Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
january

Wobbly Ceiling Fan

My contractor's electricians just installed a V60WK ceiling fan in the living room and it wobbles quite a bit when it is turned on. Is some wobbling normal or did the electricians not install it correctly? Renotalkers please help me out! Thank youu.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My contractor's electricians just installed a V60WK ceiling fan in the living room and it wobbles quite a bit when it is turned on. Is some wobbling normal or did the electricians not install it correctly? Renotalkers please help me out! Thank youu.

din have the wobbling problem u mentioned. din see the electrician put any balancing kit also.... :unsure:

If you've read your instruction booklet that came with your fan you'd see the suggestion to swap the fan blades around to achieve a more balanced fan.

Okay so it seems like ceiling fans aren't supposed to wobble around... my contractor was smoking me again. Thanks bro, neubie and cleong for the helpful tips.

Is due to fan blade install wrongly.

The blade is screwed on to the centre body, using 3 screws.

Sometimes after screw on, the blade is not swee swee same angle.

How to test..

U use a measuring tape or ruler and measure distance of the the tip of the fan blade to the ceiling.

All blades MUST be same distance.

If 1 blade is hanging either too low or too high, the fan sure wobble.

The problem blade.. need to unscrew and screw back to achieve the same distance as all the other fan blade.

Can anyone recommend a reliable fan installer to adjust all my wobbly fans?

As usual, I bought the fans myself and got my contractor to install. He kept saying there's no perfect fan and all fans will wobble. But I'm reluctant to go back to the retail seller to ask them to resolve the wobbling.

If any of you know of some honest fan "uncle" who freelance fan installation, please pm me.

Thanks.

i kena this prob when my contractor installed one of my ceiling fan...super wobbly~

most prob i tink it is bcoz the blades are not balance..what i did was to find a small weight and stick temporary on the end of each blade (in the middle). U got to test each blade one at a time and find the "sweet spot". Once confirmed and not wobbling...change to very sticky dbl sided tape.

this shld settle the prob :)

Is due to fan blade install wrongly.

The blade is screwed on to the centre body, using 3 screws.

Sometimes after screw on, the blade is not swee swee same angle.

How to test..

U use a measuring tape or ruler and measure distance of the the tip of the fan blade to the ceiling.

All blades MUST be same distance.

If 1 blade is hanging either too low or too high, the fan sure wobble.

The problem blade.. need to unscrew and screw back to achieve the same distance as all the other fan blade.

Thank you sir