photos:

Main door

maindoor.jpg

Living room

livingroomw.jpg

Study room wall to be hacked (both walls)

studyroomwalltobehacked.jpg

Kitchen wall (adjoining to study room) to be hacked

kitchenwalladjoiningtos.jpg

Edited by blue_skies

Common toilet

commontoilet.jpg

Master rm toilet

mastertoilet.jpg

Master Rm

masterroom.jpg

Bedroom 3 (adjoining with Master Rm)

bedroom3.jpg

Bedroom 2

bedroom2pa.jpg

Finally managed to post the images instead of the links.

These photos really don't do justice to the house.

House cleaning was completed yesterday and all the debris moved out. Installation of cabinets and wardrobes starts today.

Photos after cleaning up of the house

Living room - love the nicely plastered walls :) A far cry from the original rock stone walls

By the way, didn't change the flooring in the living rooms or bedrooms coz we wanted to save cost, so that's the original flooring.

livingarea1medium.jpg

Another view of the living room - the cupboards in the background are actually the sliding cabinets for the rooms

livingarea2medium.jpg

Work in progress - Installation of the kitchen cabinets.

The dining table will be placed under where the fan light is located.

The kitchen floor tiles and wall tiles have been changed. Same tiles used for service balcony area.

installingkitchencabine.jpg

More photos of works in progress:

L-shaped kitchen counter top - Hob and kitchen top not installed yet.

lshapekitchentopmedium.jpg

Kitchen sink area - Sink and kitchen top not installed yet. Fridge to be placed at the wall on the right.

kitchensinkareamedium.jpg

Living room with curtains

livingroomwithcurtainsm.jpg

Bedroom 2 with curtains and sliding cabinets below window (there is a recess area there). All bedrooms use the same curtains and also have sliding cabinets below the window.

bedroom2withcurtainsmed.jpg

Master toilet - WC, sink, hairdryer! Kept the original wall tiles to save cost. Used PVC folding door so that naughty little fingers don't get hurt if they are trapped in there :)

mastertoiletmedium.jpg

Master room toilet with bathtub

mastertoiletbathtubmedi.jpg

Wrought iron gate (galvanised), plus an acrylic sheet at the bottom to keep the rain out coz the rain comes into the corridor. Door is not painted yet.

wroughtirongatemedium.jpg

The Grey Tub looking good :good:

Thanks Ronald :) Trust me, a bathtub beats a rain shower hands down :D

Your guys are great, nice people to work with. The plasterer is very good, my mum keeps looking at the walls and says it's very even. Haha.

The tiles in the kitchen look good with the kitchen cabinets fully up now. I just moved in over the weekend and still busy unpacking, will post more photos soon.

Oh, and sorry for terrorising Sam and one of Seng's guys (I think his name is Hua?) with lowering my toilet kerb until it's almost non-existent :) But it's what we need, many thanks for your guys kind patience. I hope Sam didn't lose more hair after managing the reno at our place. Haha!

Hi,

Just wanted to share photos of our renovated EA at Pasir Ris (144 sq m).

I must admit I was a bit too pre-occupied with the reno so didn't take much photos of the renovation process (hacking etc).

No interior designers were engaged, got Ronald and Tiler Seng from Designer House to do most of the renovation works, plus a carpenter for the carpentry works (Andrew Chin from Chin Jun Furniture).

Here's the original floor plan for a start. It's actually been modified by the first owner (we are third owners). The store room has been shifted so that the Master room door no longer exists. A wall has been hacked between the Master room and Bedroom 3 so they are adjoining and share a common door (Bedroom 3 door).

Floor Plan

floorplan.jpg

nice tub!

Do you mind to provide the dim of the tub and also costs ?

I am looking at outting one in my coming flat, but seems like HDB toilets are just too small, wo hacking.

thanks

mice

Wow! you put in a lot of effort and money. The end result is a good one. very nice new house to stay in.

Thanks. Actually the reno cost was alright coz no ID was involved.

The cupboards and wardrobes was quite substantial coz my room cupboards have got beams / slanting walls behind them, plus end to end is 152" (or almost 13 feet), and this was for 2 bedrooms. Plus we chose to use the slightly more costly formica for the kitchen cabinets.

nice tub!

Do you mind to provide the dim of the tub and also costs ?

I am looking at outting one in my coming flat, but seems like HDB toilets are just too small, wo hacking.

thanks

mice

The sitting bathtub that I used is bought from Nan Wah Marketing - size is 1220 x 760mm. Two bath tubs cost me about $380 in total. Brand is Wilton, model: Carina.

If you don't want sitting bath (sitting bath has a step that you can put your butt on), you can opt for a normal small tub (without the step inside to sit on). I think the size of this is 1100mm in length. I saw this at Nan Wah Marketing too. Not too sure about the cost, but shouldn't cost too much comapred to the other one above.

There's another brand of sitting bath that is slightly smaller (lengthwise, I think 1200 or something). Let me go check the name of the shop that has it and I'll post it again on this thread.

You can try to take some measurements for your toilet, you'd be surprised that you can fit a small tub inside. My contractor also helped me with squeezing in of the bathtub and organising all the plumbing. I changed the doorway of my common toilet so that the tub could sit in nicely at one corner.