Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
The tiler came last Friday to re-do the groutings filling up the gaps washed out by acid cleaning when painter finished their 2nd attempt to touch up and/or repainting.

Tiler Ah Lim, a smart decision by the contractor boss to send him over, called me up at about 4pm asking if I want to come back to check before he leaves. As I was unwell & held up elsewhere, I told him No, as it was alreay 4pm, and by the time I reached home, there won't be enough time.

So, I went back yesterday and found tiler had done a good job, attending to almost what I have conveyed when I met him during lunchtime on Friday. However, I had a detailed check around my whole house and found these:

- 2 pieces of wall tiles at common toilet have chipped corners, probably caused by other contractors when they use the facility.

- the joint between grey feature wall & side of door frame - grout lines need to touch up.

Painting is still a pain in the A**!!!!!!!

I am rejecting again, but I asked the Project Manager to get someone else to do the rectification. I understand they will send their in-house staff to come to attend to the problem, as Im afraid the painter will get very pissed off and will try to do 'something funny' to my house!!

Your place is looking up nicely! Can you PM me ur ID and reno costs? Have just gotten my place and am looking around for a good ID to do up our place.

Thanks!

I've opted fir a White kitchen too. Hope I dun regret it..

My white kitchen cabinet is not like those 'PAP' or nurses white uniform; it is very close to the pictures which I posted here.

The whole kitchen now looks very bright and classy. Further, with the white solid surface, you won't see scratches.

You may come over to see my white kitchen if you are in the West.

Your place is looking up nicely! Can you PM me ur ID and reno costs? Have just gotten my place and am looking around for a good ID to do up our place.

Thanks!

Hi, Weisbier

Thank you for visiting my blog & the compliment.

It is the extra efforts & extra miles put in by my reliable ID that make my whole reno process extraordinary.

I will PM you with the contact details of my hardworking & responsible ID to you soon.

My white kitchen cabinet is not like those 'PAP' or nurses white uniform; it is very close to the pictures which I posted here.

The whole kitchen now looks very bright and classy. Further, with the white solid surface, you won't see scratches.

You may come over to see my white kitchen if you are in the West.

lol, mine is PIANO WHITE, from the Black Magic range... horrible name to have as a brand i think... hahaha

it's glossy white. yet to choose my solid surface but ID told me to take white.

I shall admire your beautiful home from here... my FAR EAST le.. hahaha :D

Count down to my handover date .... Wednesday 26 Jan 2011.

lol, mine is PIANO WHITE, from the Black Magic range... horrible name to have as a brand i think... hahaha

it's glossy white. yet to choose my solid surface but ID told me to take white.

I shall admire your beautiful home from here... my FAR EAST le.. hahaha :D

My laminate is from the WHITELOGIC 2011 Laminate range, EDL brand. But I can't recall the name of glossy white colour I have chosen. It has little sparklings on it....

Will you install the glass cabinet, like mine?

My laminate is from the WHITELOGIC 2011 Laminate range, EDL brand. But I can't recall the name of glossy white colour I have chosen. It has little sparklings on it....

Will you install the glass cabinet, like mine?

erm. dun think so, might look a bit weird if i choose to do partial. Also, might not be a good idea to show what are the things inside...

If they are all coordinated, it's fine but i forget cha pa lang things inside... hahaa

erm. dun think so, might look a bit weird if i choose to do partial. Also, might not be a good idea to show what are the things inside...

If they are all coordinated, it's fine but i forget cha pa lang things inside... hahaa

So, we now have WHITELOGIC VS BLACK MAGIC and your cha pa lang things! Lol

Looks like your kitchen will turn out more classy than mine!

I'm very happy today.....received calls from Mode Studio confirming the vessels arriving port on 28 Jan. In the next hour, received another call from X'clusive Home that their shipment is also arriving on the same time. Looks like all my furniture bought from these 2 shops will be delivered to me by end Jan.:)

OpenNet just came to install the termination box. Tested ok.

Carpentry works in progress.

Curtains installation in progress.

Busy busy for all the workers at my place now.

Will upload the progress photographs later when I have the time.

Just finished wall paper on the new wall facing the main door. I'm now on my way back to my sister's place. I will upload the progress photos soon...

Just finished wall paper on the new wall facing the main door. I'm now on my way back to my sister's place. I will upload the progress photos soon...

Hi Mae, can PM me your ID contact?

Progress Photographs - Yesterday morning:

Carpentry works in progress:

Materials arrived in the morning around 10:00am

grq4_afd_uc4it.jpg

TV console was formed and came in one complete piece

grq4_45a_uc4it.jpg

Platform at Bedroom 4

grq4_ad5_uc4it.jpg

Shoe Cabinet beside the Store room

grq4_808_uc4it.jpg

Progress Photographs: continued

OpenNet came to install the Termination Box

grq4_662_uc4it.jpg

The mini-console to hide away the switches

grq4_dbc_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 4 - platform bed & side board

grq4_312_uc4it.jpg

grq4_7a7_uc4it.jpg

Dining Area - the frame for sliding windows

grq4_492_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs:

Storeroom & shoe cabinet:

The shelves inside the 'walk-in' store room:

grq4_b66_uc4it.jpg

The same guy who installed Pole System wardrobe sliding doors seen here installing the 2 huge sliding doors...this guy is very meticulous; the HDB walls of older flats are slanting and he tried his best to solve the problem by adjusting the frame & coordinating with the carpenter on how to resolve the gaps between walls.

grq4_80f_uc4it.jpg

The shoe cabinet is almost done, except for one door which the carpenter short buy one set of Blum hinges. The shoe cabinet will be adjusted to close the gap between the sliding doors.

grq4_33a_uc4it.jpg

This is the wooden sliding door for Master Bedroom toilet entrance

grq4_ab7_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29