Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

He is already "One Head Two Big" ~~~ wonder this weekend will he be choosing tiles again seeing the comments. :unsure:

ermmm... won't la... wife not ard... plus already confirmed with contractor... think gd or bad... just live with it lor... :(

don't think he will lah. wife not around this weekend.... the most, he will go check out sanitary wares... that also will give him a big big headache already. hehehehee....

yah... think weekends... likely to check out sanitary wares again... but will go check out Poh Joo, Royal Fanco, GRLink...

and maybe also settle my projector and HTS...

hmmm... and maybe talk to contractor abt the doors... sigh...

think i really want my veneer doors... :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ermmm... won't la... wife not ard... plus already confirmed with contractor... think gd or bad... just live with it lor... :(

yah... think weekends... likely to check out sanitary wares again... but will go check out Poh Joo, Royal Fanco, GRLink...

and maybe also settle my projector and HTS...

hmmm... and maybe talk to contractor abt the doors... sigh...

think i really want my veneer doors... :(

Arhhhh....wife not around this weekend = STRESS-LESS , and you can freely choose the sanitary wares without Big Big headache ~~~ just joking :lol:

Just some 2-cents worth;

and IKEA Expedit shelf ($119), placed horizontally, as my tv bench,

expedit-shelving-unit-brown.jpg

Expedit Shelving Unit

I would be able to save more... :(

What would you do if you were me? :dunno:

Have you considered that your dvd-players/ speakers etc can fit into the width of the Expedit?

I would probably get a proper tv-console (I'm quite anal about concealing wires and stuffs, then again, that's me)

observation;

>Kitchen lights, noticed that you have 1 light to share to illumate your L-shape work-top area. Having the additional led is briliant (do note that a LEDs ain'tn gonna come cheap though)

>Dinning lights should you be fixing your dinning table for good; a pendant light would be good,

Coves tends to gives a 'softer' feel in terms of lighting.

>noted that you have quite a number of coves (dinning, HTS area, MBR) have you considered switching one to downlights?

I have a cove of 6 x T5; 2x T5: one switch & 4 x T5 one switch (which I rarely use actually)

do note that you would be requiring 8 T5s of 144Ws for your cove layout

personally,

I have only one 5 LED light on my bathroom vainty to light up my bathroom, personally I find it is sufficient. :)

Quick Updates!

My Lighting Plan (draft v3)

lighting%20plan%20v3.jpg

blue line - T5 cove lighting

red line - under-cabinet LED lights

yellow circle - downlights

blue circle - normal ceiling lights

green circle - motion-sensor light

green triangle - wall-mounted uplights

red triangle - wall-mounted outdoor downlights

My thoughts:

1. may need some downlights or hanging lights at the breakfast counter...

2. upper toilets may need more lights; esp wall-mounted side-lights for the mirrors at the vainty counters for mirror lighting or just ceiling lights for general lighting...

3. my Arco lamp will be at the living room area, to provide 2nd level lighting, for reading purposes.

4. the bedroom study table will have table lamps for general task lighting...

Pls give me your comments.

Thanks!

yah... takes a while to ermmm get a hang of floorplanner... but quite ok for newbies la... esp after you have calibrated your scale... quite easy to do furniture placement, and measure walking space allowance... :)

yes... the renovation process is very siong... i regret not going to view the tiles earlier... esp right after i done my OTP... i should have go and look at the tiles and the prices of those that i'm likely to use...

given a chance again... i think i might just get an ID... and print out the pics we like... and get him/her to do exactly the same... including selection of materials, colour scheme, etc...

really tough to juggle office work, sch assignments and exams, and wedding prep together with renovation... want to die liao...

:(

Edited by dexufto

The toilet at my old place was predominantly dark tones, and i grew to hate it because i couldn't see where the algae, if any, was growing. I was also accustomed with switching on the lights everytime i used it, even in daytime because it just feels so dark. Dark colors really absorb light. My 2cents.

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur! HAHA, using organiser's broadband to post a quick message!

HALLO! Great to see the many advice! My fickle-minded hubby needs to hear from many many people before he can decide to purchase a certain item. :P (actually so do I)

Thanks!!

cs >> if you are doing cove lights, just insist to your contractor to use led strips too. less electricity, as bright or even brighter than tubes, more dependable and no heat. only thing you wanna keep in mind, don't get cheated on cost - if they overcharge you just tell them no need provide the strips, just get the wiring point for each end of every strip done and get the 12v power brick and strips from sim lim tower/square.

p.s. rick, if your toilet dark cannot see algae then better right, ignorance is bliss hehehehe. but i see your point.

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur! HAHA, using organiser's broadband to post a quick message!

HALLO! Great to see the many advice! My fickle-minded hubby needs to hear from many many people before he can decide to purchase a certain item. :P (actually so do I)

Thanks!!

Working overseas still come online to check on RT?? First house and it's the place where both of you will start your marriage life together. Of course have to make it as prefect as possible. :)

cs >> if you are doing cove lights, just insist to your contractor to use led strips too. less electricity, as bright or even brighter than tubes, more dependable and no heat. only thing you wanna keep in mind, don't get cheated on cost - if they overcharge you just tell them no need provide the strips, just get the wiring point for each end of every strip done and get the 12v power brick and strips from sim lim tower/square.

p.s. rick, if your toilet dark cannot see algae then better right, ignorance is bliss hehehehe. but i see your point.

hey hafiizh,

you got contact to get the LED strips?

can PM me?

thanks!

Just some 2-cents worth;

Have you considered that your dvd-players/ speakers etc can fit into the width of the Expedit?

I would probably get a proper tv-console (I'm quite anal about concealing wires and stuffs, then again, that's me)

ohh... we decided to get the MAX TV console from Cellini instead; to match with the sofa set and also the dining table... but the coffee table... we'll just source for a cheaper and less bulky one... if not, then do without it first... :)

observation;

>Kitchen lights, noticed that you have 1 light to share to illumate your L-shape work-top area. Having the additional led is briliant (do note that a LEDs ain'tn gonna come cheap though)

>Dinning lights should you be fixing your dinning table for good; a pendant light would be good,

Coves tends to gives a 'softer' feel in terms of lighting.

I asked the contractor uncle to do under-cabinet LED lighting for me... but he doesn't want leh... zzz one lor... maybe i'll have to DIY abit...

The pendant or hanging lights... still considering... currently, have no plans... but somebody commented should have... if not cannot see the food... :P

i prefer the "softer" diffused lighting, which cove lightings give la...

>noted that you have quite a number of coves (dinning, HTS area, MBR) have you considered switching one to downlights?

I have a cove of 6 x T5; 2x T5: one switch & 4 x T5 one switch (which I rarely use actually)

do note that you would be requiring 8 T5s of 144Ws for your cove layout

I thought having downlights will mean having to do false ceiling which will lower the ceilings, which i don't want lor... :( though i think for my dining area, maybe 4 downlights will be more than sufficient...

just been to madwarrior79's place just now... noticed that she has 4 downlights for her dining area... hmmm....

personally,

I have only one 5 LED light on my bathroom vainty to light up my bathroom, personally I find it is sufficient. :)

Oh... so just one 5-LED light on top of the bathroom vanity counter?

I also think 1 light should be enough la... coz my bathroom also not very big... but i prefer it to be directly on top of the edge of the vanity counter... :P

The toilet at my old place was predominantly dark tones, and i grew to hate it because i couldn't see where the algae, if any, was growing. I was also accustomed with switching on the lights everytime i used it, even in daytime because it just feels so dark. Dark colors really absorb light. My 2cents.

thanks for your advice.

did consider this pt abt being dark... hence earlier intention was to go with a lighter theme...

but somehow, we still ended up with this... anyway, the rest of the walls are very very light grey... so it shouldn't be too dark la... I hope...

let's see how the effect turn out to be... *cross fingers*

Tomorrow will be the start of the hacking.

mixed feelings. :unsure:

you will feel happier as you see all the reno are coming together towards your dream home.....

Quick Updates:

Renovation hacking supposed to start officially on 4 Apr 2011.

However, think it's the start of Chinese Qing Ming Festival, plus advice from Linda to pick another day, as 4 Apr major clash with my Day Master...

hence changed to last Sat morning to "Dong Tu" (symbolically start renovation)...

Not that i'm super pan-tang, but if can follow, follow lor... everyone also wants to have smooth renovation and gd luck mah...

Hence, I popped by the neighbourhood joss-stick and incense paper shop... and asked the uncle...

"Uncle ah, I want to start renovation (Dong Tu). What to buy ah?".... uncle very experienced... straight away know it's for "Di Zhu Gong" (aka "House Deity") "bai-bai" (pray) one...

So... I've gotten:

1. 1 pair of red candles

2. 1 standard set of joss-sticks

3. 1 tea packet

4. 1 packet of candies

5. 1 stack of incense paper

6. 5 x oranges

7. 1 x fa-gao (glutinous rice cake???) - supposed to symbolize prosperity???

8. 1 x new hammer

first time "bai-bai" by myself... usually during 7th month, etc... my mum will ask me to go with her... then i'll go reluctantly... I'm not the "bai-bai" sort... so usually will try to siam la...

Linda gave me some advice to prepare for the simple "ceremony"... but i still blur blur... then ended up... just improvise on the spot lor...

while setting up the "stage" to "bai-bai"... all the while, I scared wind too strong, then the burning paper fly around and burn the place... :(

I think I really quite paranoid at times...

Dong_Tu.jpg

luckily the burning paper never anyhow fly... but towards the end, the paper container (actually, it's the box for the lockset, left over by my contractor), got burnt... hence the "fiery" image above... :P

after that, I took the new hammer and went around the living room to "knock-knock" the corners symbolically (LOL... i initially thought, need to hit until tile break kind... WAHAHAHA)... but even symbolically, it's still very LOUD... now I can imagine the noise my new neighbours will have to go thru for the next few days... :P

Edited by csingeu

finally started!! very soon it'll be over, hehe. look forward to seeing the in progress pics!

wish u everything shun shun!

Edited by Soichiro

can la... i can see dirts very clearly in my dark dark toilet... maybe becos i'm quite particular about cleanliness so it helps my eyes to grow sharper :P (P.S: hubby can't see the dirts though. LOL)

Thanks!!

wah so ON~ coming back to SG soon?

The pendant or hanging lights... still considering... currently, have no plans... but somebody commented should have... if not cannot see the food... :P

i prefer the "softer" diffused lighting, which cove lightings give la...

I thought having downlights will mean having to do false ceiling which will lower the ceilings, which i don't want lor... :( though i think for my dining area, maybe 4 downlights will be more than sufficient...

just been to madwarrior79's place just now... noticed that she has 4 downlights for her dining area... hmmm....

i think i'm the somebody... LOL :lol:

you can do L-box for downlights... so that would be like the light holder for the cove lights... i have 8 downlights around dining room but usually only use 4 ;)