Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi May!

Really like your blog and have started making notes from your tips and tricks, especially the tile choosing. Thank you for sharing...

I'm starting my reno soon, may I have your contractor's details? I don't think we're using ID since the renovation is not gonna be major. Do you think Andrew would be willing to work on a small budget reno (less than 25k)?

Please pm me, thanks again!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi May!

Really like your blog and have started making notes from your tips and tricks, especially the tile choosing. Thank you for sharing...

I'm starting my reno soon, may I have your contractor's details? I don't think we're using ID since the renovation is not gonna be major. Do you think Andrew would be willing to work on a small budget reno (less than 25k)?

Please pm me, thanks again!

hi hi, thank you for visiting my blog. Been a while since someone comes in to view it. hehehehe....

i will pm you andrew's number. then you can give him a call. he is ok with small budget, as long as there are good rapport. cj07 reno was less than $20k but Andrew did his as well.... you can go have a look at what has been done to his flat. i like his TV console :thumbs up:

for really powerful jet.. really don't use instant.

i won't really reco u go for the 707 princeton coz you are already planning to reno ur house.. running hot water pipes to shower area shld be okay.. for the price we paid for the princeton, can really get one small storage tank le.. :bleah:

I also like storage tank, but how to convince the other half :bangwall: He thinks that the storage tank takes up too much space and very unsightly! :(

Edited by jshome

I also like storage tank, but how to convince the other half :bangwall: He thinks that the storage tank takes up too much space and very unsightly! :(

Tell him that rain shower with good pressure must have storage tank.

MY CONTRACTOR : ANDREW

A few of you been asking, who is my contractor. So today i will give you an assessment of him. Why i delayed until now to give out his name? For all type of services, i believe in before sales service and after sale service. I guess a month into moving in, would be good enough to say about their after sales service.

Why i choose Andrew?

1) I was on a budget and i know all those that i want to do not going to be cheap. Having a long WIW, special door, special swivel tv feature wall and an island is not going to be cheap. When i speak to 9 contractors/ID, i roughly know the price and it was slightly above my budget. So no choice but to choose as cheap as possible.

His pricing is not the cheapest (2nd cheapest) but its good enough for me. :good:

2) The chemistry - i understand what he says and he understands what i wanted. so its easy for me to tell him my ideas and my wants to make it into the dream home i wanted. I think this is very important so that what you have in your mind will become a reality. Or else a lot of misunderstanding will come and have a lot of bad feelings between yourself and your contractor/ID. :curse:

3) He was recommended by a friend. I always believe in recommendation because as friends, we want good things for our friends too. So i am very careful about who i recommend as well, whether for reno or for any other things that we face on daily basis. If its recommended, then i know he will try his best to do things to the best he can as he won't want to spoilt his relationship with the "recommender". For eg, now that he has done my reno, he will not be able to answer to me if he did not do his best for those i recommended. 8|

Renovation assessment

As i was in a tight timing to move in, from the time i collect the keys to i move in, only have 39 days, including saturdays and sundays. So if i take away these 2 days, there are only 29 days. So, a few of the preparation have to be done before renovation begins.

Tiles selection : 3 times

Laminate selection : 4 times

Lightings : 1 time

Cabinet, wardrobe and door design : 3 times

I would say that he was quite patient with me. I considered myself quite fussy but now that i am in renotalk for a while, i realised i am not very fussy actually. hahahaha... there are worse people than me.

I would say, Andrew is:

1) Patient

2) Prioritise well (so if you are as urgent case as me, then i believe he will make it happen for you)

3) A bit long winded so you must be patient to listen to him as well

4) Trustworthy - but this is a 2-way thing. If you trust him, he will deliver but if you always suspect and question him, how he will be able to do his job well?

5) Never give nonsense excuses. Actually, so far, never really gave me any excuses.

6) Eye for perfection. Like i said, i though i was fussy but he is fussier than me. Things i never realised, he will see it and try to get it done in a better way for me.

7) Even after a month of moving in, i just need to call him or his project coordinator, i get things done. The grout line for my toilet flooring seem like loosen and have gaps, so today got it done (with 2 days notice).

8) Sometimes busy and difficult to get him, but if you willing to keep on calling or leave sms, he will call you back. But 80% of the time, i manage to get him so totally not a problem for me.

I am so glad my reno was so smooth. Although tiring but at least i never face anything not able to be rectified or corrected. Most importantly, no delay at all although some touch up were done during this whole month.

Anything for me to complain? NONE!!!

So after finished this reno, i gained a friend. And through renotalk, i gained many many friends. Its a short journey but one that gained me a lot of experiences and friends. :good::D

hi, can recommend me Andrew? might need to seek his advice as I'm on tight schedule and budget too, hehehe

ELECTRICIAN

I used an electrician that was recommended by another forummer instead of the one that is recommended by my contractor. The main reason was the pricing. The pricing from the one from my contractor is about 1k more ex than Ah Soon (the one recommended by forummer).

Would i recommend this electrician? Yes, i would.

Reasons:

1) Pricing wise, is one of the best i have seen

2) Workmanship wise, they really try to have as little trunking as possible. :sport-smiley-004:

3) Very careful with my lightings - especially my crystals light and my special 7 stars light in my MBR.

09d0888b.jpg

4) The installation of fans also very stable, maybe its not KDK?

5) Extra service without extra charges (without me deh-ing). What i mean? I wanted another lighting point for my LED spotlight for my painting which was not in initial quote. 2 of the T5 i bought for my kitchen island was wrong size (supposed to be 2ft instead of 3ft). So they bought it on their own to install the next day.

Any complain? Only 1, which they forgot 1 of my light suppose to be 2-way but they installed wrongly so in the end i have to choose another light as 2way instead of the one initially i told them. To me, its not big deal. Everyone make mistake and since mistake already done, just move forward and use another light as 2-way.

So those that want Ah Soon's number, can contact me. :yamseng:

Hi, cn gv me ah-soon contacts? Which company he's under? Thanks :)

Hi May, i know that you are a christian so hope you dun get offended for me to ask you this.

Do you get someone to see fengshui to your house or just ask your pastor and cgl?

Hi May, i know that you are a christian so hope you dun get offended for me to ask you this.

Do you get someone to see fengshui to your house or just ask your pastor and cgl?

Because i am a christian, i don't believe in at fengshui so no one did any fengshui audit for me.

Pastor and cgl also don't belive in fengshui so there is nothing to ask. and whether there is anything that they need to do to my new flat, then no, there is nothing. I don't do any ceremony before starts of reno or when i move in...

Edited by May_dream1