Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

Quick updates:

Quite a few things happened over the last weekend...

Group buys:

1. Group Buy For Leifheit 3-in-1 Wall Roll Holder From Hogarmas

3-in-1%20kitchen%20holder.jpg

Bought 2 sets (1 for my new place, 1 for my sis, who's moving to her new unit later half of this yr).

Actually not too sure why I got it too, but since got people organizing group buy + got people want to buy + got 50% discount = must be reasonably gd and useful and worth it la... :P

My sis was like telling me "I also don't know whether I got kitchen wall available to mount it or not... " LOL... ok la... maybe later she will appreciate it... I hope...

Told one of my colleagues abt it; she said I'm very "uncle"... bleahz...

2. Group Buy: Arco Floor Lamp, Fantastic floor lamp designed by Achille Castiglioni for Flos in 1962

arco%20lamp.jpg

Missed the first group buy earlier on, as I just joined renotalk and was skeptical abt such group buys (i'm paranoid that it could be a scam... or inferior goods passing off as cheaper but quality stuffs).

But after reading some of the reviews from buyers of the first group buy; it seemed quite ok... (maybe it's all just clones by the organiser... ok i'm being paranoid here...)

Did some research online...

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/lightin...tiglioni-005041

http://www.ylighting.com/arco.html

Seems like a genuine piece can cost between USD$1.7K to $2.7K... :jawdrop:

being able to own a replica designer lamp at SGD$400+ seems like a gd deal.

most imptly, WTB also likes it... :D

first saw it at a friend (an expat in the banking industry)'s apartment. thought it looks gd... and quite an eye-catching and yet functional item...

Housewarming visits:

1. dexufto's We Live Love Laugh, one blessed resale 3i@ TPY

Read my review here (http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=604427)

2. Salsa friend's place @ ******** (censored for privacy reasons; no pics too)

Landed home somewhere near ECP... indeed very spacious....

now that I'm into renovation research... when i'm visiting people's homes... I tend to look at the lightings... and the kitchen layout, materials used, appliances... and toilet accessories + placement of lightings...

her place very cool... got recessed speaker thru the whole place... thru centralized sound system...

2 kitchens (1 dry indoor kitchen island with induction cooker stove and they got the eubiq electric strip too... i'll consider this for my kitchen too... dexufto has it too; another "wet" outdoor kitchen, with teppanyaki hot plate kitchen island and gas stove at the side)

spa/dip pool! and with very cool outdoor wicker loveseat beside it, under the pergola...

wicker%20loveseat.jpg

looks like this, but without the cover... seen it on some forummer's t-blog too... thinking of getting this for my open-air balcony... but unsheltered and subjected to rain and sun.... a bit heartpain ah? ... and no maid to help me clean and take care also... *better think twice...* plus balcony also not super big la...

BUT i'm inspired to get wicker and fabric sofa... actually... i've a pic of it in my earlier posts (from Reiki's t-blog)... thought it gives a very resorty feel...

She has an entertainment room too! think 65" LED (or is it plasma or lcd) TV... with Wii and PS3!!! and 7.1 (or is it 5.1) speaker system... really shiok for playing console games and watching movie... but somehow whenever we were over for rockband party... the speaker volume was kept low, so can't really feel the ommmhhh of the speakers... :(

If i were to get a projector with 100" screen... i'm sure to beat this... and it's like my dream too!!! home cinema!!! LOL... one of my JC friends who's living in a landed property has a projector at his living room too... very shiok to play games (esp console games like wii rockband, xbox COD4/5) for house parties!!! or even just movie marathons!!

BUT WTB thinks it's a waste of money... :( (esp when we are quite cash-strapped now...) must be realistic... but but... hmmm... my dream leh...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Read RimBlock's t-blog that he has gotten a projector (Epson home cinema projector?) and projector screen at ard $3K+ ... I'm thinking i'll need like maybe $5K to get my projector + screen + 5.1 HTS...

it's quite unlikely WTB will agree to it... hmmm... oh well... let's see how la... need to relook at my budget again...

i really like the idea of wall-mounted holder... currently, my kitchen roll is very obstructing and always fall over when i want it to stand... grrrr :bangwall:

i also like the Alco lamp, but hubby dislikes any lights that are NOT fixed to the ceiling (reason: don't want to clean!!!) :huh:

i think this sofa is for outdoor used de... should be okie to leave in balcony? :)

on projector: my fren who stays in a 5-room HDB was using projector + screen as his "TV", after some time, they gave up the idea and bought a TV. now i think the projector is dying liao (they just moved in 3 yrs ago, and the projector was half dead since last yr).. if you're not some movie buffs and just on TV to watch news ah, drama ah etc, using a projector is troublesome... but i think it would be nice to watch soccer on big screen though... hahaha :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i really like the idea of wall-mounted holder... currently, my kitchen roll is very obstructing and always fall over when i want it to stand... grrrr :bangwall:

maybe cos I'm not using the kitchen at home now... maybe next time when I have my own place, i would prob find it useful, esp if we are going to cook and prepare meals... :P

i also like the Alco lamp, but hubby dislikes any lights that are NOT fixed to the ceiling (reason: don't want to clean!!!) :huh:

LOL... actually, I like the fact that it's NOT fixed.. so I have flexibility...

coz with fixed ceiling lights... the use of the living space is some sort fixed... esp the placement of your sofa, reading corner, or even dining room (if using ceiling-hung pendant lamp or so)...

Anyway, i was reading the "lighting bible" i've bought...

it was talking abt lighting scheme, and how to "layer" your lights...

so I was thinking for my living room... I'll use warm lights for my cove lighting for general ambience lighting and don't want down lights, since i don't need it to be very bright when watching tv or so...

the floor lamp (in this case, Arco lamp) will provide the 2nd layer (and lower level) of lighting, to create a focal point for people to gather ard the sofa area, if need to chit-chat and chill or play some boardgames etc... or even for reading books while lazing on the sofa...

Alternatively, similar idea, for the dining area, i intend to do L-box with cove lighting (without down lights), for ambient lighting (again)... and maybe instead of pendant lights which will be fixed, and sort of determine the position of your dining table (and prob the size too)... so using the Arco lamp may be ok...

Having said this, i think i still likely to use pendant lamp for the dining area... (which is pretty common) and provide a gd focal point over the dining table...

according to the book, people are attracted (and feel welcomed) at bright places... :P

BUT again, not like i'll be changing space configuration very often, i just like the idea of having more flexibility.

i think this sofa is for outdoor used de... should be okie to leave in balcony? :)

I would think so... I scared the bird dropping and what's not... maybe must remember to bring in the cushions, when not using... and whether difficult to maintain and clean or not...

on projector: my fren who stays in a 5-room HDB was using projector + screen as his "TV", after some time, they gave up the idea and bought a TV. now i think the projector is dying liao (they just moved in 3 yrs ago, and the projector was half dead since last yr).. if you're not some movie buffs and just on TV to watch news ah, drama ah etc, using a projector is troublesome... but i think it would be nice to watch soccer on big screen though... hahaha :lol:

EH... i intend to have both TV and projector in my living room...

I think a lot of people (incl my WTB) think that why need 2? projector and tv are not equal substitutes... to me, they serve different purposes...

I'll definitely use the TV for general TV watching (drama, variety shows, news, etc)...

the projector is for house parties, movie watching, play console games... :P

and WTB's question to me was "how often do you think we'll have house parties? 2-3 times a yr??!!?"

LOL... how abt every other weekends? hehehe...

Edited by csingeu

Can c that you are really fast! Bought fridge and washer before reno start ;)

read your posting abt ID. And yes, i have seen ID recycling their work, using same material and same design. LOL

Can c that you are really fast! Bought fridge and washer before reno start ;)

read your posting abt ID. And yes, i have seen ID recycling their work, using same material and same design. LOL

LOL!

no no no... haven't bought yet..

just wishlist (cos doing our research, and some budget planning)... :P

just getting ballpark figures of the big-ticket (and essential) items, such as electrical appliances, sofa, tv, dining table, mattress & bedframe, aircon, etc...

so that, i have a more realistic sense of how much I actually have spare for my renovation, if i intend to do a few things more than just basic rehaul, eg. chengal wood decking for open-air balcony, stone wall feature for balcony... and of coz... my projector and 5.1 HTS.. LOL...

as a lot of forummers have mentioned, no pt buying electrical appliances too early... coz

1. prices will definitely drop every quarter (esp for TVs) when there is major electronics fairs or new models coming out

2. you "reduce the lifespan" of your warranty... if the warranty is based on the day of purchase, rather than the day of delivery... and in some cases, may need to pay for storage costs, if the shop cannot hold the item for you....

UNLESS... now got some warehouse sales, with >50% discounts la (like some of those recent Gain City expo warehouse sale or wat)...

For now, think settle ID/contractor first... then go back to furniture hunting. :P

at least washing machine, fridge, aircon, hood & hob, we already got some ideas what we intend to get.. also the price range. :)

maybe cos I'm not using the kitchen at home now... maybe next time when I have my own place, i would prob find it useful, esp if we are going to cook and prepare meals... :P

LOL... actually, I like the fact that it's NOT fixed.. so I have flexibility...

coz with fixed ceiling lights... the use of the living space is some sort fixed... esp the placement of your sofa, reading corner, or even dining room (if using ceiling-hung pendant lamp or so)...

Anyway, i was reading the "lighting bible" i've bought...

it was talking abt lighting scheme, and how to "layer" your lights...

so I was thinking for my living room... I'll use warm lights for my cove lighting for general ambience lighting and don't want down lights, since i don't need it to be very bright when watching tv or so...

the floor lamp (in this case, Arco lamp) will provide the 2nd layer (and lower level) of lighting, to create a focal point for people to gather ard the sofa area, if need to chit-chat and chill or play some boardgames etc... or even for reading books while lazing on the sofa...

Alternatively, similar idea, for the dining area, i intend to do L-box with cove lighting (without down lights), for ambient lighting (again)... and maybe instead of pendant lights which will be fixed, and sort of determine the position of your dining table (and prob the size too)... so using the Arco lamp may be ok...

Having said this, i think i still likely to use pendant lamp for the dining area... (which is pretty common) and provide a gd focal point over the dining table...

according to the book, people are attracted (and feel welcomed) at bright places... :P

BUT again, not like i'll be changing space configuration very often, i just like the idea of having more flexibility.

I would think so... I scared the bird dropping and what's not... maybe must remember to bring in the cushions, when not using... and whether difficult to maintain and clean or not...

EH... i intend to have both TV and projector in my living room...

I think a lot of people (incl my WTB) think that why need 2? projector and tv are not equal substitutes... to me, they serve different purposes...

I'll definitely use the TV for general TV watching (drama, variety shows, news, etc)...

the projector is for house parties, movie watching, play console games... :P

and WTB's question to me was "how often do you think we'll have house parties? 2-3 times a yr??!!?"

LOL... how abt every other weekends? hehehe...

LOL... my hubby is a v pragmatic person who believes that less is more. for me, i like things that can be moved around, so you can see i don't have any built-in carpentry except for kitchen - he can agree to this point cos off-the-shelf furniture are cheaper :lol: but when it comes to lights.... it's a big :no:

some more we have ceiling fans everywhere, so the only option for fixed lighting is... L-box with downlight.... i'd love to have pendant lights though.... :(

i'm prepared to host many parties/gathering at home but my friends all said.... Jurong is very far! :(

LOL!

no no no... haven't bought yet..

just wishlist (cos doing our research, and some budget planning)... :P

just getting ballpark figures of the big-ticket (and essential) items, such as electrical appliances, sofa, tv, dining table, mattress & bedframe, aircon, etc...

so that, i have a more realistic sense of how much I actually have spare for my renovation, if i intend to do a few things more than just basic rehaul, eg. chengal wood decking for open-air balcony, stone wall feature for balcony... and of coz... my projector and 5.1 HTS.. LOL...

as a lot of forummers have mentioned, no pt buying electrical appliances too early... coz

1. prices will definitely drop every quarter (esp for TVs) when there is major electronics fairs or new models coming out

2. you "reduce the lifespan" of your warranty... if the warranty is based on the day of purchase, rather than the day of delivery... and in some cases, may need to pay for storage costs, if the shop cannot hold the item for you....

UNLESS... now got some warehouse sales, with >50% discounts la (like some of those recent Gain City expo warehouse sale or wat)...

For now, think settle ID/contractor first... then go back to furniture hunting. :P

at least washing machine, fridge, aircon, hood & hob, we already got some ideas what we intend to get.. also the price range. :)

talking about fridge, my fridge is the Hitachi one you wanna get, but of a smaller capacity.

from what i surveyed, Mega has the best price for the stainless steel one. hope it's still the same now... do remember to check it out ;)

btw, get the Stanchart Manhatten Card, plan your purchase swee swee to get the maximum 5% rebate every quarter :lol:

talking about fridge, my fridge is the Hitachi one you wanna get, but of a smaller capacity.

from what i surveyed, Mega has the best price for the stainless steel one. hope it's still the same now... do remember to check it out ;)

btw, get the Stanchart Manhatten Card, plan your purchase swee swee to get the maximum 5% rebate every quarter :lol:

great .. maximize credit card benefits for more cost saving.. must make proper plan too for every qtr

mega has the best price? hmm hehe shall check that out as i'm looking for stainless steel too.. oops think my house is full of stainless steel!

Was actually quite clueless abt fridges, coz they all looked the same.

Sis got a panasonic one.

Friend got a Samsung one.

WTB thinks the "freezer-at-the-bottom" design not very "smart".

I'm intrigued by how flashing LED lights can increase vitamin levels in food. LOL...

Went to Kong Tai (which is near blk 505 market; and recommended by some forummers for getting electrical appliances), and the salesperson there recommended that Hitachi model.

Read thru the sales brochure; seemed quite ok so decided to get similar model.

Wanted something at least 400L capacity (not too sure if it's too much; coz some friends said.. actually their fridge only stores very little things like fruits, chocolates, juicies, drinks, etc) and stainless steel seems like a "neutral" choice.

You mean Mega Discount at Kallang Leisure Park?

great .. maximize credit card benefits for more cost saving.. must make proper plan too for every qtr

mega has the best price? hmm hehe shall check that out as i'm looking for stainless steel too.. oops think my house is full of stainless steel!

No StanChart credit card now. headache to manage all the credit cards leh... sigh...

i guess the most have 2 quarters to maximize only.

This quarter (Jan-Mar) and next quarter (Apr-Jun)... No?

Edited by csingeu

Mega has price matching policy, so if you found it's cheaper somewhere else, you can call them up to reduce the price. BUT, but, if you wanna use credit card, you pay everything upfront then can't do this anymore. so it's better to survey around first then go there.

i was lucky cos i didn't do much research on fridge price... went there becos of good comments on RT. ended up, the stainless steel model is $50 to even $100 cheaper than other stores i visited~ :lol:

Sis got a panasonic one.

I'm intrigued by how flashing LED lights can increase vitamin levels in food. LOL...

Went to Kong Tai (which is near blk 505 market; and recommended by some forummers for getting electrical appliances), and the salesperson there recommended that Hitachi model.

Read thru the sales brochure; seemed quite ok so decided to get similar model.

Wanted something at least 400L capacity (not too sure if it's too much; coz some friends said.. actually their fridge only stores very little things like fruits, chocolates, juicies, drinks, etc) and stainless steel seems like a "neutral" choice.

No StanChart credit card now. headache to manage all the credit cards leh... sigh...

i guess the most have 2 quarters to maximize only.

This quarter (Jan-Mar) and next quarter (Apr-Jun)... No?

i also didn't have much requirement about fridge, most important thing is energy saving cos fridge is probably the only piece of appliance that works 24/7 at home. Hitachi one is 4 ticks, looks good, feels good, price is right, so i got it :lol: other 4 ticks ones include Fisher & Paykel i think.

mine is 365L iirc... i cook about 3 to 4 times per week and do marketing once a week. only the freezer and the veggie compartment is filled.. middle part is almost always empty LOL... but i supposed if we cook more in future, the "population" in the fridge will increase :P

yup Mega Discount at Kallang Leisure Park... i think they have 2 more outlets, one in UE square and the other one forgot where~ :P

No the Manhatten Card doesn't go by calender quarter. Say, if you get your card in Feb, then your quarter is Feb~Apr, May~Jul etc... if you plan your purchase swee swee, 2 pple (say you and your WTB) together can get back $600 rebates per quarter leh~

Mega has price matching policy, so if you found it's cheaper somewhere else, you can call them up to reduce the price. BUT, but, if you wanna use credit card, you pay everything upfront then can't do this anymore. so it's better to survey around first then go there.

i was lucky cos i didn't do much research on fridge price... went there becos of good comments on RT. ended up, the stainless steel model is $50 to even $100 cheaper than other stores i visited~ :lol:

i also didn't have much requirement about fridge, most important thing is energy saving cos fridge is probably the only piece of appliance that works 24/7 at home. Hitachi one is 4 ticks, looks good, feels good, price is right, so i got it :lol: other 4 ticks ones include Fisher & Paykel i think.

mine is 365L iirc... i cook about 3 to 4 times per week and do marketing once a week. only the freezer and the veggie compartment is filled.. middle part is almost always empty LOL... but i supposed if we cook more in future, the "population" in the fridge will increase :P

yup Mega Discount at Kallang Leisure Park... i think they have 2 more outlets, one in UE square and the other one forgot where~ :P

No the Manhatten Card doesn't go by calender quarter. Say, if you get your card in Feb, then your quarter is Feb~Apr, May~Jul etc... if you plan your purchase swee swee, 2 pple (say you and your WTB) together can get back $600 rebates per quarter leh~

Oh which hitachi you got?? Mine also hitachi, glass panel white colour. Not stainless steel.

I just cancelled my manhattan card. Why can get so much rebate? How does it work?

Sis got a panasonic one.

haha... LED lights got this function....? LOL.

my wifey chose based on colour and size. Mine is 506 litres i think, side by side - one side freezer. Can put lots of ice cream and frozen stuff. Wifey likes to cook but often is busy with work, so she likes to have everything in the fridge once she is free to cook.

colour is important as well. Unless your fridge is designer kind, should try to get those that blend into your kitchen or rather those that do not "snatch" attention from your kitchen cabinets (which should rightfully be prettier) :)

If you check out: els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp (no www in front), electrical consumption for a 3 tick and a 4 tick fridge of similar capacity would not differ much over a 5 year lifespan.

THere is also a Mega at Novena square as well. But i find Kong Tai more approachable and less pushy. I was at Kong Tai to do my homework as well. :)

Wow, impressive blog csingeu.

Hah, didn't know that I have a review.. thanks thanks.

I see that you got yourself another toy from ejzoen. nice.

p.s I certainly agree with you with the hts portion, it's a guy's thing. LoL

Quick updates:

Quite a few things happened over the last weekend...

Group buys:

1. Group Buy For Leifheit 3-in-1 Wall Roll Holder From Hogarmas

3-in-1%20kitchen%20holder.jpg

Bought 2 sets (1 for my new place, 1 for my sis, who's moving to her new unit later half of this yr).

Actually not too sure why I got it too, but since got people organizing group buy + got people want to buy + got 50% discount = must be reasonably gd and useful and worth it la... :P

My sis was like telling me "I also don't know whether I got kitchen wall available to mount it or not... " LOL... ok la... maybe later she will appreciate it... I hope...

Told one of my colleagues abt it; she said I'm very "uncle"... bleahz...

2. Group Buy: Arco Floor Lamp, Fantastic floor lamp designed by Achille Castiglioni for Flos in 1962

arco%20lamp.jpg

Missed the first group buy earlier on, as I just joined renotalk and was skeptical abt such group buys (i'm paranoid that it could be a scam... or inferior goods passing off as cheaper but quality stuffs).

But after reading some of the reviews from buyers of the first group buy; it seemed quite ok... (maybe it's all just clones by the organiser... ok i'm being paranoid here...)

Did some research online...

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/lightin...tiglioni-005041

http://www.ylighting.com/arco.html

Seems like a genuine piece can cost between USD$1.7K to $2.7K... :jawdrop:

being able to own a replica designer lamp at SGD$400+ seems like a gd deal.

most imptly, WTB also likes it... :D

first saw it at a friend (an expat in the banking industry)'s apartment. thought it looks gd... and quite an eye-catching and yet functional item...

Housewarming visits:

1. dexufto's We Live Love Laugh, one blessed resale 3i@ TPY

Read my review here (http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=604427)

2. Salsa friend's place @ ******** (censored for privacy reasons; no pics too)

Landed home somewhere near ECP... indeed very spacious....

now that I'm into renovation research... when i'm visiting people's homes... I tend to look at the lightings... and the kitchen layout, materials used, appliances... and toilet accessories + placement of lightings...

her place very cool... got recessed speaker thru the whole place... thru centralized sound system...

2 kitchens (1 dry indoor kitchen island with induction cooker stove and they got the eubiq electric strip too... i'll consider this for my kitchen too... dexufto has it too; another "wet" outdoor kitchen, with teppanyaki hot plate kitchen island and gas stove at the side)

spa/dip pool! and with very cool outdoor wicker loveseat beside it, under the pergola...

wicker%20loveseat.jpg

looks like this, but without the cover... seen it on some forummer's t-blog too... thinking of getting this for my open-air balcony... but unsheltered and subjected to rain and sun.... a bit heartpain ah? ... and no maid to help me clean and take care also... *better think twice...* plus balcony also not super big la...

BUT i'm inspired to get wicker and fabric sofa... actually... i've a pic of it in my earlier posts (from Reiki's t-blog)... thought it gives a very resorty feel...

She has an entertainment room too! think 65" LED (or is it plasma or lcd) TV... with Wii and PS3!!! and 7.1 (or is it 5.1) speaker system... really shiok for playing console games and watching movie... but somehow whenever we were over for rockband party... the speaker volume was kept low, so can't really feel the ommmhhh of the speakers... :(

If i were to get a projector with 100" screen... i'm sure to beat this... and it's like my dream too!!! home cinema!!! LOL... one of my JC friends who's living in a landed property has a projector at his living room too... very shiok to play games (esp console games like wii rockband, xbox COD4/5) for house parties!!! or even just movie marathons!!

BUT WTB thinks it's a waste of money... :( (esp when we are quite cash-strapped now...) must be realistic... but but... hmmm... my dream leh...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Read RimBlock's t-blog that he has gotten a projector (Epson home cinema projector?) and projector screen at ard $3K+ ... I'm thinking i'll need like maybe $5K to get my projector + screen + 5.1 HTS...

it's quite unlikely WTB will agree to it... hmmm... oh well... let's see how la... need to relook at my budget again...

Oh which hitachi you got?? Mine also hitachi, glass panel white colour. Not stainless steel.

I just cancelled my manhattan card. Why can get so much rebate? How does it work?

my hitachi fridge is R-Z451EMS/R-Z451EMSX. can't remember which one... anyway it's the stainless steel 365L one:

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...s.aspx?oid=2851

on the Manhatten Card, lemme try my best to explain...

rebate from Manhatten Card is based on monthly spending.

If your monthly statement is:

below $500 = 0.5% rebate

$500-1500 = 1% rebate

$1501-3000 = 2% rebate

$3000 = 5% rebate

rebate will be credited after every quarter. So if you get your card in Feb and start spending, the rebates will come in June's statement.

but the catch is: each quarter you can only get maximum of $300 rebate. Hence, to maximize rebate, you need to do the following. Say, in a quarter:

1st month: spend $3001. rebate = $150

2nd month: spend $3001. rebate = $150

3rd month: don't spend anything (if there is a 2nd card from husband/wife, can use his/her card during this month)

Rebate for quarter = $300 = 5% rebate.

If husband and wife each has a card, then altogther they can get $300x2 = $600 rebate per quarter.

i used this card for everything: wedding, reno, travel, dining (when there is no other credit card discount). even the lowest 0.5% rebate is better than many of the credit card point system, which typically converted to be ~0.3-0.4%, and you know you will get the rebate... not like say the Citibank dividend card which you have to hit the $50 rebate within a certain period to get the money back.

*disclaimer: i don't work for Stanchart. i really found this card useful so i'd like all my frens to know ;)

THere is also a Mega at Novena square as well. But i find Kong Tai more approachable and less pushy. I was at Kong Tai to do my homework as well. :)

oh i recee Kong Tai before too... the uncle seems to be very friendly... haha.

Yeah! I also look at the energy-saving 4-tick thing. same reason lor. it's the only electrical appliance that's switched on 24/7.

basically, nv cook last time... no idea how big is sufficient. and or what's our marketing session going to be like (think maybe once a week, or so)...

but would prefer at least 400L to cater for "future growth" and for those gathering (reunion dinner, etc), whereby we need to store quite a bit of stuff.

anyway, usage is likely to go up... so should be ok to get a bigger one now, rather than buy a small one first, then next time upgrade again, coz fridge should be quite long-lasting, if properly taken care of. :P